Game Design Opportunity

Urban Assault is an old game and its rare blend of FPS and RTS deserves to be seen again. For those of you who want to start/coordinate projects to make an Urban Assault 2, this is a dedicated forum for you!
Nothing But Leonids
Weasel
Weasel

Game Design Opportunity

Post by Nothing But Leonids » Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:26 am

Null
Last edited by Nothing But Leonids on Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Urbana
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Re: Game Design Opportunity

Post by Urbana » Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:58 am

Well at the moment FRA6160 is making his version the fall of SDU that is gonna contain tons of levels and an updated engine to run on. You should PM him to find out how its going
I have been away too long. The challenge has waned. They must learn anew the meaning of ph34r
://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd333/pete_kaboom/TheResistanceUB2-1.png[/img]
://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t318/Al-Khabir/UrbanAssaultSig.gif[/img]

john1352
Ghargoil 3
Ghargoil 3

Post by john1352 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:38 am

It's a good idea, unfortunately I have no idea about how to make a game. It has been tried in the past (remaking UA), I don't know anything about it though. Good luck!
://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd333/pete_kaboom/FalconUB.png[/img]

Nothing But Leonids
Weasel
Weasel

Post by Nothing But Leonids » Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:46 pm

I was talking about a whole new game similar to urban assault in the RTS and first person action department.The point of this is to make an entirely new game and a few years from now when we complete it, we sell it and reap the profits. Then with the profits we grow as a group to a larger scale game designing company. I am sure there is at least 1 person here with knowledge and is willing to help.

I will definitely message him and see what he is up to.

The Leonid Guy
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by The Leonid Guy » Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:12 pm

That's a really good idea. I'd like to help, but I'm not really a game designer. And school's in my way. Good luck though! Great idea.
://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t318/Al-Khabir/UrbanAssaultSig5.gif[/img]

Nothing But Leonids
Weasel
Weasel

Post by Nothing But Leonids » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:27 pm

There are so many aspects of Game Design that require many people with unique talents. Before designing 3D models you need concept art. You cannot create anything without seeing what it looks like. If you are great with drawing with your hand, you can be apart of game designing.

There are 3D environment, user interface, texturing 3D models, 3D modeling and animation, C/C++ programming, and other artists/designers to create a game. To me the hardest is the coding, compared to 3D modeling and creating the designs, programming is what makes the game. Excellent and thorough programming is what makes a game feel good. The art of the design is what makes it look good.

Fra6160
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Fra6160 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:21 pm

Hi, I've just read your PM. As for what Urbana said " Well at the moment FRA6160 is making his version the fall of SDU that is gonna contain tons of levels and an updated engine to run on. You should PM him to find out how its going" I'm not making an update engine, I'm just making new levels for a whole mod. ;)

Hmm, as for your request, it looks like interesting. I'm good in drawing with my hands so this would be of help and I think I can be able in designing levels. My problem is that I do not know any programming language at the moment.

Anyway welcome on the board, we all hope you'll enjoy your stay here.
THE FALL OF SDU MOD WORKS IN PROGRESS (16%) - STOPPED - ABANDONED

Download it here: http://www.gamefront.com/files/20703518 ... a+Demo.rar

O Y ME
Emperor of the Mykonians (Veteran)
Emperor of the Mykonians (Veteran)

Post by O Y ME » Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:39 pm

I am just starting to learn Python but it is hard to understand any instructions I find. I can tell I have a long way to go. When I read your post, it reminds me of the UA reborn topic I made back at UAHQ. I too would hope that one day, something like this could happen, but unfortunately, I don't see to much of a bright future for me. :(
National martial law is finally here.

Fra6160
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Fra6160 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:13 pm

Be optimistic ;) Think it from the positive side. If we really want to do a project, nothing is impossible. :)
THE FALL OF SDU MOD WORKS IN PROGRESS (16%) - STOPPED - ABANDONED

Download it here: http://www.gamefront.com/files/20703518 ... a+Demo.rar

Gyiyg
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Gyiyg » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:59 pm

i wanted to re-create the entire urban assault gameplay in the Unreal1 engine in the form of a mod for the first unreal game, but that never happened as far as i know, i didn't make all of the 3-D models aside from just the tiger tank.
Just can't wait to fill you so full of psychically charged death...