UA Book written by ME! :D

Urban Assault has a very interesting plotline, but it is usually hidden from the players. Discuss the rich story of UA here, or write your own fan fiction and display it here!
Thomas Fredson
Emperor of the Mykonians (Veteran)

Re: UA Book written by ME! :D

Post by Thomas Fredson » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:31 pm

Brachy just said it...
://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd333/pete_kaboom/MykoniansUB1.png[/img]
://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd333/pete_kaboom/MykoniansUB2.png[/img]
://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t318/Al-Khabir/UrbanAssaultSig4.gif[/img]

Also administrator of UAFr Board

The Big Mistake album in progress! (ABORTED)

superbob1998
Turantul 2 Skorpio (Global Moderator)

Post by superbob1998 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:44 am

Uhhhh..... Where would I post non-related UA stories? Would I post them in General Chat? It's the only place I can think of...... Besides Drones.... O.O

://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd472/superbob1998/GhorkovBanner.jpg[/img]
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
MS Paint skills are off the charts.

superbob1998

Post by superbob1998 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:17 pm

I found the book..... I found it..... The thing is, I reread it, and it is some of my early works, so it is not the best. I think I might start a new topic for my unfinished book.

The book ends in the beginning of one of the chapters. The chapters are short, and are not the best when it comes to being well written.

I wrote it a while ago. If you like my amateur writing..... Then that is great! ;)

://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd472/superbob1998/GhorkovBanner.jpg[/img]
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
MS Paint skills are off the charts.

Sandremo
Zeppelin
Zeppelin

Post by Sandremo » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:03 pm

According to the finnish version of the wikipedia: "Urban assault is considered abandonware because the game has lost all of it's "support" and isn't being develobed officially. but it's good to remember that the copyrights are still "intact" (if you can use that word)" Meaning technicly it isn't abandonware but it still is abandonware... WTF!? Could be that it's a fact or the finnish version is outdated.

Thomas Fredson

Post by Thomas Fredson » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:32 pm

I'll google Abandonware to see what's exactly the point of it! ;)

Sandremo
Zeppelin
Zeppelin

Post by Sandremo » Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:27 pm

Abandonware = Abandonware are discontinued products for which no product support is available, or whose copyright ownership may be unclear for various reasons.

Cant get anymore than that today... wikipedia is down for 24 hours for:

"Imagine a World
Without Free Knowledge
For over a decade, we have spent millions of hours building the largest encyclopedia in human history. Right now, the U.S. Congress is considering legislation that could fatally damage the free and open Internet. For 24 hours, to raise awareness, we are blacking out Wikipedia."

... Great! No offence to any american people in thease forums but.. why do americans have a way of destroying everything!!?!? D: I'm not talking about the average US citizen but the so called "Big shots" in the congress or what ever debating about should the greatest technological invention of mankind be annihilated or not? JESUS!

PS. May god help us all... I'll pray that this thing doesn't happen...

Thomas Fredson

Post by Thomas Fredson » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:43 pm

SOPA knows it all!

Edward Fox
Slime Lord
Slime Lord

Post by Edward Fox » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:08 am

Sandremo wrote:
... Great! No offence to any american people in thease forums but.. why do americans have a way of destroying everything!!?!? D: I'm not talking about the average US citizen but the so called "Big shots" in the congress or what ever debating about should the greatest technological invention of mankind be annihilated or not? JESUS!
Actually this is a bit of an overreaction from the tech-heads in Silicon Valley. The real problem with SOPA and PIPA is that they would force the burden of enforcement onto internet providers and away from the Department of Justice, thus driving up the cost of internet use.

Censorship is not an issue unless your site is engaged in explicitly violating copyright. Considering how Wikipedia has always explicitly agreed to conform to copyright laws this should not be an issue. Youtube regularly tears down music and videos posted without permission from copyright holders.
]http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd33 ... nceUB1.png[/img]

]http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd33 ... ensUB2.png[/img]

I have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal savior. If you have too and you aren't afraid to say it, copy and paste this into your signature.

MarioSDU6/SDU7
Slime Lord
Slime Lord

Post by MarioSDU6/SDU7 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:47 am

Edward Fox wrote:
Sandremo wrote:
Actually this is a bit of an overreaction from the tech-heads in Silicon Valley. The real problem with SOPA and PIPA is that they would force the burden of enforcement onto internet providers and away from the Department of Justice, thus driving up the cost of internet use.

Censorship is not an issue unless your site is engaged in explicitly violating copyright. Considering how Wikipedia has always explicitly agreed to conform to copyright laws this should not be an issue. Youtube regularly tears down music and videos posted without permission from copyright holders.
Yeah, besides, the music is art and entertainment, not money or fame. But yeah, this is a real Myko-like problem, although they'll eventually stop doing that since this is NOT the apocalypse as Mayans erroneously said. These SOPA and PIPA things should be the Mykonians (only an UA supposition), while we are the terran factions all against the Mykos.
Intense Mod progress (it includes tests):
Resistance 100% done
Demo version uncertain fate
New Ghorkov and Taerkasten 100% done

Factions of choice: Resistance, Ghorkovs, Taerkastens

Brachy UA FREAK
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Brachy UA FREAK » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:19 pm

If a giant company like EXXON or chevron has some pesky little environmental NGO's versus it it can say: Greenpeace violates copyright law when making a parody of their dirty oil business. The provider can A: turn it down immediatly or really search for something reasonable...

Anyways SOPA AND PIPA ARE BULLSHIT and wikipedia and several other big website don't go offline for minor reasons ...
GET YOUR HANDS OFF FROM THAT PARASITE!
Or
I LL QUADDA YOU

://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd333/pete_kaboom/MykoniansUB1.png
://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd333/pete_kaboom/X01-Quadda.gif

Myko Mod [MID] back alive after long hiatus!