Sky Glitch

Request some UA artwork/screenshots or display yours here.
CharlotteLabyrinth
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Sky Glitch

Post by CharlotteLabyrinth » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:12 am

One day, I was testing in my own empty level to discover and analyze the A.I's behaviour.
I was on a Ghorkov side with 2 of another friendly Host Stations(Skorpio), the other playmate was Taerkasten with 2 of their Flying Fortress.
When the level starts, there was nothing really strange at there. And both factions are started to fight each other at the middle of battlefield.
I didn't do anything like such as creating vehicles or buildings, just sit back in my comfortable Host Station and see what is happening on the map.

While the war is getting intense even more, then suddenly my computer got a massive lag without any reason for a 5 seconds.
When the lag is gone there was no sky or ground anymore! The sky and ground has been just disappeared and, few second later,
this strange thing appeared.

Those texture has been appeared in the sky which were instead of normal sky. The level's original setting for sky was NACHT2.base
I was really surprised and have no clue about this. Does anyone really knows about this weird bug?
After that, I was not able to experience exact same bug anymore.

Urban Assault engine is somehow very interesting...
Attachments
Celestial_Glitch.PNG
Sky Texture Glitch
Celestial_Glitch.PNG (461.34 KiB) Viewed 1089 times
Last edited by CharlotteLabyrinth on Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
;----------------------------------------------------------
;
; Vielleicht der niedlichste Hubi, Knuddel.
;

Personal Declaration: I always use different usernames across different websites. Hence if you ever see my username is being used outside of Stoudson Corporation, I absolutely have no affiliation whatsoever with that!

Ormu
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Re: Sky Glitch?

Post by Ormu » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:38 am

Lol, that looks really, really weird... Did you modify any of the texture/model files?

The graphics engine overloading is quite common when there are lots of units (>100) in a small area, and the ground textures disappear when you look at these units, but I've never seen anything like this.

Also, sometimes units are spawned below ground and you can see other units floating above you for a short time (this can also be accomplished by creating a faulty sector model), but again those textures shouldn't appear anywhere.
Matthew Lever wrote:Take out Ormus as soon as you see them.
UA community Discord channel: https://discord.gg/7H4dFQH
Not all Ormus are mine. When in doubt, please ask...

CharlotteLabyrinth
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by CharlotteLabyrinth » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:24 pm

Hm... actually I didn't modified any kind of texture/model files.
This just seems very irregular situation.
(It would be fun if we can induce this error deliberately.)
;
;

Personal Declaration: I always use different usernames across different websites. Hence if you ever see my username is being used outside of Stoudson Corporation, I absolutely have no affiliation whatsoever with that!

Ormu
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Ormu » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:56 pm

That's probably just a bug in UA executable. An error in the level file may also cause this but I think it's unlikely...
Matthew Lever wrote:Take out Ormus as soon as you see them.
UA community Discord channel: https://discord.gg/7H4dFQH
Not all Ormus are mine. When in doubt, please ask...

MarcOlle
Bugged Ostwind?
Bugged Ostwind?

Post by MarcOlle » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:06 pm

WOW! Crazy Bug!

Well, I know that when there's a lot of units in the same place, when you look for them all, the world's texture will disappear. It just occured one time because of the AI, the other times was by myself...
But it nevers cause me lag, probably the game trying to load the texture for the units load it on the sky, because of the lag...

Very weird... If you could do this again and with a video to show how do that, would be amazing!
Trying to do a comeback...
://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd333/pete_kaboom/SulgogarsUB2.png[/img]
________________________________________________________________________________________
Fra6160 at 29/Apr/2009 wrote:In 2011 we'll discover the plasma creation :D
And still we have not discovered the plasma creation...

CharlotteLabyrinth
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by CharlotteLabyrinth » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:15 am

Ormu wrote:That's probably just a bug in UA executable. An error in the level file may also cause this but I think it's unlikely...
I agree with you. Level files doesn't occur bug like this since they just crash the game instantly when there is problem exist in level files.
MarcOlle wrote:WOW! Crazy Bug!

Well, I know that when there's a lot of units in the same place, when you look for them all, the world's texture will disappear. It just occured one time because of the AI, the other times was by myself...
But it nevers cause me lag, probably the game trying to load the texture for the units load it on the sky, because of the lag...

Very weird... If you could do this again and with a video to show how do that, would be amazing!
Yes, I also would really like to show people about this bug with video If possible.
It is such a funny thing that how computer gets confused by unit textures between sky textures.
;
;