Greetings, one and all

New here? Introduce yourself to all the fellow Urban Assault players here! (Post counts do not increase in this forum)
cledco

Greetings, one and all

Post by cledco » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:34 am

I can't be sure whether or not I've come across this place before, but I suppose it was inevitable considering how long I've been playing this game. It must have been 1999 or 2000 when my mother purchased the Rise of Rome expansion for the original Age of Empires as a gift for my father without realizing that, in order to play an expansion, one needed the original game. Fortunately for me the installation disc came with a nice little bundle of demos, including Urban Assault, which despite its limitations provided me (as well as a few friends) with many hours of entertainment and frustration. I did not have the pleasure of playing the full game until about 2006 when I finally tracked down a copy on eBay. After beating it the once, I've played about halfway through the campaign every time I've had to replace my computer since then. I have not yet had the chance to play the Ghorkov or Taerkasten campaigns but I'll try to find the time before the end of the year. Hopefully, once I've brushed up on my technique, one of y'all will be so gracious as to kick my ass in multiplayer and take me on a short vacation 15 years into the past. I look forward to finding my place here, whatever that might be.

Ormu
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Re: Greetings, one and all

Post by Ormu » Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:37 pm

Welcome! :)
Matthew Lever wrote:Take out Ormus as soon as you see them.
UA community Discord channel: https://discord.gg/7H4dFQH
Not all Ormus are mine. When in doubt, please ask...

LloydJara
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Re: Greetings, one and all

Post by LloydJara » Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:59 am

Yo! Welcome to our forums cledco. Hope you "find your place" here. :)
UA Frontier: The Return of The Resistance Mod - Currently on Hiatus
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Slow but Deadly.. We are the Taerkastens