Veterans

Mandatory reading. This forum contains the rules and regulations and announcements about any changes to the forums or site. Only the staff may create threads, but anyone else can reply to discuss.
leftylink
Useless Bystander Admin
Useless Bystander Admin

Veterans

Post by leftylink » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:08 am

I'm pretty sure that certain forumgoers have noticed that some of our members run around with a cool orange name and a rank called "Veteran". Some people may have questions on exactly what this group is and how to join it. To explain this, I will first paste this from the description of the Veteran group.
The rank of veteran is reserved for long-standing contributing members of the community and former staff members. They have exemplified superior qualities as members. They have displayed proper and courteous behavior on the Stoudson Corporation forums and are senior members. Veterans get slight perks such as the ability to close their own topics. Please note that there is no set timeframe for becoming a veteran... you'll become one when the time comes.
As alluded to in this description, the decision to make a member a Veteran is discussed by the staff after either a staff member or an existing Veteran recommends another member, either formally or informally. We will consider this user's contributions and length of time on the forums, dating back to the UAHQ days. If, based on the criterion, we decide that the member is worthy of the Veteran title, it is then awarded to him/her. The Veterans get small perks on the forum and definitely are role models to be looked up to and respected, but otherwise remember, they're members of this community, just like everyone else.

I mean for this group to be a designation to set apart those members who have contributed to the UA community in a meaningful way. There isn't a set time you have to be a member, or a set post count you have to achieve, to become a Veteran. Spamming the forums with 5000 random posts isn't what makes you a Veteran. The Veteran group is to honor the intangibles, the things that can't be deduced from post counts or length of membership. It is here to thank our long-standing contributors.

That said, we have four veterans here who are members hailing back from the old UAHQ days. Please give them a warm welcome...
Bronsteijn24k
Quadda25
N3cr0n0mIV
TigerHawk71

We also thank our retired staff members for their service by allowing them to join the veterans as well. Our gratitude goes to:
Amazigh (Al-Khabir, founder of the Stoudson Corporation forums; Admin May 2007 - Feb 2008)
O Y ME (Moderator May 2007 - July 2007; Admin August 2007 - June 2009)
Fra6160 (Admin May 2007 - Feb 2008; Moderator March 2008 - March 2010)
~Leftylink, the former Useless Bystander Admin.
Retired from UA since university. May play again someday...

"SERP RUSH KEKEKEKEKEKEKEKE!!!"
"OMG I SAID NO RUSH 15 MINS!!!!!!" *dies*

Proud creator of the Urban Assault Campaign Guides [Resistance] [Ghorkov] [Taerkasten], the Urban Assault LDF Reader, and the Excel maps

Happy_Hereford
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Re: Veterans

Post by Happy_Hereford » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:44 am

Yay! (cheers) :!: :!: :!: :!:

Ladies and gentlemen, HEATHER MORRIS

leftylink
Useless Bystander Admin
Useless Bystander Admin

Post by leftylink » Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:36 am

I actually forgot GoldStar611 for a while, but he's actually special because he's the owner of this site, so he actually gets the Webmaster / Flying Fortress image...

Proud creator of the Urban Assault Campaign Guides [Resistance] [Ghorkov] [Taerkasten], the Urban Assault LDF Reader, and the Excel maps

leftylink
Useless Bystander Admin
Useless Bystander Admin

Post by leftylink » Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:54 am

Please welcome TigerHawk71 to the Veterans group. He was a moderator on UAHQ and has done some very cool stuff with unit modifications.

leftylink
Useless Bystander Admin
Useless Bystander Admin

Post by leftylink » Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:11 am

Now that we've moved and have settled in, let me talk about one more Veteran - Amazigh, also known as Al-Khabir. He is responsible for founding the forums that became known as the Stoudson Corporation. Sometime before our first move/upgrade from phpBB2 to phpBB3, he no longer was able to continue serving as founder, so I have since taken the reins for him, but we welcome him warmly as a Veteran.

GoldStar611
BlackSect Creator
BlackSect Creator

Post by GoldStar611 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:57 pm

leftylink wrote:I actually forgot GoldStar611 for a while, but he's actually special because he's the owner of this site, so he actually gets the Webmaster / Flying Fortress image...
Hehe, I've actually been with the UAHQ since we were able to upload files there. My old name was axf, and I hardly said too much there. Thanks for all the help lefty :) It is much appreciated. Welcome back Al-Khabir :) Good to have you along our journey

Amazigh
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Amazigh » Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:03 pm

Well, I couldn't just leave you all could I? It's good to be back anyway.
://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t318/Al-Khabir/BioShock.png[/img]
The True Al-Khabir

The Leonid Guy
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by The Leonid Guy » Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:21 pm

Nice to hear from you again.
://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t318/Al-Khabir/UrbanAssaultSig5.gif[/img]