Microsoft Urban Assault Reloaded needs help

Urban Assault is an old game and its rare blend of FPS and RTS deserves to be seen again. For those of you who want to start/coordinate projects to make an Urban Assault 2, this is a dedicated forum for you!
dragonfire967
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Re: Microsoft Urban Assault Reloaded needs help

Post by dragonfire967 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:36 pm

yea someday... in the meantime, my company is in the process of developing a different game. :)
Image Chaotic Realm Studios, LLC
[i161.photobucket.com/albums/t239/Dragonfire967/f9f19715-6fad-4df8-8cd4-aebfddd21b3d_zps335baf10.jpg[/img]

uatg
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by uatg » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:43 pm

dragonfire967 wrote:yea someday... in the meantime, my company is in the process of developing a different game. :)
I don't want to go off topic but can you say something about your company's other project? Urban-Assault-like or a completely different genre?
You either taste, feel, and smell the intoxication of freedom and revolt, or sink into the miasma of despair and apathy. You are either a rebel or a slave. - Chris Hedges

Thomas Fredson
Emperor of the Mykonians (Veteran)
Emperor of the Mykonians (Veteran)

Post by Thomas Fredson » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:40 pm

I think you should make a post about your company in the General Chat section! ;)
://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd333/pete_kaboom/MykoniansUB1.png[/img]
://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd333/pete_kaboom/MykoniansUB2.png[/img]
://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t318/Al-Khabir/UrbanAssaultSig4.gif[/img]

Also administrator of UAFr Board

The Big Mistake album in progress! (ABORTED)

dragonfire967
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by dragonfire967 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:04 am

ill see about doing that sometime later this week.

As for the game, it has nothing to do with MSUA, but is more of a survival action-adventure type game... Let it suffice to say... remote island, your alone... hungry creatures wanting you for dinner.
[i161.photobucket.com/albums/t239/Dragonfire967/f9f19715-6fad-4df8-8cd4-aebfddd21b3d_zps335baf10.jpg[/img]

dragonfire967
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by dragonfire967 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:16 pm

Ok... After spending about a month now of trying to contact Microsoft Legal, I have still not been able to get an answer from them. The emails are sent, and awaiting reply, and this project is on hold until further notice. Once I receive any news, good or bad, I will give you guys an update. Until then, I will be busy working on our current project, and may not be active on the forums here during this time.

Brachy UA FREAK
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Brachy UA FREAK » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:31 pm

Microsoft .... maybe try with some knid of other source of attention for microsoft?
GET YOUR HANDS OFF FROM THAT PARASITE!
Or
I LL QUADDA YOU

://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd333/pete_kaboom/MykoniansUB1.png
://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd333/pete_kaboom/X01-Quadda.gif

Myko Mod [MID] back alive after long hiatus!

dragonfire967
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by dragonfire967 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:22 pm

Sorry for not being on here much, been busy with our current title. Just wanted to give you guys an update.

I just got an email back from Microsoft legal, and they wish to talk to me more regarding this before they make a decision. I am scheduling a call conference with them for either this week or next to go over the details, so hope for the game still lives.

One thing I do want to mention. As of right now, I have limited staff for modeling and design to allocate to this game due to our current title we are working on, so if anyone is interested in helping with the design, modeling, and some coding, it would be much appreciated. Keep in mind any and all applicants I take on would need to fill out an NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement), and would be paid for their work upon release of the title based on how much it makes (We have not released our first title yet, so we don't have any revenue coming in yet to afford hourly or monthly wages as of yet). If you are interested, please send me an email with your resume and examples of work to b.matthews@chaoticrealmstudios.com and I will look it over.

I will keep everyone here updated with the status of my talk with Microsoft here.

Brachy UA FREAK
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Brachy UA FREAK » Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:00 pm

These are good news ;P maybe microsoft itself get hookedu p with the idea ;)
GET YOUR HANDS OFF FROM THAT PARASITE!
Or
I LL QUADDA YOU

://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd333/pete_kaboom/MykoniansUB1.png
://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd333/pete_kaboom/X01-Quadda.gif

Myko Mod [MID] back alive after long hiatus!

dragonfire967
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by dragonfire967 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:32 pm

Just finished filling out and submitting an NDA to Microsoft. As of now, any information I give out at this point will be non-confidential, and I will be unable to release any details related to the game itself. Waiting to hear back from legal now in regards to setting up a phone conference.

Syldan
Firefly
Firefly

Post by Syldan » Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:09 pm

UA had great qualities for his time. He had failed.

For have probed in depth his files, I can say this:
> A continuation was planned, but was canceled.
> The end of the project was brutal (visible in some incomplete files).

The principle has not rained at the period. Now again, the apocalyptic world is a common scenario, current.

We see it again, and again ...

To make unstick a franchise, is needed something new, from unpublished work. Something little ordinary, which makes you want to stay for very long. A game which has a soul, and that makes you want to get involved in it.

UA is a passion for some fans, but I doubt that a continuation has a success. Many current games fail, because based on existing titles (example : SWTOR). People know and it is a repeat. A lack of creativity.

Many people, besides, compares severely continuation / original. If you do not offer the same thing much better (good factions stories, massive customization ...), the product can only be very badly received..

Unless you're really passionate, you will lose your money. Competition is severe. Something that does not stand out ... cannot encourage the purchase.

In your place, I will create something new, additive, which can excite the customer and don’t repeat the same mistakes that other titles: poor history, farm, known principle, exhaustion, bad endgame, etc..

Tip: start on a new basis, learn about the points which killed the other franchises, not to repeat the same mistakes.