Planetary Annihilation

Urban Assault's not the only game you play, is it?! Talk about other games here!
Sandremo
Zeppelin
Zeppelin

Planetary Annihilation

Post by Sandremo » Mon May 06, 2013 2:41 pm

I was just wondering has anybody here backed this game? I pledged 90€ on it when it was still on kickstarter and i'm beginning to see merit for those 90€.

The name of game should be enough to describe what it is but incase it's not here's a quote from wikipedia which should explain it a bit
In interviews with PC Gamer and Joystiq, lead game developer Jon Mavor commented that the game's complexity and playtime can vary, from half-hour, 2-player battles to lengthy, 40-player matches.[9][10] Planetary Annihilation is planned to feature a planet-based map system, including multiple star systems, different types of planets and asteroids. Players will be able to conquer other planets and even entire systems on maps said to include "hundreds of worlds". These planets are also planned to be dynamic in that they can be 'annihilated' using asteroids, a major focus for Uber Entertainment. The game's creators have also stated that Planetary Annihilation will resemble something of the 1997 RTS Total Annihilation as its focus is more towards 'macro' gameplay as opposed to 'micro' gameplay. In development updates, Mavor has commented that "a million" in-game units is a design goal of the development team.[11] It has also been hinted that Planetary Annihilation will feature a commander-focused system, in which the player loses when their commander dies.
So basicly it goes down the line of Total Annihilation and Supreme Commander line of games which get's me excited about it. The game is still in pre-alpha but they have made fantastic progress on it in the past 8 months and they are gearing up for alpha release this month. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bU9vVC_Hchs

I'm getting ready to blow up some planets, here's hoping YOU are getting ready for the same. :D

Edit: Incase the wikipedia quote and the youtube video doesnt explain much, basicly the game is in style of Total Annihilation and Supreme Commander.

-Sandremo