An Amateur UA Story by Myself

Urban Assault has a very interesting plotline, but it is usually hidden from the players. Discuss the rich story of UA here, or write your own fan fiction and display it here!
superbob1998
Turantul 2 Skorpio (Global Moderator)

An Amateur UA Story by Myself

Post by superbob1998 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:37 pm

The title says it all.

I made a post a while back talking about me working on it, but I lost the book and progress stopped. I found the book once again a few weeks ago.

If you like these few short chapters, well, good for you! I don't know if I will ever continue writing it because right now I am working on a new book.

So, here is the book.

"Taking one step out of boundaries didn't seem like much, but if your enemies see you, your toast."
-General Waybacker- 2018

----------------------------------

Chapter 1: Family, No Family

I AM RESISTANCE. Those words still go through my head.

My name is Samuel Henderson. I live in the dome of New Samilings. It is very difficult living here. Almost everyday there is a water shortage because of the broken
Evap-ator. It takes the moisture from the air and cleanses it. The moisture is then concentrated and thus making water.

The dome is old and many people have died of radiation poisoning. Level 6 of the dome is full of radiation. Luckily, I live on Level 4.

My mother and father lived on Level 6. They were not killed by radiation, but by the air raid from the Kovs that almost destroyed Level 6.

My brother lives on Level 8. He was going to be taken for the Hoststation project, but he hid from the Resistance. He used to live in the dome of Decent, about 400 miles from here. He never told me how he managed to get here. Sadly, he is now being hunted by Resistance officials. Everyone here likes him, though. That means he's safe, for now.

My sister is a lot different from the rest of my family. She found a nearly destroyed Falcon about 2 miles out. She traveled there in her radiation safe vehicle, called the ROver. She brought back the Falcon and fixed it up. The A.I. chip set was laready destroyed and was no longer in it so it was easier for her to fix it.

My sister's name is Samantha, but we always call her Jet.

Awhile back, Jet flew her new Falcon outside of the dome protection turrets. She just kept flying, and flying, and flying. Then a Ghorkov brigade of Yings came out of no where and were on her tail. Since she removed the weapon systems while fixing the Falcon, she couldn't fire. Jet flew as fast as she could to the dome. She landed and got out, while the Yings were destroyed by the protection turrets. Jet wasn't wearing any radiation protection, so she rushed into the dome. She got in and she was staralized by the cleansing machines. Barely being able to breath, she made a small yelp for help. Paramedics came as soon as she blacked out.

I went to her bed in the Medical Center and sat there until she woke up.

When her eyes started to open up, I was relieved. Jet only suffered from minor radiation poisoning. She then told me everything I told you.

That is my family, or what's left of it.

Today is Monday, and I hate Mondays. Usually on Mondays, I go and get a week supply of water. As I was heading down to the Water Station, I saw engineers panicing. Then I asked, "Hey, what's going on here?"

An engineer replyed, "The Evap-ator stopped working!"

"How are we going to get water?" I asked.

"I'm not to sure," said the engineer, "But we still have enough water for everyone to last about a week."

"Can I do anything to help?"

"Sure, just go to head command on Level 10. They might be able to get some supplies from the beam gate up north."

"Okay, I'll go see."

"Come back when you are done to tell us if they can."

"Okay," I confirmed.

I went to the sonic lift and entered the code for Level 10. I entered in, "YGSTLVL-10." The codes are slightly complex so that if an enemy gets in, they will have trouble moving.

The sonic lift came to a stop and the door opened. The only welcome I got was two guards pointing guns at my head. I showed them my I.D. and they let me in.

As I approached the head of command, I yelled this, " The Evap-ator has stopped working!"

-----------------------------------

CHAPTER 2: Water Doesn't Wait

I gulped, then the man said, "What?"

"I meant what I said, I didn't lie," I replied.

He asked, "Do the engineers need anything?"

"Yes," I continued, "THey are wondering if you can manage to get some supplies from the beam gate."

"Yeah, we probably could, but who will go out there and get it? WE don't have anything to use." He said.

"Wait, I have an idea!" I said in confidence.

"What?"

"I am Samuel Hnderson."

"Yes," he said impatiently, "Go on!"

"My sister is Samantha Henderson."

"And your borther is John, I know."

"My sister made the Rover!"

"What is the Rover?"

"It is a Radiation Resistant Cargo Vehicle."

"Do you think you can drive it out there?"

"ME?"

"And does it have any weapons equipped on it?"

"Uh, no there isn't."

"Well you kmnow if there isn't, the Kovs will take you down easily."

"I know. Are there any companion vehicles I can use?"

"All we have is a data Wasp."

"That will have to do."

" I will activate then reporgram the A.I. to protect you."

"does it have weapons?"

"Yeah, duel shot missles and a heavy machine gun I got from a Dragon Fly."

"Good."

"Good luck," he reassured me.

"Yeah, I'll need it," I said with a downed voice.

Then the head quickly said, "Wait! Here is an ear piece. I will be able to talk to you through it."

He gave me the ear piece ande I put it in my ear. He then tested it. He said, "Hello? Do you hear me?"

"Well, I am standing right next to you," I said.

"Oh, he replied, "Go over there."

"Where?" I asked.

"By the A.I. Command Station." He replied.

I ran across the large room and through a door to the A.I. Command Station.

"Can ya here me now?" The Head asked.

"Loud and clear," I said, "Over."

"Okay, also you don't have to say over, over," he replied with a chuckle.

I rolled my eyes and said, "Okay, now I need to go and meet with my sister. I am shutting the ear piece off now."

"Roger that, over," he said.

I shut off the ear piece and left the A.I. Command Station. I walked into the sonic lift and entered the code for Level 7, where the Water Station was. I put in my I.D. card into a slot and entered, "LEVEL-7." You can do that for almost every level except for Level 10.

I exited the sonic lift and walkied over to the engineer I talked to. I then told him, "Hey, I went to the Head Command."

"What did they say?" he asked.

"They will be able to get the supplies from the beam gate," I told him.

"Oh goodie! But how are you going to get it? Or how am I going to get it?" He asked.

"Well," I continued, "You don't have to go anywhere, I will be getting it."

"How?" he asked.

"With my sister's Rover." I replied. I ran off to the sonic lift before he could reply. My sister lived on Level 2, but she is still at the Medical Center. The Medical Center is on Level 1. I put my I.D. Card in, entered the code and waited.

I arrived at the Medical Center and rushed to Room 3-B. I opened the curtain and ran towards my sister and yelled, "Where is the Rover?"

Then she said lightly, "What do you mean?"

"I mean, the Rover." I said impatiently.

"Oh," she started, "The Rover is in the Cargo Bay at Level 1. to get into my vehicle, you will need my I.D. Card, or the keys."

"Well, you need your I.D. Card, so where are your keys?" I asked.

"They are in my room on Level 2," she then coughed, "If you want in, just enter in the code '000019' and you will get in," she said.

"Okay, I will go now." I stated.

"Thanks for stating the obvious," she said sarcastically.

-----------------------------

While I was in the sonic lift, I thought to myself, AM IS REALLY DOING THIS? I am going out to where the Kovs can get me! Should I do this?

I then realized that it was to late to back down.

I heard the sonic lift come to a stop. I assumed that I am on Level 2 now. I opened the door only to find that I was on Level 6.

-----------------------------------

There is more to that story, but only a few more chapters.

If you liked those 2 chapters, then you should like the others. There isn't really that many.

Later, I will post them. Tell me what you thought of it in the comments! :mrgreen:

://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd472/superbob1998/GhorkovBanner.jpg[/img]
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
MS Paint skills are off the charts.

Sandremo
Zeppelin
Zeppelin

Re: An Amateur UA Story by Myself

Post by Sandremo » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:58 pm

Quite interesting actually... minor er... "grammar" mistakes here and there but nothing too serious... I like the sarcasm though. XD

superbob1998

Post by superbob1998 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:08 pm

I didn't check to much for grammar mistakes. I just looked at the copy and started typing and checked the grammar every once in a while. Did you like it though? I wrote it quite long ago.

Sandremo
Zeppelin
Zeppelin

Post by Sandremo » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:13 pm

It was quite interesting actually.. though 1 thing i have to point out is that i think there are too many "conversations" between people OR the conversations are too long... To be honest i'm more interested in the story itself instead of listening to 2 guys talking crap... that's my personal opinion though.

Roland985
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Roland985 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:31 am

Nah the dialogue is a huge part. But I keep them no more than 5 sentences each.

Thomas Fredson
Emperor of the Mykonians (Veteran)
Emperor of the Mykonians (Veteran)

Post by Thomas Fredson » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:35 pm

It's a good thing dude! Keep on updating! And as my boardmates stated, just try to go to the essential point in your dialogues. Try to find a balance between "normal" dialogues and keywords to understand the whole story ;)
://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd333/pete_kaboom/MykoniansUB1.png[/img]
://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd333/pete_kaboom/MykoniansUB2.png[/img]
://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t318/Al-Khabir/UrbanAssaultSig4.gif[/img]

Also administrator of UAFr Board

The Big Mistake album in progress! (ABORTED)

superbob1998

Post by superbob1998 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:22 am

I wrote this a while ago.... My writing skills have improved for my new story, but it is not UA related.

This story has a lot of dialogue, and I know it. Communication is Key! :lol:

This unfinished story is not my favorite story I have written, but if you guys liked it, I am willing to post the next 3 chapters.

Chapter 5 is not even closed to being finished, though. If I do want to continue this story, I will probably have to redo and revise it. It seems a bit to amateur.

Shaboom! Enjoy the story and express your opinions! The more the better! I am not going to post the other chapters right now, but, have fun reading what I already posted. :D

Sandremo
Zeppelin
Zeppelin

Post by Sandremo » Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:16 pm

HEY! i didn't say it's a horribly bad thing! I just said that i didn't like it myself! That doesn't mean you need to annihilate the whole story because of it.

superbob1998

Post by superbob1998 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:37 am

Sandremo wrote:HEY! i didn't say it's a horribly bad thing! I just said that i didn't like it myself! That doesn't mean you need to annihilate the whole story because of it.

No! That's not it.... I started to write it a year or more ago and I stopped. I'm working on a new project now, but if I have the time later, I might continue it, or just start some strange new perspective on the UA story like how I have done with the Halo Story Line after Halo 3, completely ignoring Halo 4. I might post about that later. :geek:

I think that I will post the other chapters later. There were only 4 chapters and a part of the 5th.

Aakkonen
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Aakkonen » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:44 pm

Nice story liked it, it reminded me of Metro 2033 :D Good story, keep posting more goodies. And btw, I lost my way in those lvls. so is that dome vertical or horizontal? I got the image of damn huge skyscraper lol anyways good short story! 8-)
The humanitys destiny is determined.