UA units name meaning

For general topics about Urban Assault and any Urban Assault-related topic that doesn't fit anywhere else. If you're not sure, it probably goes in here.
Fra6160
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Re: UA units name meaning

Post by Fra6160 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:31 pm

CharlotteLabyrinth, do you study foreign languages? You seem to know a lot of things about that!
THE FALL OF SDU MOD WORKS IN PROGRESS (16%) - STOPPED - ABANDONED

Download it here: http://www.gamefront.com/files/20703518 ... a+Demo.rar

CharlotteLabyrinth
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by CharlotteLabyrinth » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:04 am

Fra6160 wrote:CharlotteLabyrinth, do you study foreign languages? You seem to know a lot of things about that!
Thank you and yes, studying foreign languages and history in my spare time have been one of my casual hobbies. :P

Although unlike before, I don't have much free time to put into learning a particular language extensively... way too much engrossed with focusing on my university curricula at the moment. When I was very young I lived in many different European countries rather than one, so I can still recognise some basic things in some languages here and there, even if I never formally learnt those specific languages beforehand.
;----------------------------------------------------------
;
; Vielleicht der niedlichste Hubi, Knuddel.
;

Personal Declaration: I always use different usernames across different websites. Hence if you ever see my username is being used outside of Stoudson Corporation, I absolutely have no affiliation whatsoever with that!

Fra6160
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Fra6160 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:23 pm

Oh, that' very nice and interesting!
I study foreign literatures and languages at University (yes, still haven't finished), in my case English and German.
If you like to, we might have sometime an online audio/video chat (same for all of you UA fans). It would be a very good training for me and for you too. If you want, we may write our contacts/emails somewhere.
THE FALL OF SDU MOD WORKS IN PROGRESS (16%) - STOPPED - ABANDONED

Download it here: http://www.gamefront.com/files/20703518 ... a+Demo.rar

CharlotteLabyrinth
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by CharlotteLabyrinth » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:20 pm

I appreciate your suggestions but unfortunately my current schedules do not easily allow me to chat with other people. :(

I'm currently in my final year of MSci degree in Theoretical Physics, and right now it is imperative for me to revise my research projects and finish writing my lab reports and journals ASAP in due time. I haven't performed optimally during my past internship experience due to my bad habit of procrastination combined with sporadic 'avolition' every now and then, so this time I must not let myself to be sidetracked or spend too much time on miscellaneous activities at all cost. :oops:

I am really sorry, and it's a shame because it would be very fun to talk with someone in both English and German... Perhaps we could chat later should there be an opportunity in the future. :mrgreen:

Instead might I suggest that you have a look at UA Discord channel? Although with your post in the another thread I'm pretty certain that you've checked it already... :ninja:

From what I've read in this thread, the Discord channel is apparently more popular and active than the forums now. So you may find more active UA players to chat or even arrange multiplayer matches there. Good luck and I'm happy that you're back here again with us after a long hiatus! :)

(For the record, I'm not on the Discord channel so you will only find me here at the forums. ;) )
;
; Vielleicht der niedlichste Hubi, Knuddel.
;

Personal Declaration: I always use different usernames across different websites. Hence if you ever see my username is being used outside of Stoudson Corporation, I absolutely have no affiliation whatsoever with that!