The New Ghor and Taer mods are released and fixed! 3

For those of us who are curious and like to poke around in the game's data files and scripts as well as glitching. Caters to anything from unit/building stats to level data to telling how to glitch and stories of game errors.
MarioSDU6/SDU7
Slime Lord
Slime Lord

The New Ghor and Taer mods are released and fixed! 3

Post by MarioSDU6/SDU7 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:04 am

It's finally here! The New and expanded Ghorkov and Taerkasten campaigns are there! Now you can try the more expansive version of the original MD expansion, and also it includes the Intense versions to fight with stronger opponents.

Requirements:
Urban Assault (http://www.metropolisdawn.com/files/index.php?dir=/game) (it must be Typical or Complete)
- You only need to install these MD stuff like on the MD Easy Install pack, since you don't need to replace the original data, and it basically works like on the original MD expansion, only with new elements.

Here are the mods (as of 27/01/12):
New MD main components (important to start any of the 3 mods)
New MD Easy
New MD Normal
New MD Intense

Sorry, but it seems there was a complaint about the mods that the Taer mods were failing, but this time I updated it and with better results.

The levels have been edited, and now come with new ones. Also, the original edited levels along with the new ones have been edited on Intense and that means tougher enemies and more obstacles ahead.

All original levels suffered almost no background changes, but some levels have extra powerstations and the flak tech upgrades where once they were the same flaks no matter the faction, now they have the proper flaks (for example, a flak tech upgrade under Mykonian control now have their ground flak stations instead of the normal ones, and they can now fire on any direction). You'll need to know very well the enemy stations on the Normal mode to then know what to do. So I suggest you to try to play the New MD Normal first to study the levels.

- The normal colored arrows mean they'll lead you to "xxx" level.
- The multicolored arrows mean the hidden beam gate will lead you to other "xxx" levels.

The Sulgogars somehow found a way to migrate indenpendiently towards Asia, where they would reproduce like insects, while the short MD depicted the Mykos as easy targets, but on the new MD they actually became much stronger at the point they are more vengeful the more defeats they suffer along the way.

The Black Sect is still using the stolen flaks from other factions to guarantee a victory over you. Also, the HUDs have now their respective color, and also there are new vehicles for the missions. Just find it the surprises and fixes there! ;)

Two more things, if you start with "Software" mode, I suggest you to change it to "Primary Display Driver":
- Go to the Urban Assault mods, go to "Options", and change the Direct 3D Device to "Primary Display Driver", and then "OK".
The Intense Mod scripts have the heli-patch installed, although they work better on Primary Display Driver, but if they also work properly on Software mode, just tell me.

Any bugs and problems, comment here or send me a private message. Enjoy!

EDIT: I corrected the Ghorkov HUD, now it's more reddish! That's all thanks to Bronsteijn24k! Also, I made some fixes on the Taerkasten HUD, and finally some levels have decreased difficulty to make it more possible, rather than "impossible". Also, the road on Mykhatka Krai was corrected, and the important notepad has more detailed info on how to compress your movies Fraps made.
Last edited by MarioSDU6/SDU7 on Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:14 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Intense Mod progress (it includes tests):
Resistance 100% done
Demo version uncertain fate
New Ghorkov and Taerkasten 100% done

Factions of choice: Resistance, Ghorkovs, Taerkastens

Bronsteijn24K
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Re: The New Ghor and Taer mods are released.

Post by Bronsteijn24K » Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:36 pm

Awsome im going with the Intense Mode right away wish me luck ! :D

Just scrolling through all the levels and their good i will play em later. However may I suggest something. The ghorkov colours for the briefings and the HUD are too "pink" may i sugest instead of it flashing from pink to white, have it flash from red to orange and maybe change the weapon text (ENG ARM WPN) to orange as well)

Similar to this HUD colour: http://image.jeuxvideo.com/images/pc/s/ ... pc-212.jpg

MarioSDU6/SDU7
Slime Lord
Slime Lord

Post by MarioSDU6/SDU7 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:04 pm

Bronsteijn24K wrote:Awsome im going with the Intense Mode right away wish me luck ! :D

Just scrolling through all the levels and their good i will play em later. However may I suggest something. The ghorkov colours for the briefings and the HUD are too "pink" may i sugest instead of it flashing from pink to white, have it flash from red to orange and maybe change the weapon text (ENG ARM WPN) to orange as well)

Similar to this HUD colour: http://image.jeuxvideo.com/images/pc/s/ ... pc-212.jpg
Unfortunately I won't be there on the forums starting by today by 3 days or more, so you'll have to edit the "World.ini" from "GhorIntense_env" (or Ghor***_env) folder and test it several times if all colors meet all our standards. Is that I made those colors for the text to fit for the dark gameplay, and that because it's too difficult to find the right red colors on the "Color Table" for the HUD images. Also, because it would make them look somewhat similar to the Taerkasten HUD.
Resistance 100% done

Ormu
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Ormu » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:19 pm

Wee, unfortunately I don't have that much time just now but someday... time to start the UA marathon with all three intenses... :p :ninja:
Matthew Lever wrote:Take out Ormus as soon as you see them.
UA community Discord channel: https://discord.gg/7H4dFQH
Not all Ormus are mine. When in doubt, please ask...

Bronsteijn24K
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Bronsteijn24K » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:31 pm

edited the HUD here is the result :Image

so what do you think?

Brachy UA FREAK
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Brachy UA FREAK » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:37 am

Looks very good
GET YOUR HANDS OFF FROM THAT PARASITE!
Or
I LL QUADDA YOU

://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd333/pete_kaboom/MykoniansUB1.png
://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd333/pete_kaboom/X01-Quadda.gif

Myko Mod [MID] back alive after long hiatus!

Thomas Fredson
Emperor of the Mykonians (Veteran)
Emperor of the Mykonians (Veteran)

Post by Thomas Fredson » Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:59 pm

[Out of subject]Sentence of the week: I need time! [Out of subject]
://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd333/pete_kaboom/MykoniansUB1.png[/img]
://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd333/pete_kaboom/MykoniansUB2.png[/img]
://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t318/Al-Khabir/UrbanAssaultSig4.gif[/img]

Also administrator of UAFr Board

The Big Mistake album in progress! (ABORTED)

Bronsteijn24K
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Bronsteijn24K » Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:34 pm

I also noticed u re-made the Ghorkov Host station sprite on the map. I tried to improve it a bit while keeping the style of the original UA.

Here is the file (put it in DATA/FONTS):http://www.zshare.net/download/96661662e1225ced/

Here is a pic showing the difference:

MarioSDU6/SDU7
Slime Lord
Slime Lord

Post by MarioSDU6/SDU7 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:54 pm

Bronsteijn24K wrote:I also noticed u re-made the Ghorkov Host station sprite on the map. I tried to improve it a bit while keeping the style of the original UA.

Here is the file (put it in DATA/FONTS):http://www.zshare.net/download/96661662e1225ced/

Here is a pic showing the difference:
I'MMA BACK! And yeah, I remade the Ghorkov Host icon because it's impossible to keep it like UA could have wished, it will always leave the icon with a JPEG quality despite staying on BMP format. Also because of the limit of the colors, so I used a few ones to make it look simple and smooth, and at the same time as if it were a high quality stuff.

And your HUD looks awesome, but I'm still halfway done of editing the mods to the colors you told to me. I made the edits as you said:
I said "Halfway" because I still need to edit the Button background colors, the Briefing images, and I might re-edit the lower HUD to orange and with some additions, and I don't have Photoshop yet (I recently got Windows 7), only Paint 6.1 (the Win7 Pro version).

And one question Brons24K, which part are you right now in both mods? ;)
Ormu wrote:Wee, unfortunately I don't have that much time just now but someday... time to start the UA marathon with all three intenses... :p :ninja:
Oh, I see. And good!
Resistance 100% done

Bronsteijn24K
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Bronsteijn24K » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:44 pm

I have been busy i only got the first mission done so far....so technically, im here:
And as u can see i updated your MB already. XD