Questions

For those of us who are curious and like to poke around in the game's data files and scripts as well as glitching. Caters to anything from unit/building stats to level data to telling how to glitch and stories of game errors.
CharlotteLabyrinth
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Re: Questions

Post by CharlotteLabyrinth » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:48 pm

AquaSide wrote:Hey guys,i got a new question.
How can i edit the vehicle icons for the tutorial hoststation in the minimap (compass)
I mean by that how can i make heli,tanks,planes,scout icons for it like the other host stations.
Hello. In order to edit the icons for faction 7 (Drones), you will have to modify the following files:
  • Fontpage.ilb (file that contains the general map icon elements)
  • MAPVHCL#.fon (these are the coordinate definition files; there are total 4 of them)
Optional:
  • H_finder.ilb & TYPE_NS.fon (for the 'dot' weapon icon that appears on the zoom level 4 (max zoomed in) map display)
  • Maprobos.ilb & Maprobo.fon (for editing the Host Station icons)
As you may know, faction 7 uses the several 'Drone red box' placeholder images for the most icon elements used by it in the game as default. These icons are stored in the file Fontpage.ilb in DATA\FONTS, where you could add new icons for faction 7.

Most spaces in the file are already occupied. Any empty spaces are free to use as long as the coordinates are defined accordingly. But since the Black Sect icons are already absent in their respective places thanks to their hard-coded invisibility, I highly recommend making use of those unused spaces between the Taerkasten and Ghorkov icons as it will be much easier to organise.

Once you are done with adding new icons for faction 7 in place, you will have to redefine the icon coordinates used by faction 7 in the script files. MAPVHCL#.fon files in DATA\FONTS\HFONTS contain the coordinate definitions for these icons.

MAPVHCL7.fon is used for defining the icons that appear on both compass and the map zoom level 3, MAPVHCL5.fon is used for the map zoom level 2, and MAPVHCL3.fon is used for the map zoom level 1 (max zoomed out).

Editing MAPVHCL9.fon may not be necessary, as I suspect it might be a legacy file that is not used by the game anymore in a practical sense. I would appreciate a further verification on this.

If you've simply used the empty 'reserved' spaces for Black Sect icons as I suggested, the only remaining task would be recalibrating every Owner 7's coordinates in these three files to match the Owner 5's coordinates directly above them. For example, at the template below you should make the Owner 7's coordinate (259, 59) equal to the above Owner 5's coordinate (211, 77); the same work applies to all other entries present in each MAPVHCL# (3, 5, 7).fon file.

Code: Select all

#17  259  59 7  ; Vehikel, Owner 0 (nicht definiert) ------ Flugzeug --------
#18  183  77 7  ; Vehikel, Owner 1 (User)
#19  190  77 7  ; Vehikel, Owner 2
#20  197  77 7  ; Vehikel, Owner 3 (Mykonier)
#21  204  77 7  ; Vehikel, Owner 4 (Taerkasten)
#22  211  77 7  ; Vehikel, Owner 5					// Copy these coordinates
#23  218  77 7  ; Vehikel, Owner 6 (Kyterneser)
#24  259  59 7  ; Vehikel, Owner 7					// Replace these coordinates
But I believe you are quite familiar with these coordinate definitions already without my tautological explanations. ;)

For the weapon icon that appears on the max zoomed in map screen, it could be added at the unit icon file H_finder.ilb as usual. Please note that in TYPE_NS.fon, the dummy weapon icon coordinate assigned for faction 7 shares its position with faction 0 (Neutral), faction 2 (Sulgogars), and faction 5 (Black Sect); which lack their own default weapon icons as well. You may either make a separate weapon coordinate for faction 7, or just let faction 2 share the same weapon icon as faction 7.
;----------------------------------------------------------
;
; Vielleicht der niedlichste Hubi, Knuddel.
;
;----------------------------------------------------------

Personal Declaration: I always use different usernames across different websites. Hence if you ever see my username is being used outside of Stoudson Corporation, I absolutely have no affiliation whatsoever with that!

AquaSide
Firefly
Firefly

Post by AquaSide » Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:42 pm

Thanks,that helped me alot :)
So,does anyone know about how to make a vehicle unable to move?

AquaSide
Firefly
Firefly

Post by AquaSide » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:55 am

Also,does anyone know how to modify or add a vehicle in the SET file
example:I want to modify turantul I to add it on another vehicle but i don't want to change the host station itself

AquaSide
Firefly
Firefly

Post by AquaSide » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:07 am

Can you guys tell me your opinion about this icon?
Attachments
test.bmp
test.bmp (7.47 KiB) Viewed 348 times

GoldStar611
BlackSect Creator
BlackSect Creator

Post by GoldStar611 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:01 pm

I would say that looks like a pretty cool icon. It looks either like an eye or a black gigant

Ormu
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Ormu » Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:44 pm

AquaSide wrote:Thanks,that helped me alot :)
So,does anyone know about how to make a vehicle unable to move?
Setting the force parameter to 0 and mass parameter to something large should work to a certain extent at least.

Or, if you want to prevent movement completely, set the type to gun and attach it to a building. I'm not sure if gun type vehicles work as stand-alone vehicles.
AquaSide wrote:Also,does anyone know how to modify or add a vehicle in the SET file
example:I want to modify turantul I to add it on another vehicle but i don't want to change the host station itself
Yes, to some extent. See these for example:

http://forums.metropolisdawn.com/viewto ... =23&t=1467

http://forums.metropolisdawn.com/viewto ... =23&t=1719

And all the model file threads on the forum.
Matthew Lever wrote:Take out Ormus as soon as you see them.
UA community Discord channel: https://discord.gg/7H4dFQH
Not all Ormus are mine. When in doubt, please ask...

AquaSide
Firefly
Firefly

Post by AquaSide » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:14 pm

Thanks.
Does anyone know the number of a skyscraper building in UA or a tower?

AquaSide
Firefly
Firefly

Post by AquaSide » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:01 pm

Is there also a way to make a vehicle fire a missile that you can control?
and is there a way to make a weapon do splash damage?

Ormu
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Ormu » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:50 pm

AquaSide wrote:Thanks.
Does anyone know the number of a skyscraper building in UA or a tower?
To create functional buildings (flaks, power stations etc.) you want to know the sector number (in decimal format!). You can utilize level files, or use sector images:
http://forums.metropolisdawn.com/viewto ... =23&t=1715

For complete sector/building information, look at SET.SDF files in \data\setX\scripts. Figuring out what buildings are skyscrapers might take some time.
AquaSide wrote:Is there also a way to make a vehicle fire a missile that you can control?
and is there a way to make a weapon do splash damage?
Missile control: No, such functionality doesn't exist in UA.

Splash damage: No, normal weapons do not do splash damage. They can, however, hit multiple vehicles at once under certain conditions.

Rock Sled uses special "kamikaze" function that does splash damage but it's quite restrictive. It can't be used by the AI and it might only work with certain vehicle types although I'm not completely sure about this.
Matthew Lever wrote:Take out Ormus as soon as you see them.
UA community Discord channel: https://discord.gg/7H4dFQH
Not all Ormus are mine. When in doubt, please ask...

AquaSide
Firefly
Firefly

Post by AquaSide » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:49 pm

Is there a way to add a new button to the start menu?