Best multi use vehicle

"The Resistance needs you..."
Fra6160
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Re: Best multi use vehicle

Post by Fra6160 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:24 pm

Uhm... wasn't the topic title "best multi use vehicle" ?
THE FALL OF SDU MOD WORKS IN PROGRESS (16%) - STOPPED - ABANDONED

Download it here: http://www.gamefront.com/files/20703518 ... a+Demo.rar

UrbanAce3
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by UrbanAce3 » Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:12 am

Me Falcon yes i always loved that.
UrbanAce3~
:/i163.photobucket.com/albums/t318/Al-Khabir/UrbanAssaultSig7.gif[/img]
://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd333/pete_kaboom/SulgogarsUB2.png[/img]

Fra6160
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Fra6160 » Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:52 am

Mostly air vehicles, like Falcon and Warhammer.
THE FALL OF SDU MOD WORKS IN PROGRESS (16%) - STOPPED - ABANDONED

Download it here: http://www.gamefront.com/files/20703518 ... a+Demo.rar

pete_kaboom
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by pete_kaboom » Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:06 am

Wasps. With me, the only thing I can't take down with em are Hetzels.

UrbanAce3
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by UrbanAce3 » Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:08 am

The Falcon rules when you get it's 2x shot upgrade.
UrbanAce3~
:/i163.photobucket.com/albums/t318/Al-Khabir/UrbanAssaultSig7.gif[/img]
://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd333/pete_kaboom/SulgogarsUB2.png[/img]

Warhammer
Firefly
Firefly

Post by Warhammer » Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:29 am

I think it's absolutely Warhammer (surprisingly). I have never quite understood why Falcon, also useful though, seems to be the more appreciated one of these two.

In my opinion Warhammer's weapon is superior compared to Falcon, as it seldom misses the target, while the Falcon's double missiles are much slower and don't really get the faster planes like Tien-Ying 7 and Phantom. When flying the Falcon you have to face the enemy plane and have the missiles directly fire at it, or else they won't hit it very fast or at all. With Warhammer all you need to do is have the red targeting thing just flash on your screen and fire from any possible angle, and the missile will probably hit the enemy.

As Warhammer's also faster, you can use an effective fire-dodge method, which is useful against planes, flak stations and host stations. Fly near the target, fire, quickly turn away to dodge enemy fire, turn back and repeat. It takes only couple of a shots to destroy a Myko Flak station for example. A Falcon can also do this but it's more slow and stiff in turning. A single Warhammer is pretty durable if you manage to dodge enemy fire effectively.

Warhammer doesn't really own tanks, but it's still possible to take out a couple of them quite quickly with careful maneuvering.

Warhammer's quite like the right-hand vehicle of the host station. I use it to quickly capture enemy Power Station ( it's pretty fast to conquer sectors generally too), then beam there and spawn sturdy Tigers, Dragonflies, Rhinos or Rock Sleds, or maybe sometimes I just kill a powerless host station using only a Warhammer.

Cost is one thing in which I think Falcon beats Warhammer, so I often spawn many Falcons instead of Warhammers to defend the host station, and create single Warhammers for myself.

Nemphis
Ghargoil 1
Ghargoil 1

Post by Nemphis » Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:57 pm

the fox its fast, cheap and moderately powerful

leftylink
Useless Bystander Admin
Useless Bystander Admin

Post by leftylink » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:26 am

Warhammer wrote:I think it's absolutely Warhammer (surprisingly). I have never quite understood why Falcon, also useful though, seems to be the more appreciated one of these two.
I suppose you live up to your name eh? I will explain my reasoning in this matter.

Some of my sentiments are only applicable to singleplayer campaigns. In multiplayer, stuff changes and obviously the Falcon can't receive its double shot. Let's not think about this yet.

In single player, the fact that the Falcon has the double shot gives it 1.5 times as much damage as the Warhammer, and at a cheaper cost. Sure, it moves slower, and its shots do not travel as fast as the admittedly very awesome boomerang-thingy Warhammer missile. However, these concerns are mitigated by the fact that this is not what I use Warhammers and Falcons for.

I use fast units to capture an AI player's power stations, beam in, create heavy units (these would be the Tiger and the Dragonfly), and destroy the AI player as quickly as possible. For this, the Falcon does not need to have fast moving weapons, it needs powerful weapons, so the 600 damage to a power station as opposed to 400 is significant. Nextly, it needs to be fast enough to dodge enemy fire from flaks and other planes. The Falcon is more than fast enough for this job; the extra speed of the Warhammer is nice... but not needed for the purpose. The cheap cost of the Falcon wins out in this situation.

That specific purpose is one in which I prefer the Falcon over the Warhammer. Of course there are times when I do admit the Warhammer is better. As you said, it's much easier to destroy enemy flaks with the Warhammer because you can fly circles around the flaks and just shoot the boomerang-thingy and you know it will hit. This also makes it better for dogfights as well, as it's easier to dodge enemy fire and fire stuff that will actually hit the fast-moving enemy planes.

Of course, the first tactic I described (fast capture and kill) does not always work in multiplayer against smart human opponents instead of stupid computer opponents, and besides, in multiplayer the Falcon only has its single shot, so it does only 300 damage instead of the Warhammer's 400, and it is slower. I think in multiplayer, as well as in aerial warfare, I do think the Warhammer is better. As it stands, however, the Falcon is my most-used vehicle in the Resistance campaign.
~Leftylink, the former Useless Bystander Admin.
Retired from UA since university. May play again someday...

"SERP RUSH KEKEKEKEKEKEKEKE!!!"
"OMG I SAID NO RUSH 15 MINS!!!!!!" *dies*

Proud creator of the Urban Assault Campaign Guides [Resistance] [Ghorkov] [Taerkasten], the Urban Assault LDF Reader, and the Excel maps

Warhammer
Firefly
Firefly

Post by Warhammer » Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:18 am

Yeah, I see that Falcon has its sides too. While Warhammer beats Falcon, it's still works well enough for the purpose of the common tactic you described. A fully tech-upgraded Warhammer has weapon power of at least 500 though, and the reload rates are pretty same, so there's not very much difference in that.

But creating large squads of Warhammers is really waste of energy, as AI really can't get the most out of them. With cheaper cost and better armour Falcons are a more practical choice for AI air defence.

Brachy UA FREAK
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Brachy UA FREAK » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:21 am

ViR used Warhammer capping in mulitplayer. OMG this tihng rock vs MYKOs ....

Warhammer is the best Vehicle in AIR ,....
but falcon is far cheaper vs any other flying vehicles like hetzel. and falcon AI is beter. Warhammer AI is WASTE.

Best warhamemr vs flaks + AA AIR units.
GET YOUR HANDS OFF FROM THAT PARASITE!
Or
I LL QUADDA YOU

://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd333/pete_kaboom/MykoniansUB1.png
://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd333/pete_kaboom/X01-Quadda.gif

Myko Mod [MID] back alive after long hiatus!