VBMP files

For those of us who are curious and like to poke around in the game's data files and scripts as well as glitching. Caters to anything from unit/building stats to level data to telling how to glitch and stories of game errors.
MarioSDU6/SDU7
Slime Lord
Slime Lord

Re: VBMP files

Post by MarioSDU6/SDU7 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:05 pm

GoldStar611 wrote:Wow, a whole new set? That's quite amazing. I would definitely be interested in seeing pictures of some of the changes you made to it (as well as knowing what set you started off with)
Here are the snapshots you asked, and sorry if the Image 1 has odd mykonized floor like if it were cut down or not placed propely, is that the game doesn't always catch and connect the mykonized floor properly...

Set 11, or Set 5 + 6:
Image 1

Image 2

Image 3

Image 4

Set 12, or Set 5 + 6 + 1 night version:

Image 1

Image 2

Image 3

By rule, i had to use the vehicle textures from Set 6 to the Set 11 vehicle textures, and the Set 3 textures to the Set 12 vehicle textures. Also, I used 2 new maps (not complete yet) to take those snapshots (the one with Set 11 was only a duplicate from the new level 48 named Pithole that uses Set 9 that is Mykonized Night), although once the Ghorkov Intense Mod gets complete (don't worry, it will come with a normal version to let everyone experiment with them before trying on Intense difficulty), I hope you can survive on that 1 sector wide level (that is rather far away, like on the Chukotka mountains, but if you didn't see the topic of the Upcoming project about those maps, it's just simple: L5959). XD
Intense Mod progress (it includes tests):
Resistance 100% done
Demo version uncertain fate
New Ghorkov and Taerkasten 100% done

Factions of choice: Resistance, Ghorkovs, Taerkastens

Thomas Fredson
Emperor of the Mykonians (Veteran)
Emperor of the Mykonians (Veteran)

Post by Thomas Fredson » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:17 am

Wow! nice!
Looks so much Mykonized!
I really love it! Good job mate!
://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd333/pete_kaboom/MykoniansUB1.png[/img]
://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd333/pete_kaboom/MykoniansUB2.png[/img]
://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t318/Al-Khabir/UrbanAssaultSig4.gif[/img]

Also administrator of UAFr Board

The Big Mistake album in progress! (ABORTED)

GoldStar611
BlackSect Creator
BlackSect Creator

Post by GoldStar611 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:43 am

I have to say that is a great job! It really looks like the ground has "grown" up the sides of the buildings. Makes the mykonian territory even creepier than before.

MarioSDU6/SDU7
Slime Lord
Slime Lord

Post by MarioSDU6/SDU7 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:02 am

GoldStar611 wrote:I have to say that is a great job! It really looks like the ground has "grown" up the sides of the buildings. Makes the mykonian territory even creepier than before.
Yeah, even I saw one part where I damaged the building from sector 116, both damaged parts showed some Mykonian textures! XD This makes sense since the Mykonians can also mykonize some non-house buildings from within, and not just only by outside. Also, I can't mykonize the Taerkasten houses without affecting the textures the Flying Fortress uses as the houses use the same texture than the Flying Fortress, and if I do that, the Taerkasten Station will look creepy and meaningless as they are mykonized along with the houses.
Resistance 100% done

Brachy UA FREAK
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Brachy UA FREAK » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:48 pm

ABSOLUTLEY AWESOME!!!!

lvoe it and woudl probably include your mykonized set for my mod if it wasn't so clsoe to being done ( 80%)
GET YOUR HANDS OFF FROM THAT PARASITE!
Or
I LL QUADDA YOU

://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd333/pete_kaboom/MykoniansUB1.png
://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd333/pete_kaboom/X01-Quadda.gif

Myko Mod [MID] back alive after long hiatus!

MarioSDU6/SDU7
Slime Lord
Slime Lord

Post by MarioSDU6/SDU7 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:52 pm

Brachy UA FREAK wrote:ABSOLUTLEY AWESOME!!!!

love it and woudl probably include your mykonized set for my mod if it wasn't so close to being done ( 80%)
XD Yeah. And do you like I give to you the sets for your Myko mod? I got them ready.

By the way, I did mykonized all terrain from Set 4, making it a new Set named Set 10 (or Set 4 + 6) where it's mykonized arctic. Here are some snapshots I took using the stage "Frozen Kamshadka", and it will be on a new level for the Ghorkov Intense Mod.

Image 1

Image 2

Image 3

Image 4

This made me think, but it's up to you guys... Do you like I make the stage "Frozen Kamshadka" mykonized (with Set 10) like on those snapshots, or do you prefer the original Set 4?
Resistance 100% done

Ormu
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Ormu » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:02 pm

MarioSDU6/SDU7 wrote: By the way, I did mykonized all terrain from Set 4, making it a new Set named Set 10 (or Set 4 + 6) where it's mykonized arctic. Here are some snapshots I took using the stage "Frozen Kamshadka", and it will be on a new level for the Ghorkov Intense Mod.

Image 1

Image 2

Image 3

Image 4

This made me think, but it's up to you guys... Do you like I make the stage "Frozen Kamshadka" mykonized (with Set 10) like on those snapshots, or do you prefer the original Set 4?
Nice, some of those myko-biovein textures look actually better than the original ones. :)
Matthew Lever wrote:Take out Ormus as soon as you see them.
Not all Ormus are mine. When in doubt, please ask...

Brachy UA FREAK
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Brachy UA FREAK » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:34 pm

awesome, so when are the sets done?

i would actually really liek ot include it
GET YOUR HANDS OFF FROM THAT PARASITE!
Or
I LL QUADDA YOU

://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd333/pete_kaboom/MykoniansUB1.png
://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd333/pete_kaboom/X01-Quadda.gif

Myko Mod [MID] back alive after long hiatus!

MarioSDU6/SDU7
Slime Lord
Slime Lord

Post by MarioSDU6/SDU7 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:16 pm

Brachy UA FREAK wrote:awesome, so when are the sets done?

i would actually really like ot include it
Well, in actuality, most sets had fixed textures such as the FAERROBO one, while I made 6 new sets (4 of them are the last and are mykonized). So yeah, here we do, I mean, here we go ;) :
Fixed sets and extra sets.zip

Set 7 and Set 8 have new sectors, and these new sectors are also available on set 2 and set 5, as well as set 11 and set 12. Set 9 is Set 6, but on night, therefore nicknamed Set 6+3, and Set 10 is Set 4 but mykonized. Unfortunately 3 of the new mykonian sets don't have the parasite as they were based off on Set 4 and set 5 respectively, and only Set 9 has the parasite as it was based off on Set 6 but fused with Set 3 night characteristics.

Also, if you like to make truly unique levels with better ease, use this zip archive:
Set list.zip
It contains 6 Notepad files about the original sets, but some of them are fully compatible with the new sets, in this case:
Set 2 readme: -> Set 2, Set 7.
Set 4 readme: -> Set 4, Set 10.
Set 5 readme: -> Set 5, Set 8, Set 11, Set 12.
Set 6 readme: -> Set 6, Set 9.
I hope you enjoy it Brachy! ;) And I hope it gets useful for you too guys while the Metropolis Dawn Intense mod is still on progress. EDIT: Interestingly, the Myko flaks on the ground also works on Set 9, Set 10, Set 11, and Set 12.
Ormu wrote:Nice, some of those myko-biovein textures look actually better than the original ones. :)
Yeah, but they are still looking like a little disconnected one to each other... XD But yeah, it's much like Set 6 now, since it also had somewhat disconnected cables to each other, although Set 10 doesn't have the parasite like Set 6 does.
Resistance 100% done

Ormu
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Ormu » Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:55 pm

Goldstar: I did some very quick experiments with the textures but the results were a bit strange as the textures got flipped. See this post: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=819&start=60#p11659

I'll do more experiments someday but do you know what could cause this? I think I did everything as you told.
Matthew Lever wrote:Take out Ormus as soon as you see them.
Not all Ormus are mine. When in doubt, please ask...