Making Black Sect and Sulgogar custom campaigns

For those of us who are curious and like to poke around in the game's data files and scripts as well as glitching. Caters to anything from unit/building stats to level data to telling how to glitch and stories of game errors.
Black Sect Lord 2.0
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Making Black Sect and Sulgogar custom campaigns

Post by Black Sect Lord 2.0 » Tue May 30, 2017 9:38 pm

Hello Again Users! Im here to talk about some stuff...

For first, yesterday was my birthday, Im 17 now... too young right? haha. :D :awsm:

I have seen that there's no "full" custom campaigns of Black Sect and the Sulgogars, so I'm going to make both. Slowly because I'm busy on the classes, and I don't think I have all the tools to complete them. I really want to share this because most of people waited for this.

I already know how to change the maps, add more, edit the "Scripts" file. This will be interesting: The Black Sect story will be different from all known data, meaning they aren't "Scavengers, Pirates and Mercenaries".They have their "own units" with new weapons (I think).

About the Sulgogars, there's no much info for now, except for new units such as the LRMS-B (Little Runner Metal Shredder-Brother) or "Metal Eater", maybe the first Body to Body type ground unit(NEVER use it for air units, its weapon has no range). I want to know how to edit the icons (or overwrite them) on the map to add more units.

Both campaigns will take part on Oseania, using MarcOlle´s map from Resurgence of Sulgogars mod.

Some resources used:Notepad++, XnView, Resource Hacker, H_Finder from MarioSDU6/SDU7 multiplayer mod, black icons from Bronsteijn24k, Oseania map from MarcOlle. If this is copyright, please tell me so I can try to make my own version. Yep I'm new on modding but it's nice to start to learn how to program. :lol:

Sorry if my english is bad :mrgreen:
Future savior, Democratic sussesor of the Black Sect.

"I... I cannot... let the faction end like this..."

"I... I will... I will fight for their sake..."

"Even if... They dont belive in me anymore..."

"I... I will strike you down!"

GoldStar611
BlackSect Creator
BlackSect Creator

Re: Making Black Sect and Sulgogar custom campaigns

Post by GoldStar611 » Tue May 30, 2017 10:43 pm

Hello and welcome back,

It's great to hear that you are interested in modding UA for blacksect and sulgogars.

You may find the Wiki useful/helpful
http://wiki.metropolisdawn.com/modding:unit_icons

If you find anything incorrect on the wiki please login and make edits when you need!

CharlotteLabyrinth
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Re: Making Black Sect and Sulgogar custom campaigns

Post by CharlotteLabyrinth » Wed May 31, 2017 7:49 am

Hello, and good luck with your new modding project! :)
Black Sect Lord 2.0 wrote:I want to know how to edit the icons (or overwrite them) on the map to add more units.
Adding more icons for new units into the game is quite simple:

Simply insert the new unit icons into the unused cells in the file H_finder.ilb in the 'DATA\FONTS' directory. Next, open the file TYPE_NS.fon in the 'DATA\FONTS\HFONTS' directory and you will see a list of entries for unit icons.

The first letters in each line denote the assigned letters for each unit icon in the game. For the new icons, you will have to assign new unique letters that are not used in the scripts yet.

The next two numbers are the coordinates for the icons. The default width of a cell is 20 pixels wide while the default height is 16 pixels high, with +1 pixels for designating the cell borders. Finding the precise coordinates for each cell can be easily done by using the following expressions (21x - 20) and (17y - 16), where x and y are the order of the rows and columns on the matrix.

The last numbers after the coordinates indicate the max width of the icons. The default and max value is 20. Normally, it is not recommended to change it unless you are really out of space.

You may copy the existing line formats to make new entries for new icons. It's also much quicker and safer in that way too. Lastly, once you have created a new entry for a new icon, open the unit scripts and put the newly assigned letter for the new icon under the 'type_icon =' of the unit.

The other map icons are stored in different files, so if you want to edit them you will have to search for those files. The wiki may contain the additional information that I may have missed out here, so I highly recommend you to have a look at it! :mrgreen:

Besides, I'm also considering to start revising wiki pages in the future, seeing that some pages contain outdated/incorrect information while some pages are just downright in need of cleanup (such as formatting/layout errors and typos).
;----------------------------------------------------------
;
; Vielleicht der niedlichste Hubi, Knuddel.
;
;----------------------------------------------------------

Personal Declaration: I always use different usernames across different websites. Hence if you ever see my username is being used outside of Stoudson Corporation, I absolutely have no affiliation whatsoever with that!