Problems with MSUA not displaying correctly

For general topics about Urban Assault and any Urban Assault-related topic that doesn't fit anywhere else. If you're not sure, it probably goes in here.
strages87
Firefly
Firefly

Problems with MSUA not displaying correctly

Post by strages87 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:57 pm

Hey, I recently reinstalled Urban Assault on my PC, and when I launched it, and go to start a mission, the bottom of the screen is cut off (for example, on the mission briefing screen, the start mission button is hidden). I have tried all the resolutions available for the game, to no avail, and there is not option I can see to run it in windowed mode.

I have also tried running the game with the program "dxwnd" but it crashes every time I try to launch it.

Some info about my setup:

Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Intel i5 4-core 3.2Ghz
nVidia GeForce 950, 2GB
32GB Memory

Game Setttings:

Cinematics disabled
Set to primary display driver (tried both that and software, same issue)
running in 16-bit color mode

Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Ormu
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Re: Problems with MSUA not displaying correctly

Post by Ormu » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:48 pm

How big is the missing portion? Sounds like the picture is not correctly positioned on the display. Is there an "Auto adjust" option (button or menu item) in the display itself? It might help...

Another possible solution to many problems related to modern computers is to use UA_source:
http://forums.metropolisdawn.com/viewto ... =13&t=1589
Matthew Lever wrote:Take out Ormus as soon as you see them.
UA community Discord channel: https://discord.gg/7H4dFQH
Not all Ormus are mine. When in doubt, please ask...

strages87
Firefly
Firefly

Post by strages87 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:27 am

the portion missing is the bottom of the screen. So if your on the mission briefing screen, and you go to find the "Start Mission" button (or whatever its called, can't see it to see actual text), the entire button is hidden, I can just make out the very top edge of the button, like a sliver to let me know its there.

I'm not familiar with the UA_source you mentioned, I'm guessing that's a recompilation of the source code of the game, optimized for current computers? I'll have to check it out.

Zidane
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Zidane » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:38 am

It's fully compatible and written from scratch. Also I'm working on making it more better.
合体! ライオカイザー

strages87
Firefly
Firefly

Post by strages87 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:37 am

I just downloaded it and installed it, worked like a charm. Thanks for all the work your doing!