New 2012 UA Games

For those looking for a more casual game, or wanting to chat after a game.
Aakkonen
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

New 2012 UA Games

Post by Aakkonen » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:08 pm

Well I see that the newest post to this category is from 2010 so I want to contribute :D So, anyone intrested in friendly-mood-no-HC-stuff games via Hamachi, hook me up :D I see you on the field. Aak beams off.
The humanitys destiny is determined.

Ormu
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Re: New 2012 UA Games

Post by Ormu » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:18 pm

Hm, I see 8 other threads on this board that have been replied in 2012, in addition to this one. :P But hey, welcome on board anyway. \o/ Hamachi should be fine but most people use GameRanger to establish multiplayer matches now. Check the thread about it.
Matthew Lever wrote:Take out Ormus as soon as you see them.
UA community Discord channel: https://discord.gg/7H4dFQH
Not all Ormus are mine. When in doubt, please ask...

MarioSDU6/SDU7
Slime Lord
Slime Lord

Post by MarioSDU6/SDU7 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:35 am

Aakkonen wrote:Well I see that the newest post to this category is from 2010 so I want to contribute :D So, anyone intrested in friendly-mood-no-HC-stuff games via Hamachi, hook me up :D I see you on the field. Aak beams off.
Yeah, welcome to the forums, and is better you use Gameranger, because it's awesome and it allows you to fight with more balance against opponents. ;) I already fought 3 battles in multiplayer with Gameranger, I recorded all of them, and after I compress them into 1 single softer but smooth file for each battle, I'll submit them to Youtube so you watch them how it's done. Hamachi is no longer as reliable as before.

Btw, do you have the heli-patch installed? This is required to fight in UA multiplayer. But I hope you enjoy your stay, and tell us your experience on Urban Assault overall. :) I hope you have a video gameplay recorder (like FRAPS) to record your multiplayer battles, convert them into one with Movie Maker (windows 7), and submit them into Youtube.
Intense Mod progress (it includes tests):
Resistance 100% done
Demo version uncertain fate
New Ghorkov and Taerkasten 100% done

Factions of choice: Resistance, Ghorkovs, Taerkastens

Aakkonen
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Aakkonen » Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:57 am

okay well thanks guys, Well hamachi has worked fine on me while playing old games, UA, Supreme commander FA and Arma 2. But I dont have Heli patch in, my helis work without it, so is it required to play MP? I have tried it before, and it worked just fine, my friend though wasnt working :P

Ormu
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Ormu » Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:27 pm

Heli patch is not necessary but if one player doesn't have it and the others have (or someone has a different patch than others), the error message about different game files will be triggered. The file check was made to combat cheating, and if someone has a different helipatch (or just tells that he has), cheating is harder to reveal. Cheating in UA is pretty rare but some people just want to be sure.

Aakkonen
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Aakkonen » Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:50 pm

Okay, so there is that kinda thingie behind, but I dont like cheating, I just want friendly mood games just to have fun via the game of the decade. (and checking some tactics I could use in SP :P ) yeah, I am not very good at this game I just got it working, (about 5 days ago?)

MarioSDU6/SDU7
Slime Lord
Slime Lord

Post by MarioSDU6/SDU7 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:47 am

Aakkonen wrote:Okay, so there is that kinda thingie behind, but I dont like cheating, I just want friendly mood games just to have fun via the game of the decade. (and checking some tactics I could use in SP :P ) yeah, I am not very good at this game I just got it working, (about 5 days ago?)
Yeah, and sorry about my delay. I was busy compressing the UA multiplayer vids I had against other people in Gameranger. And don't worry, if there's cheating, it's most likely UA won't work properly. So yeah, there's a very low chance of cheating. Although to avoid any trouble, use the heli-patch files to avoid any mistakes ahead. Most of us use it.

And do you still use Hamachi? I don't use it, and I use Gameranger instead. So if you like to play with me or a few others tomorrow Urban Assault multiplayer (if you can't, don't worry, you can wait until Friday), I suggest you to install Gameranger because that's what most of us currently use it. ;)
Intense Mod progress (it includes tests):
Resistance 100% done
Demo version uncertain fate
New Ghorkov and Taerkasten 100% done

Factions of choice: Resistance, Ghorkovs, Taerkastens

Aakkonen
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Aakkonen » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:40 am

Okay, I'll look foward, but my change of apartemnt is slowing me down, (and skyrim is taking a lions share of my free time too) But I'll install GR and try it out, btw, I have some problems with the helipatch installing so is there anyone who could give a full step by step instructions to install it? :D I have never liked pc patching for its hard file browsing, ( one reason I am a big fan of xbox. no need for manual patching :D )

CharlotteLabyrinth
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by CharlotteLabyrinth » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:42 am

Hello Aakkonen, firstly welcome to the forum!

The installation process for Heli-Patch is very easy.
Although since it is not an official patch that comes with executable application so you will need to directly apply them in somewhat primitive way.

1. Download heli-patch from here. This is for an original version of the game.
2. Unzip the file and locate the folder with extracted files.
3. Copy the two files: Feinde.scr and User.scr and Paste them into your Urban Assault\DATA\SCRIPTS folder.
(Basic directory: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Urban Assault\DATA\SCRIPTS)
4. End. :D

NOTE: Despite the fact Heli-Patch is working flawlessly, I'm HIGHLY recommend on you to do Heli-Patch as your own handwork. Because the existing Heli-Patch is currently on incomplete status in many ways. The Heli-Patch will make Ghargoil, Ghargoil 2 and Dragonfly have as same mechanism as Hornet.

This thing happens due to the Heli-Patch itself was done by merely taking the Hornet's data(Which is working properly) and apply them to other non-properly working helicopters(Dragonlfly, Ghargoil and Ghargoil 2). Hence this fact it will completely overrides the game's originality. Dragonfly will became faster and manueverable like Hornet, and Ghargoil 2 will fly in lower height just like any other helicopters. :ninja:

With this reason, if you want to do Heli-Patch as your own then I'll write about it here too. But from that, you may encounter several disadvantages when vs with other multi-player players since they will probably using this existing Heli-Patch, and the Hornet's mechanism is most superior among those 4 helicopter types. After all, it is your choice and I hope you will get any sort of desired answers from this site. :mrgreen:
;----------------------------------------------------------
;
; Vielleicht der niedlichste Hubi, Knuddel.
;
;----------------------------------------------------------

Personal Declaration: I always use different usernames across different websites. Hence if you ever see my username is being used outside of Stoudson Corporation, I absolutely have no affiliation whatsoever with that!

Ormu
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Ormu » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:36 am

CharlotteLabyrinth wrote:
NOTE: Despite the fact Heli-Patch is working flawlessly, I'm HIGHLY recommend on you to do Heli-Patch as your own handwork. Because the existing Heli-Patch is currently on incomplete status in many ways. The Heli-Patch will make Ghargoil, Ghargoil 2 and Dragonfly have as same mechanism as Hornet.

This thing happens due to the Heli-Patch itself was done by merely taking the Hornet's data(Which is working properly) and apply them to other non-properly working helicopters(Dragonlfly, Ghargoil and Ghargoil 2). Hence this fact it will completely overrides the game's originality. Dragonfly will became faster and manueverable like Hornet, and Ghargoil 2 will fly in lower height just like any other helicopters. :ninja:

With this reason, if you want to do Heli-Patch as your own then I'll write about it here too. But from that, you may encounter several disadvantages when vs with other multi-player players since they will probably using this existing Heli-Patch, and the Hornet's mechanism is most superior among those 4 helicopter types. After all, it is your choice and I hope you will get any sort of desired answers from this site. :mrgreen:
For single-player, yes, but for multiplayer it's usually not recommended to do the fixes manually because the file check is checksum-based, i.e. one different byte in the scripts (even a single comment character) will trigger the error message.