Religium!

The drones forum is back, for all your drone-ish silliness. (Post counts do not increase in this forum)
superbob1998
Turantul 2 Skorpio (Global Moderator)

Religium!

Post by superbob1998 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:17 am

Religion.... I know.... I know.... This subject is usually eaten alive out on the interwebs, but this must be brought up. Here is the church I go to:My Church

://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd472/superbob1998/GhorkovBanner.jpg[/img]
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
MS Paint skills are off the charts.

Thomas Fredson
Emperor of the Mykonians (Veteran)

Re: Religium!

Post by Thomas Fredson » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:08 am

I just don't like religion. At least what they've become.

They used to be a source of inspiration and/or a way of living for people.
Now (well it's not so recent, in ex. the crusades for christians)it's all lie, it's contradicting all the things it preached.

It's not all bad, don't get me wrong, but as far as I see, it's not what it's supposed to be...
When I see that in Brazil, pregnancy interruption is far more punishable than sexual violation, I'm thinking that they don't see things rightly...

But, well, it's just my opinion... Everyone is free to think whatever he wants, that's what make our world so "colourful".
://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd333/pete_kaboom/MykoniansUB1.png[/img]
://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd333/pete_kaboom/MykoniansUB2.png[/img]
://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t318/Al-Khabir/UrbanAssaultSig4.gif[/img]

Also administrator of UAFr Board

The Big Mistake album in progress! (ABORTED)

Edward Fox
Slime Lord
Slime Lord

Post by Edward Fox » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:31 pm

A distinction must be maintained between ideologies and their practitioners. Francisco Franco and Mother Teresa were both devout Catholics but any appraisal of Catholicism (for example) would only be fair if one looks at the ideology itself.
]http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd33 ... nceUB1.png[/img]

]http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd33 ... ensUB2.png[/img]

I have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal savior. If you have too and you aren't afraid to say it, copy and paste this into your signature.

superbob1998

Post by superbob1998 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:46 pm

I'm actually a follower of Bronze and an Atheist.

Bronze accepts all people from all religions!

Thomas Fredson

Post by Thomas Fredson » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:20 pm

@Edward: for sure there was, there is and there will always be good people in religion. My point is that unfortunately (and I expressed myself wrongly again in the last post)most of the people have bad use of religions, and I don't like this because it goes against the very basics of it (such as tolerance for example...). I'm an atheist (which means I also have my own beliefs, even if it's not religious) but I was baptized into christianty when I was about 2 years old (though I'm not practicant anymore).
But there are "religions" that I can't stand. The ones that just suck your money and enslave your mind. I won't name any, but I think you'll understand what I'm talking about...

Edward Fox
Slime Lord
Slime Lord

Post by Edward Fox » Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:33 pm

No, atheism is the belief that diety does not exist, not to have independent thought. Are you critical of religion or something else?

Also, your mention of the enslavement of the mind is a bit vague. Are you denying the existance of an objective truth?

I have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal savior. If you have too and you aren't afraid to say it, copy and paste this into your signature.

Thomas Fredson

Post by Thomas Fredson » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:38 pm

About my beliefs: I did not mentioned at any moment any form of deity I believe in. I was, instead, meaning scientific beliefs (and so, opposed to religion with their gods).
I'm saying this because lots of Christians and other religious community tends to deny science in all its forms. I know it's a bit awkward for me to tell these words this way, but I don't know how to express myself more clearly about these thoughts that are complicated for me to explain.

Once again, I'm criticizing what religion has become during centuries, because of bad people using it as a pretext for personal profit, not the very basics of them.
I'm also criticizing the lack of tolerance that religious people tend to have with "infidels" (I mean that extreme religiousness seems to spread worryingly).

I decided to give up Christanism when I saw what my peers do "for the sake of god", some of the things that infringe my own moral values (but I will not describe everything...)
So to be more clear about my thoughts: In my opinion, the bad thing about religion is that the community deviated from the original path, and "lies" (well I don't really know which word would fit better for what I'm thinking about).

To conclude, I will also precise about the mind enslavement point.
I was talking about sects that pretend to able to make you be a better person (and also falsely pretend they're a religion), but all they do is, instead, emptying your bank account for their own profit, always telling you that you've made great progress about yourself (and blah blah blah) to keep you paying for the sect... This is, in my opinion, very immoral (isn't it called a bridge of trust?), and I can't stand these communities.

Edward Fox
Slime Lord
Slime Lord

Post by Edward Fox » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:14 pm

But you still have not justified your position. The fact that some religious individuals deny the validity of science (in certain instances) or manipulate others does not disprove theism or even organized religion. I could say the same thing about atheism in that the deadliest regimes (Mao, Stalin, Pol Pot) were all atheistic.

Are you an atheist or an agnostic? Please look up the distinction.

superbob1998

Post by superbob1998 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:28 pm

Thomas, come join me in the following of Bronze. This religion does exist, but it is unknown to many.

When people think of Bronze, they think of just a simple metal, or something that some tools or parts are made out of, but those people don't know the truth.

Bronze is very powerful. Not just the metal, but Bronze itself. Bronze is something that I and very few worship as all others say that what I believe is stupid. Bronze is what holds together the fabrics of time. Bronze is what the universe was created out of. Bronze is very powerful, and very accepting. If someone is able to accept the truth of Bronze, then Bronze will accept them as its son. All that are the sons of Bronze are all connected through the power of Bronze, because when we accept Bronze, we become part of Bronze. All that are part of Bronze are know as Bronze Brothers and Sisters.

Bronze is the component of life. We who believe in Bronze know the evidence that proves this, but all others who are not do not have the mental capabilities to realize this.

If you are willing to become a follower of Bronze, please talk to me, and I will help guide you towards the path of worshiping Bronze. And when you are truly a son of Bronze, you will know the true difference between Bronze, the metal, and Bronze itself.

Happy_Hereford
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Happy_Hereford » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:31 pm

Thomas Fredson wrote: But there are "religions" that I can't stand. The ones that just suck your money and enslave your mind. I won't name any, but I think you'll understand what I'm talking about...
Join my religion - I'm a high priestess and we have awesome hats! And free beer.

(I don't mean to offend anyone but this is too good to pass up. -Jaymie)

Ladies and gentlemen, HEATHER MORRIS