RELEASE MYKONIAN INVASION DIVISION [MID]

For those of us who are curious and like to poke around in the game's data files and scripts as well as glitching. Caters to anything from unit/building stats to level data to telling how to glitch and stories of game errors.
Brachy UA FREAK
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Re: RELEASE MYKONIAN INVASION DIVISION [MID]

Post by Brachy UA FREAK » Fri May 01, 2015 10:06 am

lol , dat bug :P

Fonud out why: if you don't get an other armorupgrade before the radar upgrade you get -1% shield which the games seems to change into 255% :o

fixed in version 1.03:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/35r1oxzbcwgq1 ... 3.zip?dl=0
GET YOUR HANDS OFF FROM THAT PARASITE!
Or
I LL QUADDA YOU

://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd333/pete_kaboom/MykoniansUB1.png
://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd333/pete_kaboom/X01-Quadda.gif

Myko Mod [MID] back alive after long hiatus!

CharlotteLabyrinth
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by CharlotteLabyrinth » Fri May 01, 2015 10:50 am

Brachy UA FREAK wrote:Fonud out why: if you don't get an other armorupgrade before the radar upgrade you get -1% shield which the games seems to change into 255% :o
That means UA uses unsigned 8-bit integers to determine the scope range of armour variables.

When you increment/decrement variables beyond the maximum/minimum scope range of accepted data types, the value ends up at the 'opposite side' of the limit cycle.

(In this case, 2^8 = 256 permutations = from 0 to 255 integers; So minimum armour value is 0% whilst maximum armour value is 255%)
;----------------------------------------------------------
;
; Vielleicht der niedlichste Hubi, Knuddel.
;

Personal Declaration: I always use different usernames across different websites. Hence if you ever see my username is being used outside of Stoudson Corporation, I absolutely have no affiliation whatsoever with that!

Yakamaru
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Yakamaru » Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:59 am

I've only done the first mission in the MID campaign, and holy shit is it hard!

But I love German being used. <3

Seriously. Have you even tested this? All I get is a shitty Ground Cube that gets rekt the moment I meet an Eisenhans or even a Fox. You should probably do some testing before releasing.

~Edit~

After I rushed my first air unit and focused on messing up their power stations it got a LOT easier. :P

~Edit 2~

Have only managed to complete 7 missions so far. And holy crap is it HARD without proper anti-ground. God damn Resistance with their Jaguars and especially Tigers. If I dedicate time to kill off the Tigers I neglect everything else, such as destroying power stations, capturing tech sectors and Stoudson Bomb sectors. If I do the latter, I end up losing because the AI just spams shit in my face. So it's a lose/lose situation. And why the gently caress do I have to fight FOUR Resistance Host Stations on Koych-Valley?
There exist 10 different types of people in this world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
Stupidity is at large!
You are just stupid.

Brachy UA FREAK
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Brachy UA FREAK » Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:00 pm

It is meant to be a pain in the ass. You know after loosing basically everything during the first 3 campaigns it should be hard.. but no worries, it gets worse.

You sometimes have to use your hostation as an offensive unit...

And ye, better learn to fly 3PO - Otherwise you can dig yourself in later missions.

Glad you like it :)
GET YOUR HANDS OFF FROM THAT PARASITE!
Or
I LL QUADDA YOU

://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd333/pete_kaboom/MykoniansUB1.png
://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd333/pete_kaboom/X01-Quadda.gif

Myko Mod [MID] back alive after long hiatus!

Yakamaru
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Yakamaru » Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:16 pm

Has anyone actually finished this mod? I can't seem to get past the 7 missions I managed somehow to finish.

Koych-Valley, Deep Settlement, Crisis Intervention and Kytorism are the ones I simply are incapable of finishing. I don't have any Power Station tech nor Flak Station tech either, so it's a pain in the ass defending. Hell, even attacking it's a pain in the ass.
There exist 10 different types of people in this world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
Stupidity is at large!
You are just stupid.

Ormu
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Ormu » Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:14 pm

Yakamaru wrote:Has anyone actually finished this mod? I can't seem to get past the 7 missions I managed somehow to finish.

Koych-Valley, Deep Settlement, Crisis Intervention and Kytorism are the ones I simply are incapable of finishing. I don't have any Power Station tech nor Flak Station tech either, so it's a pain in the ass defending. Hell, even attacking it's a pain in the ass.
:ninja:

I got past Kytorism but then I got stuck, and then busy with other stuff. Maybe I'll get back to this campaign soon.

Brachy: Now that you mentioned 3PO... could Air Prism aka 5PO indeed be named after that Star Wars robot? :P It wouldn't even be the only Star Wars reference in UA.
Matthew Lever wrote:Take out Ormus as soon as you see them.
UA community Discord channel: https://discord.gg/7H4dFQH
Not all Ormus are mine. When in doubt, please ask...

Yakamaru
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Yakamaru » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:45 pm

Ormu wrote:
Yakamaru wrote:Has anyone actually finished this mod? I can't seem to get past the 7 missions I managed somehow to finish.

I got past Kytorism but then I got stuck, and then busy with other stuff. Maybe I'll get back to this campaign soon.
Whoever creates these campaigns should at least test them themselves, to see if they aren't too gently caress hard. Because MID is too gently caress hard as it currently stands.

Because some of the maps are just insanely hard. No matter what I do I end up losing. Backdooring with air units, I die. Defending with everything I have, I die.
Stupidity is at large!
You are just stupid.

CuSToM_94
Dragonfly
Dragonfly

Post by CuSToM_94 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:40 pm

Yakamaru wrote:
Ormu wrote:

Whoever creates these campaigns should at least test them themselves, to see if they aren't too gently caressing hard. Because MID is too gently caressing hard as it currently stands.

Because some of the maps are just insanely hard. No matter what I do I end up losing. Backdooring with air units, I die. Defending with everything I have, I die.
It's not impossible, it's just takes too much effort and time :mrgreen:
Sadly, I lost all my progress with the install of Windows 10 "I forgot I was playing it on C partition :( "
I finished like half of the maps, but the ones with Taerkasts are always hard "Especially that one where you fight 4 Taer and one Sulg, I don't remember map names".

CharlotteLabyrinth
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by CharlotteLabyrinth » Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:48 pm

CuSToM_94 wrote:"Especially that one where you fight 4 Taer and one Sulg, I don't remember map names".
Taer-Crumblezone? Well, fighting against numerous Taerkastens in such a small level is always an arduous task...

I found the earlier levels are relatively harder than the later missions in MID, as players are only limited to a few underpowered (cheaper but significantly weaker than their vanilla counterparts in every way) units against endless parade of enemy units with very limited power supplies. Maybe it only felt like that because I played rather clumsily in the earlier missions, but the only thing you can rely on is virtually a single Air Prism -or a Quader- to do all the tasks by yourself in a first-person control. Using amassed Ground Cubes to attack enemies while kiting them with a single Radar can be effective but it takes too much time. Although once I got Air Stick, Hourglass, or some buildings, things were started to loosen up and had less problem at dealing with multiple enemies at once.
;
; Vielleicht der niedlichste Hubi, Knuddel.
;

Personal Declaration: I always use different usernames across different websites. Hence if you ever see my username is being used outside of Stoudson Corporation, I absolutely have no affiliation whatsoever with that!

CuSToM_94
Dragonfly
Dragonfly

Post by CuSToM_94 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:03 pm

CharlotteLabyrinth wrote:
CuSToM_94 wrote:"Especially that one where you fight 4 Taer and one Sulg, I don't remember map names".
Taer-Crumblezone? Well, fighting against numerous Taerkastens in such a small level is always an arduous task...

I found the earlier levels are relatively harder than the later missions in MID, as players are only limited to a few underpowered (cheaper but significantly weaker than their vanilla counterparts in every way) units against endless parade of enemy units with very limited power supplies. Maybe it only felt like that because I played rather clumsily in the earlier missions, but the only thing you can rely on is virtually a single Air Prism -or a Quader- to do all the tasks by yourself in a first-person control. Using amassed Ground Cubes to attack enemies while kiting them with a single Radar can be effective but it takes too much time. Although once I got Air Stick, Hourglass, or some buildings, things were started to loosen up and had less problem at dealing with multiple enemies at once.
It does get a bit easier later on when you get useful units .. but getting more towards the end and fighting against that unbreakable Sulgogar Queen that flies extremely high, it's becomes a lot worse :D

You're always in an underdog position, Except where you have the control of a parasite.. it's a little easy

I always find it hard against Taer due to extremely high armor "later" and Sulg for their queen