My attempt at a Black Sect mission briefing.

Urban Assault has a very interesting plotline, but it is usually hidden from the players. Discuss the rich story of UA here, or write your own fan fiction and display it here!
Doomfrost
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

My attempt at a Black Sect mission briefing.

Post by Doomfrost » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:04 am

Hey guys tell me what you think, if I ever plan on doing a mod, it's definitely going to be about the Black Sect. Plus I wanted to put a dark side to the Resistance. :twisted:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"There is no good side in war, regardless of what your side want's you to think." - General Octavian Flores

Sectnet: Welcome Captain, it pleases all of us that you've finally decided to join our side. No doubt you showed hesitance, it isn't easy for anyone to leave their faction, many of us were in your same position. You join not a faction but an alliance of factions, many of us come from different paths, all opposed to the global conflict that has infected Earth. Your missions will not be the same conquer and destroy as it was when you were fighting for your side, instead your missions will require you to conduct espionage or sabotage operations and beaming out once all objectives have been completed. We can't assure you that you'll have easy access to a nearby power source so you'll have to conserve what energy you can and make every created vehicle count. At least with stealth technology you shouldn't have any trouble remaining unseen and the Anvil class vessel you'll be commanding should have sufficient armament to repel any enemies that come your way. Our greatest strength is our people, and the more people that join the stronger we'll be.

The Pros and Cons of the Resistance.

The Resistance is where we started, SDU1 sacrificed herself for our cause, she was able to break through the mental chains that was holding her loyalties to her faction but cost her life in the end. After she defected to the Black Sect, the Resistance, despite our efforts was able to shut her life support systems down ending her life. Luckily we were able to terminate the uplink before they could send a self destruct command to their prototype host station. One thing to know about the Resistance and why they're strong is their physical grafting into their host stations, once you've become wired into a host station there is no going back, though your brain gets increased mental acuity you slowly start to lose your sanity and grow physically weaker with each passing day . It took many SDU's before they were able to create one with a long enough life span to actually be useful (SDU7 was the longest lasting of them all followed by SDU6), but even the longest lasting will eventually die, leaving nothing but a floating coffin.

So what's the con you may ask, what's one life if it saves countless others? We would agree with you if not for the fact that the countless others are being forced to uplink through every created vehicle in order to pilot them, there is no AI piloting vehicles, it's a lie, instead humans that are driving the tanks and flying the aircraft. Often tales of people disappearing has been attributed to the their enemies capturing them, but in all truth most of the time it's the Resistance. Each time a human VPS's (virtual precence shifts) into a vehicle it slowly destroys their neural pathways eventually turning them into a husk, we have evidence if you wish to see for yourself. It also doesn't help if they're forcibly ejected by the SDU when it takes over either.

It is why our Anvil class host stations have been modified to be crewed by hundreds of people. Through our acquisition of technology we have been able to perfect VPS systems to give the same benefit a host gets when they're wired into a host station without suffering adverse side effects. Your crew will use these systems and you if you so chose. Feel free to walk around the ship and get familiar with the crew and the systems later if you want.

Anyways I'll let your commander fill you with the details of your first mission.

Commander Alexandar: Greetings sir, it's an honor. I've heard about your career and look forward to our future engagements. As you know the Black Sect relies on stealth and information to stay alive, unfortunately the stealth systems on our ship aren't completed yet and we lack the parts to get them operational. This is where our mission comes in. Our sources have located a research center in a city occupied by Resistance forces. One of the scientists there is one of ours and has told us that the Resistance has started working on stealth technology again. Capturing this building is our highest prioity and will not only get our stealth systems operational but would also prevent the Resistance getting stealth technology of their own. Unfortunately we're not the only ones in this area that want this stealth technology, as our scouts have picked up Mykonian ground cubes in the area though we've been unable to locate their host station; judging by their patrol patterns though they should be northeast from where we're inserting. We're all ready when you are Sir.

Sectnet: One more thing Captain, we acquire new technology through tapping into enemy power stations and picking up the residual energy signatures left behind. Though we don't recommend staying longer than needed, should you feel we need a particular vehicle or building we'll let you exercise discretion in this matter. Good luck.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading. :)
Pulse of life.

CuSToM_94
Dragonfly
Dragonfly

Re: My attempt at a Black Sect mission briefing.

Post by CuSToM_94 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:20 pm

looks very interesting
i wish if there was a movie made by the brefiengs of the game
it would be great

Brachy UA FREAK
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Brachy UA FREAK » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:37 am

Well I think no because its not more than a bit of talking and some mechanical impulses SDU7 gets from central AI
GET YOUR HANDS OFF FROM THAT PARASITE!
Or
I LL QUADDA YOU

://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd333/pete_kaboom/MykoniansUB1.png
://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd333/pete_kaboom/X01-Quadda.gif

Myko Mod [MID] back alive after long hiatus!

CuSToM_94
Dragonfly
Dragonfly

Post by CuSToM_94 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:59 pm

the can take the story and modify it " not hard at all "

Doomfrost
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Doomfrost » Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:07 pm

What needs modifying?
Pulse of life.

CuSToM_94
Dragonfly
Dragonfly

Post by CuSToM_94 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:27 pm

i didn't mean something specific
all i mean is that if there is anyone who wants to make a video based on the story of the game he can take the idea of story form the briefings and write his own scenario which is based on the story of the game
then make a movie or a series

CharlotteLabyrinth
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by CharlotteLabyrinth » Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:20 am

Very nice storyline developing and especially I liked the part where you represented that
the Host Station itself will weaken and eventually 'swallow' their master.

However, I'm not really considering on it though, but since the UA has basis story with a strict environmental concept of
'There were so few humans left in the years following The Big Mistake. Humans were too precious to send into battle so we created the Host Station.',
I wouldn't say that the vehicles are actually requires individual humans in it. Lots of briefing text and quotes from training video claims definite
presence of robotic components in vehicles. And simply I believe no human being can exist at the inside of any condition of plasma formation.

But still the precise distinction between of it wasn't made yet simply because what I read from the storybook claims that in the UA world, the machines are no more direct subordinate components that belongs to human interface. Among the development of higher AI from the scientific researchers, they(machines) have established their own society as well, and even the humanity has approved their independent existence apart from the working slaves.

When the humans get involved in various kind of trouble, the machines were decided to help them via control system of the Host Station. However this portion of fact is not really exposed in UA storyline directly from the game.

We are not utilizing those machines to save our world.
Those machines are sacrificing themselves to help the humans.
- That is what I got from there.

Nonetheless, your storyline and writing skill is very good for me. :D
Additional interaction between other members from the faction will be much more interesting
since the Black Sects are full of egoistic defectors from all over the place.
;----------------------------------------------------------
;
; Vielleicht der niedlichste Hubi, Knuddel.
;

Personal Declaration: I always use different usernames across different websites. Hence if you ever see my username is being used outside of Stoudson Corporation, I absolutely have no affiliation whatsoever with that!

Doomfrost
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Doomfrost » Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:07 am

CharlotteLabyrinth wrote: However, I'm not really considering on it though, but since the UA has basis story with a strict environmental concept of
'There were so few humans left in the years following The Big Mistake. Humans were too precious to send into battle so we created the Host Station.',
I wouldn't say that the vehicles are actually requires individual humans in it. Lots of briefing text and quotes from training video claims definite
presence of robotic components in vehicles. And simply I believe no human being can exist at the inside of any condition of plasma formation.
I meant piloted remotely, the same way you drive vehicles by taking control of them virtually from your host station. I'm just trying to get some
Black Sect propaganda going. ;)
Pulse of life.

CharlotteLabyrinth
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by CharlotteLabyrinth » Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:10 pm

Assuming that I didn't read it correctly... Late apology about my misunderstanding. :)
;
; Vielleicht der niedlichste Hubi, Knuddel.
;

Personal Declaration: I always use different usernames across different websites. Hence if you ever see my username is being used outside of Stoudson Corporation, I absolutely have no affiliation whatsoever with that!

fabriciovic2
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by fabriciovic2 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:59 pm

It was amazing briefing,octavian"octávio" flores was a friend of mine,we are from same military school in Florida,he graduates in technology and i was sended to intelligence,psi ops and paranormal warfare(sorry im kidding,except about military formation i was a former liutenant from n.p.o.r,army here in brazil). it Was a kind of untold part of the Ua history,but it makes sense,kind of episode zero,good work.