Hello all! Stumbled across this forum...

New here? Introduce yourself to all the fellow Urban Assault players here! (Post counts do not increase in this forum)
vonghorkov
Little Brother
Little Brother

Hello all! Stumbled across this forum...

Post by vonghorkov » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:22 am

Actually, I was cleaning an old closet, and at the bottom I found the old "Urban Assault: inside moves" - the official Tips and Strategy Guide from Microsoft Press. Which again led to som nostagic thought about how cool this game was. Spent a lot of time playing this game back in the previous millennium.....

So I thought I should see what had become of the game and stumbled across this forum. Nice work guys, keeping a good game alive! I need to check the forums and see if it is possible to get the old game up and running again....

CharlotteLabyrinth
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Re: Hello all! Stumbled across this forum...

Post by CharlotteLabyrinth » Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:08 pm

Hello vonghorkov, welcome to Stoudson Corporation! :D
vonghorkov wrote:Actually, I was cleaning an old closet, and at the bottom I found the old "Urban Assault: inside moves" - the official Tips and Strategy Guide from Microsoft Press. Which again led to som nostagic thought about how cool this game was. Spent a lot of time playing this game back in the previous millennium.....

So I thought I should see what had become of the game and stumbled across this forum. Nice work guys, keeping a good game alive! I need to check the forums and see if it is possible to get the old game up and running again....
I also possess a pair of the same book you have mentioned, which I bought from Amazon many years ago. It's one of the few surviving vestiges of this wonderful game. I hope you enjoy your stay here and if you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask others!
;----------------------------------------------------------
;
; Vielleicht der niedlichste Hubi, Knuddel.
;
;----------------------------------------------------------

Personal Declaration: I always use different usernames across different websites. Hence if you ever see my username is being used outside of Stoudson Corporation, I absolutely have no affiliation whatsoever with that!

MarioSDU6/SDU7
Slime Lord
Slime Lord

Post by MarioSDU6/SDU7 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:10 am

vonghorkov wrote:So I thought I should see what had become of the game and stumbled across this forum. Nice work guys, keeping a good game alive! I need to check the forums and see if it is possible to get the old game up and running again....
Sorry if I delayed on sending your greetings to your forums. My mind isn't always focused on everything, but anyway...

I played UA's demo since 2000, it came included on the CD of "The Ultimate House of Games 2000" (and its prequel version). I didn't play UA full version (and its original expansion) until 2009, when I discovered these forums. ;)

We do our best, I'm not actually close to finish the 1.2.03 Beta, and I delayed much more with submitting the vid of the 1.2.01 Beta because it somehow doesn't compress well. By the way, do you always tried to play UA on multiplayer? Not all players would like to play on Multiplayer, but several people wish to play on Multiplayer at least once on their life. Sorry if I said that :ninja: , but anyway, welcome to the forums! :)
Intense Mod progress (it includes tests):
Resistance 100% done
Demo version uncertain fate
New Ghorkov and Taerkasten 100% done

Factions of choice: Resistance, Ghorkovs, Taerkastens

vonghorkov
Little Brother
Little Brother

Post by vonghorkov » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:08 pm

Quick update - downloaded game - now up and running! Ah - it's all coming back to me now....

The Leonid Guy
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by The Leonid Guy » Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:45 pm

Ah, it's nice to reacquaint yourself with a good gem like UA :)
://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t318/Al-Khabir/UrbanAssaultSig5.gif[/img]