It's good to reminisce about good ol' UA (Hello Everyone!)

New here? Introduce yourself to all the fellow Urban Assault players here! (Post counts do not increase in this forum)
Sebastopol85
Little Brother
Little Brother

It's good to reminisce about good ol' UA (Hello Everyone!)

Post by Sebastopol85 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:08 am

Ah... So, soooo long out of the box with this ahead of time design of a game UA is... It just doesn't get old for me, it has such an appealing atmosphere... Ah the memories...

Allright enough nostalgia! Hello fellow people of the stoudson corp. and the good ol' UAHQ from which I know this forum! I can't tell you all who the hell I was back in the early days of UAHQ because it was such a long time ago I just can't remember well which nickname I used. Nevertheless, I've been an avid follower of this place and UAHQ for years of course, following my "path of the modder" motto, back in 1999 when I got my hands on my very own copy of this beloved game, which I just took all the juice from obviously. Years passed and by the time there was this boom with modding just every damn game it came through my hands (Being AOE2, C&C and UA the best to mess up with) so a little google search was to be done and happily I found a niche of UA modders back in the day. Ha! It was such a tiny and new community I was so thrilled to share and learn about modding the corners of this gem of a game. I remember modding the hell out of the demo I had before an extensive search to find the retail game to see if I could unlock all those delicious units the original game had and the demo got inside there hidden, even Mykonians had some different models and if I remember well also the old Resistance Jaguar (wich was like an older brother of the Weasel, only bigger and beefed up), yeah those were the days, it has gotten so big since then, with the source code free and MD in the database (god how I LOVE Metropolis Dawn), and all these lot of experimenting and mods and people working with the source code (the heli bug fix, the understanding of BAS files, the textures, models, etc.) It's really good to be back. I already have some corrections to add to the Wiki from personal experience about some tags of vehicle modding, etc.

In resume, it's good to be back. Man i'm old hahaha :lol: sorry for the long post :geek:
:ugeek: Old Microsoft Games player :ugeek:

Ormu
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Re: It's good to reminisce about good ol' UA (Hello Everyone!)

Post by Ormu » Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:03 am

Welcome. :P
Matthew Lever wrote:Take out Ormus as soon as you see them.
UA community Discord channel: https://discord.gg/7H4dFQH
Not all Ormus are mine. When in doubt, please ask...

MarioSDU6/SDU7
Slime Lord
Slime Lord

Post by MarioSDU6/SDU7 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:55 am

Sebastopol85 wrote:Ah... So, soooo long out of the box with this ahead of time design of a game UA is... It just doesn't get old for me, it has such an appealing atmosphere... Ah the memories...

Allright enough nostalgia! Hello fellow people of the stoudson corp. and the good ol' UAHQ from which I know this forum! I can't tell you all who the hell I was back in the early days of UAHQ because it was such a long time ago I just can't remember well which nickname I used. Nevertheless, I've been an avid follower of this place and UAHQ for years of course, following my "path of the modder" motto, back in 1999 when I got my hands on my very own copy of this beloved game, which I just took all the juice from obviously. Years passed and by the time there was this boom with modding just every damn game it came through my hands (Being AOE2, C&C and UA the best to mess up with) so a little google search was to be done and happily I found a niche of UA modders back in the day. Ha! It was such a tiny and new community I was so thrilled to share and learn about modding the corners of this gem of a game. I remember modding the hell out of the demo I had before an extensive search to find the retail game to see if I could unlock all those delicious units the original game had and the demo got inside there hidden, even Mykonians had some different models and if I remember well also the old Resistance Jaguar (wich was like an older brother of the Weasel, only bigger and beefed up), yeah those were the days, it has gotten so big since then, with the source code free and MD in the database (god how I LOVE Metropolis Dawn), and all these lot of experimenting and mods and people working with the source code (the heli bug fix, the understanding of BAS files, the textures, models, etc.) It's really good to be back. I already have some corrections to add to the Wiki from personal experience about some tags of vehicle modding, etc.

In resume, it's good to be back. Man i'm old hahaha :lol: sorry for the long post :geek:
No te preocupes, hay algunos que también ponen mucho comentario en un sólo post, como yo. :lol: Igual, es un gusto conocerte, welcome to the new UA forums! o "bienvenidos a los nuevos foros de UA!" ;) Yo también hablo español, lo sé porque ví que eras de Colombia.

Las cosas cómo han cambiado, pero bueno, esperemos que el proyecto de Zidane nos ayude exponencialmente en esto, yo por ahora estoy por mi cuenta con unos amigos mios de Latinoamerica que juegan también UA probando los factores de balance y eso, bueno, aquí está el grupo de Facebook de UA (está en cualquier idioma):
https://www.facebook.com/groups/5850341 ... 3636551446

Por último, te mandé un PM desde los foros (no por email), esperemos que todo salga bien. ;) Well, I hope you enjoy the new forums, since you came from the old UAHQ forums.
Intense Mod progress (it includes tests):
Resistance 100% done
Demo version uncertain fate
New Ghorkov and Taerkasten 100% done

Factions of choice: Resistance, Ghorkovs, Taerkastens

CharlotteLabyrinth
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by CharlotteLabyrinth » Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:55 am

Hello and welcome to Stoudson Corporation, Sebastopol85! :D

It almost feels miraculous to meet a member from the UAHQ era (That is a very long time ago... right?) nowadays. Even after all these years, UA still withstand the test of time. There is something simply irreplaceable about this transcendental game.
;----------------------------------------------------------
;
; Vielleicht der niedlichste Hubi, Knuddel.
;
;----------------------------------------------------------

Personal Declaration: I always use different usernames across different websites. Hence if you ever see my username is being used outside of Stoudson Corporation, I absolutely have no affiliation whatsoever with that!

LloydJara
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by LloydJara » Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:31 pm

I will do just like Mario and talk in Spanish as im too lazy to write in English right now.

He estado un poco ausente de los foros ultimamente pero aun estoy activo en esta comunidad por GR (y obviamente jugando UA multi por ahi) y FB. Bienvenido a Stoudson Corporation. Creo que MarioSDU6/SDU7 (SDUX) quiza ya te hablo de mi, y si no, el ya me conto de ti. Yo estaba al tanto de que te habias registrado y tal, pero igual deseaba darte la bienvenida personalmente
UA Frontier: The Return of The Resistance Mod - Currently on Hiatus
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Slow but Deadly.. We are the Taerkastens