Score/stats calculation glitches/not being tracked in md campaign ghorkov side..

For those of us who are curious and like to poke around in the game's data files and scripts as well as glitching. Caters to anything from unit/building stats to level data to telling how to glitch and stories of game errors.
hrsr
Firefly
Firefly

Score/stats calculation glitches/not being tracked in md campaign ghorkov side..

Post by hrsr » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:45 pm

Hi,

playing the md campaign ( ghorkov ) :

after the mykonian encirclement the glitch is there THE SCORE calculation stops, basicly ALL player stats calculated @ debriefing stops...i can play the campaigns and finish them no problem ..but ALL stats stop being recorded from that point on...

seems to be a known issue
Last edited by hrsr on Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Ormu
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Re: Score/stats calculation stops in md expantion.

Post by Ormu » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:48 pm

I've noticed that the score counter doesn't always work properly, but I haven't really dug into it...

Does this always happen at the same point? Is there anything you have done before it starts to occur, such as saving the campaign?
Matthew Lever wrote:Take out Ormus as soon as you see them.
Not all Ormus are mine. When in doubt, please ask...

hrsr
Firefly
Firefly

Re: Score/stats calculation glitches/not being tracked in md campaign ghorkov side..

Post by hrsr » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:39 pm

score tracking breaks on ghorkov md campaign mykonian encirclment, always breaks at that also after that the score is glitched ( no more stats tracking ), but after some misions? it returns to normal...but then again it breaks randomly thereafter...meh.

glitches starts occuring after this and only after this mission L1414. ( for me anyway )
saving before this mission or 'not' saving the game at all before it makes no difference whatsoever even after the glitch occured or before.

also i tested starting the ghorkov campaign with the turantul II ( robo 177 not 176...) at first i thought the score tracking glitches out because the player gets a new robo ( host station ) after the mykonian encirclement ( the debriefing calls it promotion from turantul I to turantul II )...anyway...nope same glitch same place , after that mission, so there is that, somewhat gamebreaking but still iv completed the md campaign with ghorkovs.

**same glitch ( score gets glitched and never gets calculated after that ) happens on another mod New MD Intense/Normal ,same mission ( its called mykonian greater encirclement here it seems ) same glitched game afterwards.

CharlotteLabyrinth
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Re: Score/stats calculation glitches/not being tracked in md campaign ghorkov side..

Post by CharlotteLabyrinth » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:36 am

Hello hrsr, welcome to Stoudson Corporation!

The score miscalculation during campaign progresses of Metropolis Dawn expansion pack (technically Ua_xp.exe) is a well-known general issue. However, it is unclear what exactly causes this problem to occur. But I suppose it could be an inherent bug within Ua_xp.exe. Perhaps would it be possible for someone to debug the executable as a whole...?

Also if the problem persists, may I suggest using UA:Source for playing Metropolis Dawn? It is an open source re-implementation of the original Urban Assault engine by the forum member Zidane. I have not verified it myself, but since it uses its own native 'UA_Source.exe' to run the game (both original and expansion), the score miscalculation errors might not be present when played on UA:Source.
;----------------------------------------------------------
;
; Vielleicht der niedlichste Hubi, Knuddel.
;
;----------------------------------------------------------

Personal Declaration: I always use different usernames across different websites. Hence if you ever see my username is being used outside of Stoudson Corporation, I absolutely have no affiliation whatsoever with that!