UA2 A proper sequal

Urban Assault is an old game and its rare blend of FPS and RTS deserves to be seen again. For those of you who want to start/coordinate projects to make an Urban Assault 2, this is a dedicated forum for you!
ForeverAndADork
Firefly
Firefly

UA2 A proper sequal

Post by ForeverAndADork » Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:41 pm

Seems the idea for a sequel has been abandoned for the most part but I have not give up hope. Anyone with any talents at all please inbox me so I can put together an elite team of nerds to make this beautiful thing happen.

GoldStar611
BlackSect Creator
BlackSect Creator

Re: UA2 A proper sequal

Post by GoldStar611 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:04 am

There have been a few attempts, some with more progress than others but I believe most have been abandoned.

A few of us are working in our free time on opening up the original UA engine and editing the model files.

ForeverAndADork
Firefly
Firefly

Post by ForeverAndADork » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:53 pm

GoldStar611 wrote:There have been a few attempts, some with more progress than others but I believe most have been abandoned.

A few of us are working in our free time on opening up the original UA engine and editing the model files.
im actually going to be making a wholehearted attempt. im willing to do the work myself cause my schedule allows for that kind of time but i would like some help.

Ormu
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Ormu » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:26 pm

Good luck. I'd start by implementing the core gameplay and wouldn't care very much about content (story, maps, units... ) for now. When that's done, potential content creators might wake up as they see that the game works.
Matthew Lever wrote:Take out Ormus as soon as you see them.
UA community Discord channel: https://discord.gg/7H4dFQH
Not all Ormus are mine. When in doubt, please ask...

ForeverAndADork
Firefly
Firefly

Post by ForeverAndADork » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:10 am

Ormu wrote:Good luck. I'd start by implementing the core gameplay and wouldn't care very much about content (story, maps, units... ) for now. When that's done, potential content creators might wake up as they see that the game works.
thanks for the encouragement. im currently putting together a test level and some concept art. ive also noticed that people are concerned about the storyline i suggested. getting some help there to keep it canon would probably be best since i dont wanna be lynched :lol: