Modifying game save question

For general topics about Urban Assault and any Urban Assault-related topic that doesn't fit anywhere else. If you're not sure, it probably goes in here.
strages87
Firefly
Firefly

Modifying game save question

Post by strages87 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:23 am

Hey, I just finished beating the game (using the UA:Source version of the game from Zidane), and decided to see how fast I could beat the game after modifying my max energy and recharge rate (basically max them out), but still having to go through the whole campaign like normal, just turbo speed.

I tried editing the user.txt in my SAVE folder for the game, but none of my changes are taking effect. Is this because the UA:Source stores the saves elsewhere, or doesn't support edits whatsoever?

CharlotteLabyrinth
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Re: Modifying game save question

Post by CharlotteLabyrinth » Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:23 pm

Hello strages87,

Currently UA:Source is fully capable of modifying all save file parameters. Please keep in mind that most game data changes (including saves) are applied only after completely restarting the game.

Also while this may sound redundant, please check whether if the file is set to 'Read Only'; and make sure you are modifying the correct user.txt just in case there are multiple user profiles under your SAVE folder. :P

The maximum attainable roboenergy and reloadconst value in user.txt is 2147483647 which is the max 32-bit int value. But normally it is not recommended to set the energy value that high because the game can get buggy.

In the case of maximal host station energy, the three energy bars will be constantly reduced until they reach the stabilised status of ((2^31)-1)/3 for each (as there are three valid types of energy bars).

If the host station life energy bar exceeds the number (2^31)-1 via recharging, it will cause the overflow of the unsigned integer limit and in result will destroy the host station.

Incidentally, the actual in-game recharge rate can be roughly calculated by putting the script value of reload_const as a numerator and the approximate value 235.294 as a denominator.
;----------------------------------------------------------
;
; Vielleicht der niedlichste Hubi, Knuddel.
;
;----------------------------------------------------------

Personal Declaration: I always use different usernames across different websites. Hence if you ever see my username is being used outside of Stoudson Corporation, I absolutely have no affiliation whatsoever with that!

GoldStar611
BlackSect Creator
BlackSect Creator

Re: Modifying game save question

Post by GoldStar611 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:59 pm

Charlotte's post has really good information. The only thing I could possibly add is to delete the *.rst and *.sgm files. Basically only keep around the user text file.