Stoudson Corporation Wiki

Mandatory reading. This forum contains the rules and regulations and announcements about any changes to the forums or site. Only the staff may create threads, but anyone else can reply to discuss.
GoldStar611
BlackSect Creator
BlackSect Creator

Re: Stoudson Corporation Wiki

Post by GoldStar611 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:40 pm

It's a good start. I'd like to see it look a bit more like Wikipedia's entries with the table on the right and the text, contents on the left
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chromium
Oh and it would be really cool to add a wireframe image of each vehicle too, although I seem to be the only one with the know-how to do that right now.

Your current entries look good, it wouldn't be too hard to change the black background to transparent (alpha) I think, but would take time

leftylink
Useless Bystander Admin
Useless Bystander Admin

Post by leftylink » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:55 am

GoldStar611 wrote:It's a good start. I'd like to see it look a bit more like Wikipedia's entries with the table on the right and the text, contents on the left
The point was that it was not possible to do so with the limited wiki markup. A plugin might be needed. That's why Ihgzial asked for a plugin. If you'd like to find one and install one, be my guest (and you can ask me if you need help). If not, I'll install it when I have some downtime--I'm quite busy these days.
GoldStar611 wrote:Your current entries look good, it wouldn't be too hard to change the black background to transparent (alpha) I think, but would take time
Agreed. GIMP (or Photoshop, for those of us who are rich) can probably do some contour selection-thingy to select just the vehicle. Add an alpha channel, invert selection, delete selection, and there you have it. (Protip: memorize the keyboard sequence to do so, cause you're probably doing it for a lot of images)

That, or you could just take all the forum "rank" images that are already there. But these are of sometimes-questionable quality.
~Leftylink, the former Useless Bystander Admin.
Retired from UA since university. May play again someday...

"SERP RUSH KEKEKEKEKEKEKEKE!!!"
"OMG I SAID NO RUSH 15 MINS!!!!!!" *dies*

Proud creator of the Urban Assault Campaign Guides [Resistance] [Ghorkov] [Taerkasten], the Urban Assault LDF Reader, and the Excel maps

Ihgzial
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Ihgzial » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:30 am

Yes, I had hoped it didn't need any plugins, but there is no way to align tables at the moment. I don't know if the previous links I gave are any good, but they may be a good start.

And about the images, its fine, I can do them all, but I have bugger all time right now.

Darth_Cthulhu
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Darth_Cthulhu » Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:41 am

I've already made all resistance and ghorkovs units based on official and lefty's descriptions. Feel free to convert'em to your style.
C++ developer. Failed to learn OGRE and worked in gamedev. Alcoholic and chain-smoker.

Ihgzial
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Ihgzial » Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:11 pm

Yeah, I have seen. I will see what I can do with them. I have still got one exam left, and I need to wait to find out if those plugins do the trick or not, but they appear to have a good frame to work with.

Edit: I have completed a prototype for it, although without any of the coolness of formatting and stuff. It can be located in my 'Playground' section.

MarcOlle
Bugged Ostwind?
Bugged Ostwind?

Post by MarcOlle » Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:58 pm

The page looks great, with all new vehicles information the wiki is a lot better...

But know is disorganized and it is sucks to search on lateral index...
I don't know how install plug and stuff but i see this: PageMove...
This plugin works to move namespaces to a new place, and the wiki need this now, because is a lot of information on lateral index...

I believe the leftylink can do it for all community! (I hope)
Trying to do a comeback...
://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd333/pete_kaboom/SulgogarsUB2.png[/img]
________________________________________________________________________________________
Fra6160 at 29/Apr/2009 wrote:In 2011 we'll discover the plasma creation :D
And still we have not discovered the plasma creation...

leftylink
Useless Bystander Admin
Useless Bystander Admin

Post by leftylink » Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:22 pm

Actually, all you need to do is create a new navigation page that will appear on the left.
Please edit http://www.metropolisdawn.com/wiki/navigation to control what appears on the navigation sidebar thingy.

We don't need namespace separation... yet.

Proud creator of the Urban Assault Campaign Guides [Resistance] [Ghorkov] [Taerkasten], the Urban Assault LDF Reader, and the Excel maps

MarcOlle
Bugged Ostwind?
Bugged Ostwind?

Post by MarcOlle » Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:42 pm

But how we'll change the namespaces of all vehicles to the new navigation?

This need the PageMove, don't?
Trying to do a comeback...
://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd333/pete_kaboom/SulgogarsUB2.png[/img]
________________________________________________________________________________________
Fra6160 at 29/Apr/2009 wrote:In 2011 we'll discover the plasma creation :D
And still we have not discovered the plasma creation...

leftylink
Useless Bystander Admin
Useless Bystander Admin

Post by leftylink » Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:34 am

No. You can add them to the navigation bar whenever you like. Just link to them. No namespace changes needed.

leftylink
Useless Bystander Admin
Useless Bystander Admin

Post by leftylink » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:27 am

Ihgzial wrote:Yeah, I have seen. I will see what I can do with them. I have still got one exam left, and I need to wait to find out if those plugins do the trick or not, but they appear to have a good frame to work with.

Edit: I have completed a prototype for it, although without any of the coolness of formatting and stuff. It can be located in my 'Playground' section.
Yeah, I scoured the DokuWiki syntax and there's nothing that will apply the CSS attribute "float:right" to an object. So I grabbed the sidenote plugin (some modifications were needed.)
<side> centers an object, <side left> puts something on the left and lets text flow past it, <side right> does the same thing on the right. </side> ends any of the above boxes.

Please take a look at the Dragonfly section of the playground to voice your approval or disapproval of the info box. I also templatized it so that it's easy to copy/paste, and so that we can change all the vehicle templates at once if we ever need to.

EDIT: Template is at http://www.metropolisdawn.com/wiki/template:unitbox