Please Re-open MD FTP

Do you have any feedback for us? Are you looking for a file that you think we should post? Please don't hesitate to tell us about it!
teuzzz
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Please Re-open MD FTP

Post by teuzzz » Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:03 pm

Hello
I want to make a request to the administrator of this forum: can please you re-open the FTP at this addres?

http://www.metropolisdawn.com/files/

Because there are some modders like me and other that want to have a personal space on the site, so we can upload, keep visibile and update our mods at MD FTP.

This will be a good opportunity for us to upload Urban Assault related stuff on Ftp and not at random file hosting, so the other interested users can see them.

Ps: Talking in our discord server, i'm not the only one that want to have a personal space on ftp to upload our mods.

Waiting for and answer

TeuZzZ

CharlotteLabyrinth
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Re: Please Re-open MD FTP

Post by CharlotteLabyrinth » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:03 pm

Hello TeuZzZ,

The full access to Metropolis Dawn FTP is currently limited due to security reasons. However, users that do not belong to 'FileAdmins' group can still upload (large) files into 'INCOMING' directory (which is public domain) via connecting through the FTP client software (FileZilla).

Please see this thread for more information: http://forums.metropolisdawn.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5

Once uploaded, GoldStar611 or I should be able to manually move your (and others') files into the respective personal folders. But it is GoldStar611's authority to decide whether to open the file repositories to public or not.

He should be able to provide you with a better input regarding the FTP server access. Meanwhile I have created your own personal folder first, so please let us know if you have uploaded your mod files for a displacement.
;----------------------------------------------------------
;
; Vielleicht der niedlichste Hubi, Knuddel.
;
;----------------------------------------------------------

Personal Declaration: I always use different usernames across different websites. Hence if you ever see my username is being used outside of Stoudson Corporation, I absolutely have no affiliation whatsoever with that!

teuzzz
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by teuzzz » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:41 pm

Well i see my personal space now on ftp, thank you very much for the info Charlotte, my big relase is coming :) problem solved.

GoldStar611
BlackSect Creator
BlackSect Creator

Post by GoldStar611 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:26 am

Hu Teuzzz (and everyone here and on discord too!)

I do not have any problem with creating special username/passwords which point directly into ftp.metropolisdawn.com/personal/<username>

Please send me a private message and so we can set up something.

Ormu
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Ormu » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:29 pm

GoldStar611 wrote:Hu Teuzzz (and everyone here and on discord too!)

I do not have any problem with creating special username/passwords which point directly into ftp.metropolisdawn.com/personal/<username>

Please send me a private message and so we can set up something.
This sounds really good if you can do it safely.
Matthew Lever wrote:Take out Ormus as soon as you see them.
UA community Discord channel: https://discord.gg/7H4dFQH
Not all Ormus are mine. When in doubt, please ask...