One Last Question

For those of us who are curious and like to poke around in the game's data files and scripts as well as glitching. Caters to anything from unit/building stats to level data to telling how to glitch and stories of game errors.
fabriciovic3
Firefly
Firefly

One Last Question

Post by fabriciovic3 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:30 pm

Hi,its me again,i been out for a while,this is one of my last posts,id like to say Thanks,for all the UA community,to keep this game alive and well.So my last question,i hope it helps the newbies here that is visiting the forum for the first time,is:Can i change all missions to trainning missions?instead to use the Bean Gates,can i change all the Map to trainning missions?and what it is made for?its because my last modding tip that ive read,is from a guy,that replaced the training s missions maps for Multiplayer maps,and it works fine,he set the Artificial Intelligence settings,using a copy paste from regular robos(its easy to do),because instead of bean gates,i wannt open all map,if it works,i can set any map that i want,because im more human faction s fan than the alien ones,i specially dont like the sulgogar s for example,i dont go to war with sorta flying vitoria regia plants..and i dont like parasite city at all....same ending factor...
so,is it possible?

MarioSDU6/SDU7
Slime Lord
Slime Lord

Re: One Last Question

Post by MarioSDU6/SDU7 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:29 pm

fabriciovic3 wrote:Hi,its me again,i been out for a while,this is one of my last posts,id like to say Thanks,for all the UA community,to keep this game alive and well.So my last question,i hope it helps the newbies here that is visiting the forum for the first time,is:Can i change all missions to trainning missions?instead to use the Bean Gates,can i change all the Map to trainning missions?and what it is made for?its because my last modding tip that ive read,is from a guy,that replaced the training s missions maps for Multiplayer maps,and it works fine,he set the Artificial Intelligence settings,using a copy paste from regular robos(its easy to do),because instead of bean gates,i wannt open all map,if it works,i can set any map that i want,because im more human faction s fan than the alien ones,i specially dont like the sulgogar s for example,i dont go to war with sorta flying vitoria regia plants..and i dont like parasite city at all....same ending factor...
so,is it possible?
It's not as easy as one might think. Sadly, UA is way too technical for some of the best modders here, and our only hope rests on Zidane's UA:Source project for changing all missions to training missions.
Right now it's possible to change all missions to training missions, but it's impossible for one mission to be one with beam gate, and that same mission to be a training mission. The only way would be making a copy of that mission, rename it to a level that UA does know, edit it to not have Beam Gate, and if you have Photoshop and XnView, edit the MASKE.iff and all of those (and it will be way too complicated to properly explain).

Also, if you go to the SAVE->SDU7 (or the name of your save file) folder, you open a file called "user". You can open it with basic Notepad, but it's most recommended if you open it with Notepad++ and similar programs to it.

For some reason Lightshot isn't fully compatible with Notepad++ screenshots, but I don't intend to violate copyrights, you know.
After you open the "user" file, you'll see this (in my case with Notepad++):

You'll go down a little, and you'll see how they assign the levels (you'll see a "begin_levelstatus" line):
1 - Means it's not unblocked yet (via Beam Gate)
2 - Means it's available
3 - Means it's already complete (after using the Beam Gate)

Well, it's a long story, but I hope it helps a bit. ;) Is that because I've been using Trial and Error with modding and also looking topics about "how it works xxxx thing" during years (I don't do that every day, I sometimes stopped for 1 month, or who knows, but I do it when my mood is for UA). Right now I am making more of the UA 1.2.04 Beta, finally with the single-player. And what happened with your previous account?

Also, I sent you a PM. :)
Intense Mod progress (it includes tests):
Resistance 100% done
Demo version uncertain fate
New Ghorkov and Taerkasten 100% done

Factions of choice: Resistance, Ghorkovs, Taerkastens

fabriciovic3
Firefly
Firefly

Post by fabriciovic3 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:50 pm

jodie foster is a great actrees and contact flags,but,thanks Mario for clear for us this details and answered my question...

Ormu
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Ormu » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:16 pm

fabriciovic3 wrote:jodie foster is a great actrees and contact flags,but,thanks Mario for clear for us this details and answered my question...
Heh, I wonder how her name ended up into the internals of UA. Developers had a secret crush? :P

Anyway, it is possible to open all maps, for example, by editing the saves as Mario explained. levels.def in /env can be used to open them by default but it might only work with the expansion executable (UA_xp.exe).

The quit dialog that appears after you kill all hosts in the training missions is probably evoked by the training map event loops. The event loops can be used in other maps too but I'm not sure how well they work if the level differs greatly from the original training missions.
Matthew Lever wrote:Take out Ormus as soon as you see them.
UA community Discord channel: https://discord.gg/7H4dFQH
Not all Ormus are mine. When in doubt, please ask...