A Modding Tutorial

Do you have any feedback for us? Are you looking for a file that you think we should post? Please don't hesitate to tell us about it!
Inner Loop
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Re: A Modding Tutorial

Post by Inner Loop » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:44 am

MarcOlle wrote:
Inner Loop wrote: - where all the units and buildings are available for creation for each faction
It means you want a map with the factions with all of their units, or a map with all factions with all units?

Because I can make one for you just make some adjustements in a multiplayer map.... :woah:
Would be nice, but I'm currently only looking for singleplayer maps, multiplayer section doesn't even work here (gently caress know what reason), just get a blank screen when I click the multiplayer tab, so singleplayer maps (& mappers) is what I'm looking for atm.

Anyone who can make them (the way I want them), will become my biggest idol for my entire life.

Inner Loop
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Inner Loop » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:50 am

Thomas Fredson wrote:
Inner loop wrote:
I thought Thomas Fredson was a mapper aswell? a multiplayer mapper? (I guess that might be a different thing, but still...)
Indeed, I am (still) a MP map modder, and I can teach you how to make a map. But it will be for multiplayer, cause there are some things that I don't get clearly yet... But I'm absolutly able to do what you want Loop... I think I can do before the next week end. Just tell me which misson you'd like to replace and I'll do it for you ;-)
I really really appreciate your effort, but I'm currently only looking for singleplayer maps, as you'll read above, multiplayer doesn't even work on my system (some strange kind of bug, prob caused by one of the editing tools), so having custom multiplayer maps will be useless atm. But thanks anyway, man! Really appreciate it!

Thomas Fredson
Emperor of the Mykonians (Veteran)

Post by Thomas Fredson » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:19 am

What I was meaning is that I am able to do a SINGLE PLAYER map with what you want. It's in my possibilities. just telle which mission you want to replace and I'll do it ;)

ps: AI doesn't even work in MP....
://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd333/pete_kaboom/MykoniansUB1.png[/img]
://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd333/pete_kaboom/MykoniansUB2.png[/img]
://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t318/Al-Khabir/UrbanAssaultSig4.gif[/img]

Also administrator of UAFr Board

The Big Mistake album in progress! (ABORTED)

Inner Loop
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Inner Loop » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:02 pm

Thomas Fredson wrote:What I was meaning is that I am able to do a SINGLE PLAYER map with what you want. It's in my possibilities. just telle which mission you want to replace and I'll do it ;)

ps: AI doesn't even work in MP....
Ah man, that's awesome, really awesome, I must have misread your previous posts then, yeah I'm really appreciating this! Tell you what, why don't you start with a replacement of the map "surprise ?", I would really love it, can you do technology upgrade sectors aswell? Why don't you chuck in some random vehicles from other factions into the upgrade sectors, that would give the match a bit of a surprise factor (if it's possible for you, you can leave it if it gets too difficult for you...).

So if you read my previous posts, this is how I like it:
Inner Loop wrote:I personally need a map:

- where I can fight all the factions' host stations (Including the Drones & Black Sect)
- where all the units and buildings are available for creation for each faction
- where the host stations are located close(r) to eachother (small map maybe?)
- where the enemies are technically tougher than I am
I'd like a bit of randomness thrown into the map, like I said before, a bit of a surprise factor, gently caress, I'm gonna love this... :D, thank you for this! ;)

MarcOlle
Bugged Ostwind?
Bugged Ostwind?

Post by MarcOlle » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:11 pm

I can do a map for you like this, but I need to know...

Exists some problem to this map looks like a multiplayer map?

It isn't a MP, is a Campaing Map, so you can play it aswell...
Trying to do a comeback...
://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd333/pete_kaboom/SulgogarsUB2.png[/img]
________________________________________________________________________________________
Fra6160 at 29/Apr/2009 wrote:In 2011 we'll discover the plasma creation :D
And still we have not discovered the plasma creation...

Thomas Fredson

Post by Thomas Fredson » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:17 pm

I cannot make a randomisation unfortunatly, because on 7 x64 the random doesn't seem to work properly... :(
but i can make a map with, let's say, 10*10 sectors with 7 HS. 1 from each faction. I will try to mod them to be as tough as possible.
I'm not sure that sulg are able to build by themselves, but I'll try ;)

I will try to do it before the next week end, but it's not sure, as I got a lot of work to do elsewhere...
://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd333/pete_kaboom/MykoniansUB1.png[/img]
://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd333/pete_kaboom/MykoniansUB2.png[/img]
://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t318/Al-Khabir/UrbanAssaultSig4.gif[/img]

Also administrator of UAFr Board

The Big Mistake album in progress! (ABORTED)

Inner Loop
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Inner Loop » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:49 pm

MarcOlle wrote: Exists some problem to this map looks like a multiplayer map?
Sorry, don't want to sound like a douche, but I can't seem to make anything out of that line...
Can you please rephrase it? Explain it in other words? I'm reading it for minutes now and I still can't figure out what you mean with it.

Inner Loop
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Inner Loop » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:53 pm

Thomas Fredson wrote:I cannot make a randomisation unfortunatly, because on 7 x64 the random doesn't seem to work properly... :(
but i can make a map with, let's say, 10*10 sectors with 7 HS. 1 from each faction. I will try to mod them to be as tough as possible.
I'm not sure that sulg are able to build by themselves, but I'll try ;)

I will try to do it before the next week end, but it's not sure, as I got a lot of work to do elsewhere...
Dunno, just try to make it original and make it have all the features (or most) I've specified (except the randomisation thing) if it's possible, try to make it intense and unique.

MarcOlle
Bugged Ostwind?
Bugged Ostwind?

Post by MarcOlle » Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:19 pm

Inner Loop wrote:
MarcOlle wrote: Exists some problem to this map looks like a multiplayer map?
Sorry, don't want to sound like a douche, but I can't seem to make anything out of that line...
Can you please rephrase it? Explain it in other words? I'm reading it for minutes now and I still can't figure out what you mean with it.
Well ... :roll:

I modify a Multiplayer map to make this work in a Single player map and make some edits to it support 6 HS...
That is what you want?
Trying to do a comeback...
://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd333/pete_kaboom/SulgogarsUB2.png[/img]
________________________________________________________________________________________
Fra6160 at 29/Apr/2009 wrote:In 2011 we'll discover the plasma creation :D
And still we have not discovered the plasma creation...

garry's waffle
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by garry's waffle » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:34 pm

pick me on this.

I can make a clearly new map for you and give any sector info to me.