Which Age of Empires game is better?

Urban Assault's not the only game you play, is it?! Talk about other games here!
Roland985
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Re: Which Age of Empires game is better?

Post by Roland985 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:09 pm

Give 0AD a try. I loved it. It's a free and open source game too, which is even better.

Reverie
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Reverie » Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:09 pm

CharlotteLabyrinth wrote:
Zidane wrote:As I think Rise of Nations is a good siquel for AoE, and I liked to play it too.
Rise of Nations (with its expansion pack Thrones & Patriots) is one of the top-notch RTS games ever made, in my opinion. :)
I can even write a long essay about how good and ingenious the game is.
Please write it. I know this game very well.

CharlotteLabyrinth
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by CharlotteLabyrinth » Sun Sep 04, 2016 5:03 pm

Reverie wrote:
Zidane wrote:As I think Rise of Nations is a good siquel for AoE, and I liked to play it too.
Rise of Nations (with its expansion pack Thrones & Patriots) is one of the top-notch RTS games ever made, in my opinion. :)
Maybe if I had time I would probably write about it someday, but not at the moment. Writing it wouldn't be a problem in itself, but then I also think it won't be worth investing my extensive time and effort on it, which I doubt more than a few people would ever read... or maybe, if I receive any summative grade for my upcoming MSc degree by writing a dozen paper about the game. ;) Not that it would be any helpful for my major anyway. But joking aside, I do have some notes regarding several key ideas and theses to be covered in it with extensive details of game mechanics and in-depth analyses into the structural model of gameplay concepts.

Instead of writing a long and exhuastive dissertation here, perhaps I can write down some brief notions about why I think it is a good game if anyone is interested... But don't expect it to be any persuasive. There are simply way too much things to be covered. :P

Reverie wrote:And second question, which game is better - Company of Heroes or Men of War?
By the way, would you mind to elaborate on which CoH and MoW games were you referring to in this question? I tentatively assume they are CoH2 and MoW:AS2 respectively?
;----------------------------------------------------------
;
; Vielleicht der niedlichste Hubi, Knuddel.
;
;----------------------------------------------------------

Personal Declaration: I always use different usernames across different websites. Hence if you ever see my username is being used outside of Stoudson Corporation, I absolutely have no affiliation whatsoever with that!

Reverie
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Reverie » Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:51 am

Reverie wrote:
CharlotteLabyrinth wrote: Rise of Nations (with its expansion pack Thrones & Patriots) is one of the top-notch RTS games ever made, in my opinion. :)
Maybe if I had time I would probably write about it someday, but not at the moment. Writing it wouldn't be a problem in itself, but then I also think it won't be worth investing my extensive time and effort on it, which I doubt more than a few people would ever read... or maybe, if I receive any summative grade for my upcoming MSc degree by writing a dozen paper about the game. ;) Not that it would be any helpful for my major anyway. But joking aside, I do have some notes regarding several key ideas and theses to be covered in it with extensive details of game mechanics and in-depth analyses into the structural model of gameplay concepts.

Instead of writing a long and exhuastive dissertation here, perhaps I can write down some brief notions about why I think it is a good game if anyone is interested... But don't expect it to be any persuasive. There are simply way too much things to be covered. :P

Reverie wrote:And second question, which game is better - Company of Heroes or Men of War?
By the way, would you mind to elaborate on which CoH and MoW games were you referring to in this question? I tentatively assume they are CoH2 and MoW:AS2 respectively?
No, I mean first part. Because second part doesnt runs smoothly in my computer :P And I heard that CoH 1 is better than CoH 2. Just like, people love AoE 2 better than AoE 3.

Reverie
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Reverie » Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:54 am

Roland985 wrote:Give 0AD a try. I loved it. It's a free and open source game too, which is even better.
I saw this game in Google. Graphics looks good. I will try it anyway. Thanks :D