North America Mod

"The Resistance needs you..."
Edward Fox
Slime Lord
Slime Lord

North America Mod

Post by Edward Fox » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:12 pm

Clearly this is quite a bit to ask for, particularly since I have no programing skills. But....

Would it not be great if there were a Resistance mod set in North America with a new map? I was always under the impression that the Resistance was a sort of Anglosphere faction.

With a satellite image like this:
Attachments
north-america-terra.jpg
north-america-terra.jpg (168.11 KiB) Viewed 1740 times
]http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd33 ... nceUB1.png[/img]

]http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd33 ... ensUB2.png[/img]

I have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal savior. If you have too and you aren't afraid to say it, copy and paste this into your signature.

GoldStar611
BlackSect Creator
BlackSect Creator

Re: North America Mod

Post by GoldStar611 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:19 am

wow I can't believe I didnt think of getting a satellite photo for the map. No this is not too hard to do at all..

Are you thinking of changing just the background and leaving the levels intact? Or putting this in a new mod?

Edward Fox
Slime Lord
Slime Lord

Post by Edward Fox » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:04 pm

I was thinking that it would be perfect for a well - polished mod with new levels. Of course it would look best if one could "rough up" the map a little.

There could be cities in the East and deserts in the West. Again, I can't do it but it would be great if someone made a mod in which the Resistance had to re-claim North America (from the Mykonians and Ghorkovs mostly).

And as an added bonus some of the maps lend themselves better to North America than Eurasia. I personally had a little bit of difficulty believing that I was in South Asia during components of the Ghorkov expansion campaign.

I have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal savior. If you have too and you aren't afraid to say it, copy and paste this into your signature.

MarcOlle
Bugged Ostwind?
Bugged Ostwind?

Post by MarcOlle » Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:07 pm

It can be done!
But the work is too hard, I did that with my mod, I used a sattelite image of Oceania...

The real problem of do a thing like that is determine the space for the levels, because the mask has to fit perfectly on this image, but with sometime it can be great!
Trying to do a comeback...
://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd333/pete_kaboom/SulgogarsUB2.png[/img]
________________________________________________________________________________________
Fra6160 at 29/Apr/2009 wrote:In 2011 we'll discover the plasma creation :D
And still we have not discovered the plasma creation...

Brachy UA FREAK
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Brachy UA FREAK » Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:53 am

I would be in for leveldesign if someone needs me.
Didn't try out the work of mario with new levels etc.
Would be great to have jsut new levels to fight on, because 42 over 14 years are not that much.
GET YOUR HANDS OFF FROM THAT PARASITE!
Or
I LL QUADDA YOU

://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd333/pete_kaboom/MykoniansUB1.png
://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd333/pete_kaboom/X01-Quadda.gif

Myko Mod [MID] back alive after long hiatus!

fabriciovic2
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by fabriciovic2 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:34 pm

Eddie(fox)i think that you can re-create original USA landscapes,i dont know about ua texture editor for building designs,but it will be interesting a kind of "scanned"buildings like digitalized fotos all over the buildings structures,such real buildings and houses,if it can be possible,Urban Assault will be beyond that a simple 3d rts game..,

Edward Fox
Slime Lord
Slime Lord

Post by Edward Fox » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:57 am

One could do that but I don't think it would even be necessary.

The horsehead pumps and windmills in the Taerkast lands look like they could be more easily found in the South-West United States and the skyscrapers look like they would be more at home in the Tri-State area than Europe.

But, if anyone wants to make custom textures go ahead.

fabriciovic2
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by fabriciovic2 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:25 pm

if digitalized new textures can be made,a UA-USA campaing,could look a like a kind of "google street view"look,and realistic cities will have buildings blowing up,maybe the "battle for Los Angeles"can be the real deal"battle for Los Angeles".New York,or New england its more easyer to build cause the snow and the cold weather its easy to find in the game, but california,maybe you can use the "northern african"textures from the game,to make similar to sunny or desert states,such arizona or Texas.for example,Beverly hills burning down during a battle and famous people s mansions as targets would be cool.... :)

MarcOlle
Bugged Ostwind?
Bugged Ostwind?

Post by MarcOlle » Thu May 17, 2012 9:07 pm

It could be done, but the problem is find the equivalent on the SETs... It isn't very precise and would take some time to create a decent mapping of it...
I'll try to do this soon, but don't expect me to help in the project... If it has started...
Trying to do a comeback...
://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd333/pete_kaboom/SulgogarsUB2.png[/img]
________________________________________________________________________________________
Fra6160 at 29/Apr/2009 wrote:In 2011 we'll discover the plasma creation :D
And still we have not discovered the plasma creation...

GoldStar611
BlackSect Creator
BlackSect Creator

Post by GoldStar611 » Fri May 18, 2012 1:18 am

The textures should be easy enough to extract. Given only 256 colors, if you make some nice looking modifications to the buildings and units I would be more than happy to put those back into the BAS files.