Stoudson Corporation Wiki

Mandatory reading. This forum contains the rules and regulations and announcements about any changes to the forums or site. Only the staff may create threads, but anyone else can reply to discuss.
Ihgzial
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Re: Stoudson Corporation Wiki

Post by Ihgzial » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:26 am

You know you are awesome, right Lefty? This is it, absolutely perfect. And templated too? Someone has been busy :). I will start some wiki modifications on Friday I think, after my last exam. Thank you so much again Lefty.

Edit: I have no idea how I missed that mass of Lorem Ipsum dummy nonsense, I must be going mad.

Darth_Cthulhu
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Darth_Cthulhu » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:17 pm

leftylink I am approving. This is great. Thank you.
Ihgzial I have a question for you: would you modify unit descriptions that I made? (Resistance and Ghorkovs) If you don't want or don't have time to, I will do it. You'll do the rest.
C++ developer. Failed to learn OGRE and worked in gamedev. Alcoholic and chain-smoker.

MarcOlle
Bugged Ostwind?
Bugged Ostwind?

Post by MarcOlle » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:11 pm

I can make it too, on Friday, because I'll enter in vacation and Friday has a Soccer game of Brazil, so I come earlier to home =D

EDIT: Lefty, absolutely perfect, I don't think that is possible on DokuWiki, because it not has a "navigation bar" or a float box...
Trying to do a comeback...
://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd333/pete_kaboom/SulgogarsUB2.png[/img]
________________________________________________________________________________________
Fra6160 at 29/Apr/2009 wrote:In 2011 we'll discover the plasma creation :D
And still we have not discovered the plasma creation...

Ihgzial
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Ihgzial » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:38 pm

Darth_Cthulhu wrote:Ihgzial I have a question for you: would you modify unit descriptions that I made? (Resistance and Ghorkovs) If you don't want or don't have time to, I will do it. You'll do the rest.

I can do whatever you need me to, since editing the wiki is just about all I am good for nowadays. The descriptions seem pretty solid, but like I suggested, if there is any lore stuff (I know there are some briefing descriptions of the Fox at least) that would be awesome to put in. And of course anyone can pitch in too; any changes or suggestions, as well as tutorials for each unit as well if possible. The framework is done, now comes the fleshing out.

Ihgzial
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Ihgzial » Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:33 pm

Right, today I have implemented the template into the Resistance units. I have left the pages on the Host Station and other buildings as they are, as they require new templates, something which I do not know how to do myself, sorry. Please do have a look if you are able; the main text does look a little empty, but that should hopefully change soon when we can get some more info in there.

A few things that I did come across though. Some of the units had unexpected damage multiplication values. I have made this clear in their specific pages, all I need is for them to be checked if possible. Also, in some units with three or four different multiplication values, their infobox is stretched to accomodate these extra values. Although this isn't a problem really at the moment, I want to try and have a set width for the box in the future, dictated by the width of the unit's picture. We might have to implement abbreviations in order to cut down on size.

I will also try and alpha all the pictures soon. That way, I can eliminate the black background, and also implement a standardised dimention for each picture so that the infobox is always the same width. Sorry if I am sounding like an OCD perfectionist, because I am.

MarcOlle
Bugged Ostwind?
Bugged Ostwind?

Post by MarcOlle » Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:58 am

I'm perfectionist too, but I like more with the "black boxs" than without, it looks more ... I don't know, but I prefer with this...

And Lefty, is possible add a background on wiki, like on twitter, behind everything?
Because I believe the wiki will looks better with the Help File background ...

EDIT: I add some info and make everything standardized on wiki :D
________________________________________________________________________________________

MarcOlle
Bugged Ostwind?
Bugged Ostwind?

Post by MarcOlle » Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:46 pm

I was searching how put icons on the new "float boxs" on wiki, to it ocuppy less space, and I found this Smileys ...
This is to put in Attack Multiplier, instead of you put names, you put images, and I believe this is the only way to put images on Float Divs made by Lefty ...
But I don't know how create a conf/smileys.local.conf page ...

Searching how I'll create a new page I found this DokuMobile, and lefty, I don't know how put this too, but I know you can put this and this way I can acces the wiki from my iPhone :awsm:

leftylink
Useless Bystander Admin
Useless Bystander Admin

Post by leftylink » Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:19 am

MarcOlle wrote:I was searching how put icons on the new "float boxs" on wiki, to it ocuppy less space, and I found this Smileys ...
This is to put in Attack Multiplier, instead of you put names, you put images, and I believe this is the only way to put images on Float Divs made by Lefty ...
But I don't know how create a conf/smileys.local.conf page ...
That's a file on the server, so you can't do that. Find the icons you want to put, and I'll consider doing that. But are you sure you can't put the wiki markup for an image in the template parameters?
MarcOlle wrote:Searching how I'll create a new page I found this DokuMobile, and lefty, I don't know how put this too, but I know you can put this and this way I can acces the wiki from my iPhone :awsm:
The trouble is since it's a template it looks like every user will have to use it... unless there was some cool auto-detection mod I want to install. I'll look into it at some point.
~Leftylink, the former Useless Bystander Admin.
Retired from UA since university. May play again someday...

"SERP RUSH KEKEKEKEKEKEKEKE!!!"
"OMG I SAID NO RUSH 15 MINS!!!!!!" *dies*

Proud creator of the Urban Assault Campaign Guides [Resistance] [Ghorkov] [Taerkasten], the Urban Assault LDF Reader, and the Excel maps

MarcOlle
Bugged Ostwind?
Bugged Ostwind?

Post by MarcOlle » Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:09 pm

leftylink wrote: That's a file on the server, so you can't do that. Find the icons you want to put, and I'll consider doing that. But are you sure you can't put the wiki markup for an image in the template parameters?
The emoticons is because your template has {{...}} and the image too, and (I don't know why) you can't put {{ inside another ...
And the emoticons works, Here you can see a example ...
I believe we can put emoticons on attack multiplier instead of text. Example:
Before:
Attack Multiplier
Tanks x1.5 Planes x0.5

After:
Attack Multiplier
Image x1.5 Image x0.5
leftylink wrote: The trouble is since it's a template it looks like every user will have to use it... unless there was some cool auto-detection mod I want to install. I'll look into it at some point.
I believe it is don't necessary, because in Requirements you has to create a page:

Code: Select all

Create a page at “wiki:navigation_mobile” to use as your navigation page (or edit the top_bar.php to point somewhere else). I highly suggest indexmenu, or another autogenerating navbar plugin.
So I believe it will only affect the smartphone users...

Ihgzial
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Ihgzial » Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:33 pm

Yes, it does seem that smileys are the only way to go. The vehicle image is specified as an image in its own section of the template, so simply pasting the image name into the other cells doesn't work. As MarcOlle has shown, the smiley code does still work under the template conditions, so would be compatable. Obviously, it would not be a good idea if the smiley code was 'Planes' or 'Tanks', so a memorable but identifyable alternative needs to be thought up.