General AI Unit Cost and Usage

For those of us who are curious and like to poke around in the game's data files and scripts as well as glitching. Caters to anything from unit/building stats to level data to telling how to glitch and stories of game errors.
CharlotteLabyrinth
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

General AI Unit Cost and Usage

Post by CharlotteLabyrinth » Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:00 am

The last time I have attempted to analyse the AI's unit cost mechanisms via faction swap turret save bug I was able to notice an evident difference between two same Host Stations with equal amount of energy reservoir, reload_const and activity allocation values. They also had mostly identical environments (Two medium Power Stations, with some Flaks installed nearby) to each other.

As the game starts, but only after a few minutes later, the 'master' station that controls every predefined squads and flaks in the level had only 2 energy boxes (the minimum 20% status that AI actually conserves their energy) remaining and then started to create only cheaper units due to insufficient energy, whilst the other station that only controls it's own units still had full 8 energy boxes and were constantly creating expensive units.

The level contained profusion of predefined squads and I've noticed this sort of energy lacking situation chiefly happens to the master stations. Furthermore, I don't know what factor determines it but it seems the energy costs for individual unit are not always identical even for a same Host Station in seemingly consistent situations. Occasionally it costs a bit more otherwise it costs slightly less. Not to mention that AI has distinct unit costs as a deviation from the original unit costs.

The practical conclusion is that the more units AI Host Station controls and manages, the more energy is required to create additional extra units. Now this leads me to believe that perhaps the AI's cost functions actually share some similarities with multiplayer's cost limit (Soft Limit) to some extent.

Another Information: AI acknowledges individual flak guns as a helicopter when using def_ value. However with con_ or rob_ value the AI will assemble conquer squads (tanks, bombers) to devastate the flak station sectors. This explains why sometimes the AI sends out planes (ironically) to deal with flak batteries.
;----------------------------------------------------------
;
; Vielleicht der niedlichste Hubi, Knuddel.
;
;----------------------------------------------------------

Personal Declaration: I always use different usernames across different websites. Hence if you ever see my username is being used outside of Stoudson Corporation, I absolutely have no affiliation whatsoever with that!