How i Found the Forums and how the [UA Merc.] were born

New here? Introduce yourself to all the fellow Urban Assault players here! (Post counts do not increase in this forum)
LloydJara
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

How i Found the Forums and how the [UA Merc.] were born

Post by LloydJara » Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:35 pm

Back then when i joined the Forums (August 2014 - viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1493 ) i introduced me but i forgot to say how i found this forum.For those who like to know how a user ends up on a Forum.

I dont know where this topic may fit so Ormu told me to put it on Introductions because there is a Forum History post from leftylink here.
If Thomas or GoldStar want to move it to the proper place its ok
:)

I started to play UA Trial back then on 2005-2006 or so,mostly because UA Trial was part of the "Age of Empires: The Rise of Rome Expansion" CD Sample´s Exe. (I mean a executable on the CD called Sample that included several demos from different games as well as beta content about "Age of Empires II: The Age of Kings")

I played UA Trial until 2008-2009 where Habbo,Dofus and Age of Empires turned into my main priorities and ways to distract myself.Im sure i got the Full Version by this time but i couldn´t progress further than the first few levels without Cheating so i unistalled it later (I couldnt beat Sturmfront on the Demo Version as well).

On 2012 i joined an online Game called "Forge of Empires" and i was addict to it but i stopped playing shortly after to focus on School.

Everybody knows English is not my native Language because im from Chile and that´s why i joined "Fortaleza Reznor", a SMW Hacking Forum in Spanish so i could learn to make SMW Hacks because SMW Central is on English and back then my English was not that good (Right now its not 100% acurrate but its way better than before).But i was a really annoying child back then (Joined when i was 12 years old on December 2011) so i got banned on December 2013 for a month (I was 14 years old).

On 2014 i re-joined "Forge of Empires" so i could deal with my ban and change (Through i re-joined Reznor on May 2014 and now im a quite active user
;) ).There i found a user called "yamazaky" that is one year older than me,we became good friends.
Aside from FoE i started to play UA again as well as "Age of Empires" and "Age of Empires II".

During 2014,after my ban expired i was talking with my friend Helena ("Thug_Duck") about Age and she told me there was another online platform aside from Voobly that supported both Age I and Age II, called GameRanger.So i joined GameRanger with the Username i commonly use on Internet (LloydJara) and i noticed that UA is playable on GR so i had the idea to bring FoE people to GameRanger so we could play UA.
I quickly asked "yamazaky" if he wanted to try UA,he agreed and joined GameRanger with the nickname "NOTORIUS"
(Currently "[UA Merc.] NOTORIUS")."Babyblas" joined us shortly after.

I used to watch a lot MarioSDUX´s videos but i through he was no longer active because his lastest 1.05.09 patch video was recorded a long time ago.But one day after i won v/s yamazaky (NOTORIUS),MarioSDUX talked to me,i have to recognize that at first i was exited because i knew he is a really strong player and fighting him would be an honor.He introduced me to UA Multiplayer as well as the small comunnity that plays UA on GameRanger.

Shortly after i discovered Stoudson Corporation.......but i didnt joined until August 2014..... :lol:
And after discovering this place i started learning how to mod UA,so i could make a mod someday (As of March 2015 im developing "The Return of the Resistance Mod")

During September 2014 i had the last match vs "Babyblas" before she dissapeared from both FoE and GameRanger,"NOTORIUS" was too busy to keep playing UA as well so i was alone...And i started to train vs other players and thus my rivalry with "[UA-Br]Nathankiller" , my eternal rival, was born.

By the end of 2014 everything was good,my relationship with the users from Fortaleza Reznor was better and i was stronger at UA."NOTORIUS" made a comeback shortly after as well as bringing Katherine ("[UA Merc.] Katherine") to UA,former FoE player and one of my best friends.
Then the [UA Crew] (Old name for the UA Mercenaries) was born.

But some personal problems with yamazaky ("NOTORIUS") during 2015 made Katherine stop playing UA...... :cry: and to re-start the UA Group the "UA Mercenaries" ([UA Merc.] for short) were born.Katherine joined the Mercenaries a few moths after.

As of June 2015 the UA Mercenaries accepted a new member that never played FoE, Stephan aka "[Ua Merc.] StrandedThing" :) :)
And the Mercenaries group may get bigger and bigger....
UA Frontier: The Return of The Resistance Mod - Currently on Hiatus
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Slow but Deadly.. We are the Taerkastens

Grim0x
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Re: How i Found the Forums and how the [UA Merc.] were born

Post by Grim0x » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:31 pm

LloydJara wrote: I started to play UA Trial back then on 2005-2006 or so,mostly because UA Trial was part of the "Age of Empires: The Rise of Rome Expansion" CD Sample´s Exe. (I mean a executable on the CD called Sample that included several demos from different games as well as beta content about "Age of Empires II: The Age of Kings")
Oh the memories!

If I'm not mistaken I had that very CD with those playable demos AND the preview of AOE2 (which seemed so amazing @ the time) (still set itself apart).

Thank you for sharing your history and let me re-extend your Welcome to UA forums.
This place is mostly nostalgia for me as I am not an active UA player. Still it warms my heart somehow to find people around the world either remembering/engaging in the game. I will hunt for gameplay again soon too.

UA is in its own class as an RTS - I hope we can play together soon ^_^
'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''%'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''Image''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''%''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
I have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal savior. If you have too and you aren't afraid to say it, copy and paste this into your signature