I hope this wouldn't sound too arrogantly, but
I am doing UA2 now
Let me explain.
I am writing a game engine. Progress is very good. Working rendering and input. I've already played miniature game i written by sligthly modifying my sources
Well, in a month-two, i hope, there will be some alpha to show you.
My roadmap to version 0.1 is:
- Console management of game (~ and write commands)
- Stability (app must work in WinXP, Vista and 7 without upgrading .Net and installing MS Visual Studio runtime, though now it must have runtime - it's debug (: )
- Loading meshes (I haven't decided which model format to use, now it's just .x)
- Sounds'n'music (i have sources from other project, but i'm not in a hurry to implement it, as i have debug to do )
- demo level, as i've not decided and designed levels and such.
I want you to help me with:
- Which model and texture format should i use? (Freeware of course)
- How to design level? How do you see it's file structure and scripting?
This is what i need now.
I need also:
- All your thoughts about gameplay and design
- Modellers and models (Now in .x, later - in chosen format)
I would be glad to hear your criticism, advice and support