Petition/ask for a release on Steam?

Do you have any feedback for us? Are you looking for a file that you think we should post? Please don't hesitate to tell us about it!
Keitan14
Firefly
Firefly

Petition/ask for a release on Steam?

Post by Keitan14 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:21 am

Hey folks! Keitan here. Haven't been on in forever, sorry, but I really miss this game. To that end, I have attempted to contact both Microsoft and the company who bought the original developer, to no success yet. So I had the idea to create a forum on Steam about this game, and asking for assistance in promoting the idea of this game getting released on Steam! If it were done, it could have all the mods you brilliant folks have made in Workshop, have easy internet play, and MAYBE even get Microsoft's attention about their long-gone game.

But, I need your help! I am just one man, but we have hundreds of people in this community here, and if we all banded together on Steam to get this game out there, just think of how many more people could fall in love with it? Age of Empires, Age of Mythology, and other Microsoft games are on Steam, and Phantom Dust( a long dead xbox game) is getting a reboot. Heck, even Battlefront is coming back. So why not our beloved UA? If we work together, we could move beyond our little fanbase here, and grow into something much much more.

So please, fellow fans, help me in this venture.
The discussion is "Urban Assault on Steam" in the suggestions forum.

Thank you, Resistance.
Keitan.

GoldStar611
BlackSect Creator
BlackSect Creator

Re: Petition/ask for a release on Steam?

Post by GoldStar611 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:14 am

You should post a link here. I have a steam account. It would be nice to see UA up there

Keitan14
Firefly
Firefly

Post by Keitan14 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:11 am

Here is the link! Please help me get this game on Steam, perhaps then there will be attention paid again to our beloved UA, and Microsoft would make a sequel. Phantom Dust came back, AOE came back, Rise of Nations came back, why can't UA?
http://steamcommunity.com/discussions/f ... 940358712/

MarioSDU6/SDU7
Slime Lord
Slime Lord

Post by MarioSDU6/SDU7 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:47 am

Keitan14 wrote:Here is the link! Please help me get this game on Steam, perhaps then there will be attention paid again to our beloved UA, and Microsoft would make a sequel. Phantom Dust came back, AOE came back, Rise of Nations came back, why can't UA?
http://steamcommunity.com/discussions/f ... 940358712/
Have you already seen the comment that you must ask Microsoft, not Valve? He said to you that "It's up to them (Microsoft) to decide where to sell their games."
And Captain Zanzei said that he "has yet to get ahold of Microsoft, and there's no email or way to easily ask them"

Maybe if you ask Valve corp to ask Microsoft to add their game (Urban Assault complete version) that is abandonware (and therefore it should be either cheaper, free, or the Valve's price), and let mods for UA multiplayer to be used on Steam, it would work?
Intense Mod progress (it includes tests):
Resistance 100% done
Demo version uncertain fate
New Ghorkov and Taerkasten 100% done

Factions of choice: Resistance, Ghorkovs, Taerkastens

Ormu
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Ormu » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:09 pm

Good luck. You will need it...

I'm rather sceptical about getting UA to Steam as it would require money and effort which Microsoft doesn't want to spend on outdated stuff which was never very popular. Of course it would be nice to have UA there, especially if they did improvements such as support for modern resolutions and revised multiplayer.

Please let us know if you get an answer...
Matthew Lever wrote:Take out Ormus as soon as you see them.
UA community Discord channel: https://discord.gg/7H4dFQH
Not all Ormus are mine. When in doubt, please ask...

Wolfeingmer
Firefly
Firefly

Post by Wolfeingmer » Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:42 pm

hmm releasing the game for steam....is something super imposible...that would require Microsoft to put the game and beh if they havent posted halo 1 and halo 2 (games with a pc port of the conosle) on steam then I guess posting UA is imposible....

Now the only most closest could be MODdb.org but it will be mostly to post the mods of the game which I think is a good idea to post all the good mods of UA, in that page where many people fans or not can see it.

fabriciovic2
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by fabriciovic2 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:13 pm

Maybe Linux Games developers,can hold the cause,but terratools guys can give the green light,Oil rush for example is a RTS 3d for linux,and UA 3d stuff is simple for 3d experts..
i always defended that UA can win a Open Source version,or a 100% free version,or a Sequel,If Steam quits,Linux is the goal...