Well...

Urban Assault is an old game and its rare blend of FPS and RTS deserves to be seen again. For those of you who want to start/coordinate projects to make an Urban Assault 2, this is a dedicated forum for you!
Nemphis
Ghargoil 1
Ghargoil 1

Well...

Post by Nemphis » Sun May 16, 2010 12:08 am

Before I returned I Learned of something amazing The Unreal 3 Engine is now Open (Ish) Source, I Also heard that it is relatively easy to use... So Whaddya think anyone willing to put up with the effort Like myself of learning the UDK
here's a link for the download: http://www.moddb.com/engines/unreal-eng ... nloads/udk

GoldStar611
BlackSect Creator
BlackSect Creator

Re: Well...

Post by GoldStar611 » Mon May 17, 2010 12:55 am

Are you planning on making a first person shooter? I think all the unreal engines are more for shooter games than anything. I would love to co-develop a game but I dont have time at the moment

Darth_Cthulhu
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Darth_Cthulhu » Mon May 17, 2010 8:08 am

Not necessarily. If you played UT2k4 or UTIII you may have seen Onslaught game mode which shows that UT engine works with open spaces and vehicles pretty well
C++ developer. Failed to learn OGRE and worked in gamedev. Alcoholic and chain-smoker.

GoldStar611
BlackSect Creator
BlackSect Creator

Post by GoldStar611 » Tue May 18, 2010 5:55 pm

I have both of those game actually and you are right. I think of unreal and FPS automatically go together because that is the only mode I play haha.