Favourite video game developers/publishers?

Urban Assault's not the only game you play, is it?! Talk about other games here!
CharlotteLabyrinth
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Favourite video game developers/publishers?

Post by CharlotteLabyrinth » Sat May 20, 2017 3:40 pm

Like many other people, I just tend to search, purchase, and play the games I found interesting regardless of what video game companies were involved in making them.

But in recent years, I've found myself playing (or replaying) the games mostly made by the following game developers & publishers (in no particular order):

DICE (Battlefield series; Mirror's Edge & Catalyst; Star Wars Battlefront)
Firaxis (Civilization series - especially SMAX & BE; XCOM series)
Maxis (SimCity series; Spore)
Microsoft Game Studios (All those classic, nostalgic goodies including Halo, MS Flight Simulator, and of course UA!)
Paradox Interactive (Europa Universalis series; Hearts of Iron series; Cities: Skylines; Stellaris)
Ubisoft (Assassin's Creed franchise; Tom Clancy's The Division / H.A.W.X / Ghost Recon series; IL-2 Sturmovik)

At the moment, those are what I can remember playing over the last few years. I also had some spare time to replay some of games from BioShock, Crysis, Metro 2033, Portal, CoH, C&C, Final Fantasy, Zelda series and many many others, but unfortunately I couldn't find many intersections between those games in terms of developers... Besides, I don't have much free time to enjoy both newer and older games due to my newly 'reinforced' university schedule. :cry: Anyway, that's all I can think of right now...

Personally I never really had my own favourite game developers or publishers, and I didn't had much chance to try out many new games this year for being too busy. But I know some people (at least some of my die-hard gamer friends do) grow 'loyalty' to their favourite video game development companies, so I was just curious if there are any gamers here who have a personal mindset of "I trust and proudly buy everything from a video game developer/publisher X", and why. :P
;----------------------------------------------------------
;
; Vielleicht der niedlichste Hubi, Knuddel.
;

Personal Declaration: I always use different usernames across different websites. Hence if you ever see my username is being used outside of Stoudson Corporation, I absolutely have no affiliation whatsoever with that!

Ormu
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Re: Favourite video game developers/publishers?

Post by Ormu » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:23 am

Hard to tell any definite favorites but based on the games I have played, I'd say Epic Games (Unreal series) and Microsoft (UA as well as Age of Empires series and now also Minecraft) would probably be my favorite developers/publishers.
Matthew Lever wrote:Take out Ormus as soon as you see them.
UA community Discord channel: https://discord.gg/7H4dFQH
Not all Ormus are mine. When in doubt, please ask...

CharlotteLabyrinth
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by CharlotteLabyrinth » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:38 pm

Ormu wrote:Hard to tell any definite favorites but based on the games I have played, I'd say Epic Games (Unreal series) and Microsoft (UA as well as Age of Empires series and now also Minecraft) would probably be my favorite developers/publishers.
Age of Empires series are cool. I used to play them since I was very young, and enjoyed some matches (mostly on AoC and AoM:TT) on multiplayer every now and then until I went to Gymnasium. :P But I really haven't got a chance to play any AoE games in recent years. Although I do still play Minecraft (one of the best games ever!) occasionally in singleplayer or with a small group of my friends in our own private servers. :mrgreen:

I personally haven't played any games from Unreal series but I know they are very famous. I should try them out someday. For me, the only game I played that was produced by Epic Games was Shadow Complex Remastered I think...
;
;

Personal Declaration: I always use different usernames across different websites. Hence if you ever see my username is being used outside of Stoudson Corporation, I absolutely have no affiliation whatsoever with that!

Zidane
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Zidane » Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:08 am

Arenanet with a revolutionary MMO Guild Wars 2.
合体! ライオカイザー

CharlotteLabyrinth
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by CharlotteLabyrinth » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:08 pm

Zidane wrote:Arenanet with a revolutionary MMO Guild Wars 2.
Good to know. :D It is the first time I've heard of the developers called ArenaNet, but I've heard about the Guild Wars series from here and there. Especially Guild Wars 2 with its critically acclaimed receptions from many different sites.

Well, admittedly I don't have much experience with MMOs. :P Out of hundreds of video games I played only a handful of them would be considered 'true' MMO games, and all of them with a Space/SF theme... (Ascent:TSG and Eve Online comes to my mind right now)
;
;

Zidane
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Zidane » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:29 pm

CharlotteLabyrinth wrote:
Good to know. :D It is the first time I've heard of the developers called ArenaNet, but I've heard about the Guild Wars series from here and there. Especially Guild Wars 2 with its critically acclaimed receptions from many different sites.

Well, admittedly I don't have much experience with MMOs. :P Out of hundreds of video games I played only a handful of them would be considered 'true' MMO games, and all of them with a Space/SF theme... (Ascent:TSG and Eve Online comes to my mind right now)
GW2 is the best mmo because no grind, no free pvp, content does not become obsolete, friendly players because no competition. Many good things like jumping puzzles, awards for all, dynamic events and many-many other things. And yes, now you can try to play for free in infinity "trial" with some little limitations like default number of inventory bags, number of character slots and trade limitations. All of vanilla content are available for exploring :3
合体! ライオカイザー

CharlotteLabyrinth
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by CharlotteLabyrinth » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:04 pm

Zidane wrote:

GW2 is the best mmo because no grind, no free pvp, content does not become obsolete, friendly players because no competition. Many good things like jumping puzzles, awards for all, dynamic events and many-many other things. And yes, now you can try to play for free in infinity "trial" with some little limitations like default number of inventory bags, number of character slots and trade limitations. All of vanilla content are available for exploring :3
:o Wow, that's really amazing! It sounds like the game perfectly resolves some of the most chronic problems that are present in a majority of MMO games out there. (Especially, I'm not very fond of the repetitive grinding/farming process in some RPG games...)

That actually piqued my interest, I just searched up the game and it looks like the developers are also constantly releasing new contents with prompt bug fixes. Not many game developers are so diligent like that, I will definitely have to keep this one in mind.
;
;

LloydJara
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by LloydJara » Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:21 pm

Uh.. Nintendo (Mostly Mario and Zelda tho i like other content as well), Microsoft (Age of Empires and UA), Konami (mainly PES, same case as Nintendo), Nadeo (Trackmania), Team17 (Worms).. and some unknown and defunct game developers.
UA Frontier: The Return of The Resistance Mod - Currently on Hiatus
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Slow but Deadly.. We are the Taerkastens

CharlotteLabyrinth
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by CharlotteLabyrinth » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:43 pm

LloydJara wrote:Uh.. Nintendo (Mostly Mario and Zelda tho i like other content as well), Microsoft (Age of Empires and UA), Konami (mainly PES, same case as Nintendo), Nadeo (Trackmania), Team17 (Worms).. and some unknown and defunct game developers.
That's interesting! I'm also quite fond of TrackMania series as well, although I've only played Stadium and Turbo so far. :)

At the same time, am I now safe to assume that most of us are quite familiar with retro games? In my humble opinion, I think the best games were released around late 90s to late-noughties. I'm still very nostalgic towards old Microsoft games and wish that TerraTools(RadonLabs) was still alive.
;
;

LloydJara
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by LloydJara » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:43 am

Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:43 pm
LloydJara wrote:Uh.. Nintendo (Mostly Mario and Zelda tho i like other content as well), Microsoft (Age of Empires and UA), Konami (mainly PES, same case as Nintendo), Nadeo (Trackmania), Team17 (Worms).. and some unknown and defunct game developers.
That's interesting! I'm also quite fond of TrackMania series as well, although I've only played Stadium and Turbo so far. :)

At the same time, am I now safe to assume that most of us are quite familiar with retro games? In my humble opinion, I think the best games were released around late 90s to late-noughties. I'm still very nostalgic towards old Microsoft games and wish that TerraTools(RadonLabs) was still alive.
Yes, some 90' games are simply awesome.. but they were underated by the people and like UA, have a small community of less than 100 or even 50 players still playing certaing games.+

Sorry for the bump :(
UA Frontier: The Return of The Resistance Mod - Currently on Hiatus
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Slow but Deadly.. We are the Taerkastens