Microsoft Urban Assault Reloaded needs help

Urban Assault is an old game and its rare blend of FPS and RTS deserves to be seen again. For those of you who want to start/coordinate projects to make an Urban Assault 2, this is a dedicated forum for you!
dragonfire967
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Microsoft Urban Assault Reloaded needs help

Post by dragonfire967 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:03 am

Hey guys, this is in reference to my post here regarding doing a reboot of the game using modern graphics and features.

I will be on the phone tomorrow with Microsoft legal department regarding finalizing a deal to acquire rights to take over this game for my company (this may mean the "Microsoft" part of the title may vanish). Whilst we wait for the final answer (which may take several more days or weeks... or months...), I would like to ask anyone here with any skill at 3D modeling, graphics design, coding for C++ / python, animation, and / or music / sound creation, to please submit a resume with examples of your work or proof of some nature that you know how to do any of these to me at b.matthews@chaoticrealmstudios.com. This is a volunteer position with my company, and all participants will receive a portion of the profits for the final game on release (the actual amount will depend on how many people we take on). If we really like your work, we may extend an offer of employment for full time work with us in a role we feel you would fit best in.

Please note, if you are interested in this offer, you MUST have a microphone, and Teamspeak 3 to join our company server for any meetings we may have, and must be willing to sign a non-disclosure agreement (NDA), before we will release any information to you. If you have any questions, you may send me an email to the one listed above, or if you feel the answer will benefit all interested parties, you may post it here. I am NOT able to say exactly how much the payout upon game release will be until we get to that point, and there is no guarantee that Microsoft will let us take over this game to bring it back to life. If at any time after your acceptance we feel you are not able to provide satisfactory work, we reserve the right to terminate your contract with us at any time, with or without warning. Also, for legal reasons you must be at least 16 years of age or older.

Thank You,
Bryan Matthews
Owner
Chaotic Realm Studios, LLC
b.matthews@chaoticrealmstudios.com
Image Chaotic Realm Studios, LLC
[i161.photobucket.com/albums/t239/Dragonfire967/f9f19715-6fad-4df8-8cd4-aebfddd21b3d_zps335baf10.jpg[/img]

Brachy UA FREAK
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Re: Microsoft Urban Assault Reloaded needs help

Post by Brachy UA FREAK » Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:46 pm

Pretty interresting what you are planning to put up... hope microsoft approves.

I'm a somewhat skilled mapper for SDK and UA, otherwise nothing special about it
GET YOUR HANDS OFF FROM THAT PARASITE!
Or
I LL QUADDA YOU

://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd333/pete_kaboom/MykoniansUB1.png
://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd333/pete_kaboom/X01-Quadda.gif

Myko Mod [MID] back alive after long hiatus!

Thomas Fredson
Emperor of the Mykonians (Veteran)

Post by Thomas Fredson » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:36 pm

I've done few themes and sound design so far.
Nothing as good as a professional though...
://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd333/pete_kaboom/MykoniansUB1.png[/img]
://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd333/pete_kaboom/MykoniansUB2.png[/img]
://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t318/Al-Khabir/UrbanAssaultSig4.gif[/img]

Also administrator of UAFr Board

The Big Mistake album in progress! (ABORTED)

dragonfire967
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by dragonfire967 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:02 am

Brachy, how willing would you be to learn how to design levels using Unreal Engine 3, or UDK? This is the engine we would be using for development.

Thomas, when you say themes, do you mean music themes, or art themes? Either way, we need a good graphics designer and an audio person. If you want, send me an example of your work, and we will take a look and see what we think. :)

Also, still nothing back from Microsoft, but it may take a few weeks before I hear a reply.
[i161.photobucket.com/albums/t239/Dragonfire967/f9f19715-6fad-4df8-8cd4-aebfddd21b3d_zps335baf10.jpg[/img]

Thomas Fredson

Post by Thomas Fredson » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:15 am

I meant audio themes.

here are some example for audio themes that I made this past 2 years. They sure need improvement, however they have been made very quickly for express demands.

As for sound design, I have to wander throughout my old pc to search for them.

dragonfire967
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by dragonfire967 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:56 pm

not bad for music made for express demands (i.e. rushed). Tell you what, if you get the time, see about making an urban assault themed song for the title menu of the game, and I'll have my guys have a listen. If we like what we see, I may send you some information on contracting you to do our audio for us.

Thomas Fredson

Post by Thomas Fredson » Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:11 pm

I was thinking about redoing the main theme with modern sounds.
Anyway, I still have to finalize my DAW setup on my new pc...

dragonfire967
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by dragonfire967 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:50 pm

no problem, no rush. Still waiting on microsoft.

Brachy UA FREAK
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Brachy UA FREAK » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:50 pm

Never worked for UDK engine, however once ther is a sdecent editor I'm gonig ot work alot on it, or I hope so ...
GET YOUR HANDS OFF FROM THAT PARASITE!
Or
I LL QUADDA YOU

://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd333/pete_kaboom/MykoniansUB1.png
://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd333/pete_kaboom/X01-Quadda.gif

Myko Mod [MID] back alive after long hiatus!

dragonfire967
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by dragonfire967 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:30 am

yea, main reason we will be using the UDK is because it only costs $99 to use it per title, and the first $50K in revenue is royalty free, everything after that you have to pay EpicGames 25% on the revenue (so if I sell $60K in revenue, the first $50K, I keep, the last $10K, I only pay them $2,500 in royalties). In addition, the engine is extremely powerful, including the ability to create highly realistic terrains, maps, and textures. A key example of this would to direct your attention to both the Mass Effect and Gears of War series. Both were made on the unreal engine, or UDK. It also gives us the ability to make buildings crumble using physics, much like a building in real life would collapse and get damaged if something hit it, or caused damage.