Microsoft Urban Assault Reloaded needs help

Urban Assault is an old game and its rare blend of FPS and RTS deserves to be seen again. For those of you who want to start/coordinate projects to make an Urban Assault 2, this is a dedicated forum for you!
Syldan
Firefly
Firefly

Re: Microsoft Urban Assault Reloaded needs help

Post by Syldan » Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:36 pm

Hello :).

I follow your project with attention.

You plan to make a new UA. Attractive program.

However, UA was not lot sold. The game suffered several problems, as a mode pretty poor multiplayer.

The development can be long, and the high price. My question :

> Is your purpose to do pleasure old UA players ?
> Is your purpose to make a good remake which can relate commercially ? (No allusion, don't worry).

In the case of the answer 2, it is necessary to remember that the game had not much success in spite of its qualities of period.
To sell, it will be necessary to interest new players: it asks of the publicity, thus the high costs.

"World Of Tank" : good success for example.
Even by resuming the basic principle, always in the optics 2, I am septic if the purpose is commercial. The strength of the success is to distance itself from the competition.

I do not want to discourage, but to seduce the customer is not easy nowadays. Many companies prefer today to turn to young clientele, easier to satisfy, which has more time to play and to buy.

Furthermore, what made the strength of UA, it is also the capacity to modify the game. I know myself modifying the special effects of the explosions. Furthermore, two other members with great talent are about to open the black box of files SKL (model of vehicles).

The old players will not abandon UA easily, and the current clientele is not easy to conquer. The challenge will be very difficult. But I wish you to make a success.

dragonfire967
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by dragonfire967 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:50 pm

Hey Syldan, to answer your questions:

My purpose for recreating this game, is because I feel that with the use of modern tricks and tools available today, I can make this game better than it was before, with highly improved multiplayer and singleplayer modes. The game would be available for sell through our website upon release. We would only be selling the game through our website, and possibly also through Steam (you will not be required to have steam to play the game unless you order it through steam), and we would be advertising it through TV and internet ads. We have already sat down and discussed the costs of all of this.

One of the key things we will be working on, is maintaining the qualities that MAKE it Urban Assault, but also revamping the interface to make it more user-friendly and attractive. We would also be upgrading the graphics and gameplay dramatically.
To make it more susceptible to new players, some new features (yet to be discussed) would be added that current generation gamers look for in a game. We are still going through the idea phase, so I can't really release much on this at the moment. Also, we would be utilizing two main programming languages for development: C++ and Python. C++ would be the core language for non-moddable files in the game, while Python would be used for files that players can modify to their liking.

The game would also have a new menu added called "Mods" where you can load custom made mods into the game, that are put into the game's mod folder. In addition, a new Mission Editor will be made for the game, available on either release or sometime after (depending on how ready it is on release of the actual game) where players can develop their own missions, maps, etc. We are also looking into possibly making a standalone Object editor for the game that modders can use to modify existing vehicles, buildings, etc, or create new ones for the game, instead of having to manually open binaries to make changes.

This is just a small glimpse into what we have planned, and more is on the way. Most of which I cannot discuss openly at this time.
Image Chaotic Realm Studios, LLC
[i161.photobucket.com/albums/t239/Dragonfire967/f9f19715-6fad-4df8-8cd4-aebfddd21b3d_zps335baf10.jpg[/img]

Syldan
Firefly
Firefly

Post by Syldan » Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:52 pm

Very interesting.

Thank you for these answers. You know apparently where you go :D.

I hope that Microsoft will free you the rights.

Brachy UA FREAK
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Brachy UA FREAK » Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:57 pm

Some answers yet?
GET YOUR HANDS OFF FROM THAT PARASITE!
Or
I LL QUADDA YOU

://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd333/pete_kaboom/MykoniansUB1.png
://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd333/pete_kaboom/X01-Quadda.gif

Myko Mod [MID] back alive after long hiatus!

dragonfire967
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by dragonfire967 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:25 pm

still waiting for microsoft, unfortunately. I'm going to be trying to contact them again on Tuesday or Wednesday next week to see if I can't get a hold of a live person.
[i161.photobucket.com/albums/t239/Dragonfire967/f9f19715-6fad-4df8-8cd4-aebfddd21b3d_zps335baf10.jpg[/img]

Brachy UA FREAK
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Brachy UA FREAK » Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:31 pm

Ok, already wanted to suggest asking again
Or
I LL QUADDA YOU

dragonfire967
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by dragonfire967 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:17 pm

on phone with microsoft, hoping to get an answer today, will update you once the call is over.

Thomas Fredson
Emperor of the Mykonians (Veteran)
Emperor of the Mykonians (Veteran)

Post by Thomas Fredson » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:21 pm

Hope it will end to something favorable...
://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd333/pete_kaboom/MykoniansUB1.png[/img]
://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd333/pete_kaboom/MykoniansUB2.png[/img]
://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t318/Al-Khabir/UrbanAssaultSig4.gif[/img]

Also administrator of UAFr Board

The Big Mistake album in progress! (ABORTED)

dragonfire967
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by dragonfire967 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:47 pm

left a voice message for them to call me back, so no resolution on this yet. Will keep you guys updated.

Brachy UA FREAK
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Brachy UA FREAK » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:47 am

Keep on it, someday they will answer ;)
Or
I LL QUADDA YOU