Any one know what the model files are

For those of us who are curious and like to poke around in the game's data files and scripts as well as glitching. Caters to anything from unit/building stats to level data to telling how to glitch and stories of game errors.
UrbanAce3
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Any one know what the model files are

Post by UrbanAce3 » Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:01 am

Does any one ?
Attachments
Project1.exe
GoldStar611: open a command prompt, CD to set directory, run project1.exe to extract textures
(7.3 KiB) Downloaded 11 times
uacnv.exe
GoldStar611: use uaconv.exe to convert VBMP to BMP files
(8.98 KiB) Downloaded 10 times
UrbanAce3~
:/i163.photobucket.com/albums/t318/Al-Khabir/UrbanAssaultSig7.gif[/img]
://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd333/pete_kaboom/SulgogarsUB2.png[/img]

GoldStar611
BlackSect Creator
BlackSect Creator

Re: Any one know what the model files are

Post by GoldStar611 » Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:14 pm

a collection of the custom skeleton files as seen in the .SKL files and standard ILBM files stripped of their headers from what I can tell and what we have been told throughout the years. We really need a programmer skilled in raster images/bitmaps to figure those out. I've tried somewhat with very little success. I uploaded a "speedy genesis zepplin create" movie on metropoilsdawn.com which shows a speedy wireframe in genesis but it's really a zepplin.

UrbanAce3
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by UrbanAce3 » Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:29 pm

Hm i thought those SKL files where them and i downloaded the program that is supposed to be able to open them no luck maybe it needs a plugin.
UrbanAce3~
:/i163.photobucket.com/albums/t318/Al-Khabir/UrbanAssaultSig7.gif[/img]
://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd333/pete_kaboom/SulgogarsUB2.png[/img]

GoldStar611
BlackSect Creator
BlackSect Creator

Post by GoldStar611 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:04 am

If anyone is interested in the BAS files still I found an interesting link about ILBM files on gamedev
http://files.metropolisdawn.com/Hacking ... 20ILBM.mht

GoldStar611
BlackSect Creator
BlackSect Creator

Post by GoldStar611 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:30 pm

Not to start a hype or anything, but I have found a clue to the .BAS file structure. The images in the BAS files are not standard ILBM files as I had though originally -- they are VBMP files as given away by the sginature inside the file (just open it up with a hex editor and see the VBMP signatures). So the key to unlocking these files?? There are two files in the DATA\MC2RES\REMAP folder called SHADERMP.ILB and TRACYRMP.ILB. The second is not an ILBM file at all but the SAME as SHADERMP.ILb "rempapped" as a VBMP. I beleive the reverse is possible to get the VBMP files out of the BAS files and "remap" them back to ILBM.
UA knows how to read the VBMP files so I copied and pasted the TRACYMP.ILB file over the BODEN2.ILBM file within the Set1\objects\set.bas file to make UA decode it for me. I have uploaded two files for your viewing pleasure.
Attachments
ShaderinXNView.JPG
ShaderMAP in ILBM form
ShaderinXNView.JPG (25.9 KiB) Viewed 2273 times
bodenReplacedasRemap.JPG
I replaced ground image with the tracy remap image
bodenReplacedasRemap.JPG (126.37 KiB) Viewed 2273 times

GoldStar611
BlackSect Creator
BlackSect Creator

Post by GoldStar611 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:02 am

Google returns nothing on VBMP, and my ASDG's manual makes no mention of them either. It would seem that the structure goes something like this:

Code: Select all

FORM 
	uWord Length
VBMP
HEAD
	uWord Length (alwayys 00,06)
	uWord Width
	uWord Height
	uWord Unknown (always 00)
BODY
	uWord Length
	...uncompressed data...
Now the body just happens to be 65536 bytes long. And the ShaderMP.ilb file is 256*256 in width and height. That would lead me to beleive that the VBMP file is uncompressed since 256*256 == 65536. Learning more about bitmaps would definitely help here.

GoldStar611
BlackSect Creator
BlackSect Creator

Post by GoldStar611 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:50 am

it seems that I will have the BAS files decoded in a shorter time span than I though. I created a new 256*256 at 24bits windows bitmap and pasted in the 65536 bytes over the generated data and this is what I get.. DEFINITE PROGRESS. You can *clearly* see the sectors and that they are the ground sectors (the original file name was boden1.ilbm and boden2.ilbm, boden in germam means ground). I will take a deeper look tomorrow, I'm happy with my successes for today
Attachments
somesuccess.JPG
somesuccess.JPG (49.15 KiB) Viewed 2270 times

GoldStar611
BlackSect Creator
BlackSect Creator

INSANE IN THE MEMBRANE!!!

Post by GoldStar611 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:26 am

like the title states I have a severe case of that now. The VBMP files are regular bitmaps only the information stored is top to bottom, not bottom to top in the standard windows bitmaps -- to correct this a flip on the vertical axis procedure is done with the evergreat mspaint program ;) Now all this is left is to copy the CMAP from the standard.pal file into RGB quads that windows uses. Its going to be a very long procedure to do by hand so I figure I will save that for the weekend and focus on school till then. Hope you guys like this picture of the converted FCITY1.ILBM file.
Attachments
insane in the membrane.bmp
insane in the membrane.bmp (65.02 KiB) Viewed 2245 times

GoldStar611
BlackSect Creator
BlackSect Creator

Post by GoldStar611 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:32 am

Ok so I copied and pasted the CMAP from standard.pal into an existing IFF file and saved it. I opened XNView and saved it as a windows BMP file. Opened the new BMP file and pasted the VBMP data into that and *BOOM* here are our textures

Feel free to download the set3.zip file and let me know what you think.
I am currently working on an assembly program to extract the VBMP textures out of the set.bas files and save them to individual files.
Attachments
SET3.zip
textures from set 3
(946.14 KiB) Downloaded 115 times
FCITY1.bmp
FCITY1.bmp (65.01 KiB) Viewed 2245 times

GoldStar611
BlackSect Creator
BlackSect Creator

Post by GoldStar611 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:32 pm

So I've got a bit of time on my hands and decided to get creative. I google imaged sky and copy and pasted a portion of an image I found into DATA\OBJECTS\wowb.bas (This is the file that L2525 aka Training I uses). Hope ya'll enjoy. I also think I understand the meaning of Beebox. We are enlosed in a box and anything outside that box is not drawn, any anything inside the box is dawn. It's also weird that I *just* noticed that the world/sky moves with you -- its fairly static actually.
Attachments
wowbstars.JPG
Somebody said it would be cool to have UA in space? I also wanted this to take place over a field
wowbstars.JPG (135.66 KiB) Viewed 2230 times
wowbnew.JPG
bad job of putting in a new sky
wowbnew.JPG (97.02 KiB) Viewed 2231 times