Urban Assault doesn't install in Windows 10!!!!

For general topics about Urban Assault and any Urban Assault-related topic that doesn't fit anywhere else. If you're not sure, it probably goes in here.
Reverie
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Urban Assault doesn't install in Windows 10!!!!

Post by Reverie » Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:47 am

I had Window 7 before. And the game install fine. But now, I upgraded to Windows 10. When I install UA, when it ask where to install the game, then I click next and suddenly a female voice say in background "All host stations & primary systems are online" (something like, I dont kmow the exact sentence). Even it doesnt ask to install whether 'Minimal' or 'Typical' or 'Full'. At the end, it just show 'Play Urban Assault' , 'Online Registration', 'Exit Setup'. And when I click in Play Urban Assault, it don't start at all. An error occur something like "The game is not installed. Try reinstalling it". I installed the game for 8-10 times, even more. But same thing happens always. Should I revert back to Windows 7? Someone also face the same problem in Wondows 10? I also put the setup in compatibility mode but its doesn't do anything. Can I install Windows 7 with Windows10? Because there are few more games which even aren't installing in Win 10 (like Battlefield 3).

CharlotteLabyrinth
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Re: Urban Assault doesn't install in Windows 10!!!!

Post by CharlotteLabyrinth » Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:05 pm

Hmm, that's strange... A Windows 10 ultrabook I'm using to play UA while not at home is a laptop upgraded from Windows 8.1 a year ago, and I installed UA on it without a problem after I upgraded it to Windows 10. But I'm not sure about the case of updating from Windows 7 to Windows 10.

Reverie wrote:I had Window 7 before. And the game install fine. But now, I upgraded to Windows 10. When I install UA, when it ask where to install the game, then I click next and suddenly a female voice say in background "All host stations & primary systems are online" (something like, I dont kmow the exact sentence). Even it doesnt ask to install whether 'Minimal' or 'Typical' or 'Full'. At the end, it just show 'Play Urban Assault' , 'Online Registration', 'Exit Setup'. And when I click in Play Urban Assault, it don't start at all. An error occur something like "The game is not installed. Try reinstalling it". I installed the game for 8-10 times, even more. But same thing happens always.
This is definitely not normal. It sounds like the game somehow just skips the whole installation process and jumps straight to the final phase without installing any game files at all. As you said, there must be a part where it asks for 'Compact', 'Typical' & 'Full' installation types to initiate a pertinent file installation right after a file directory has been set.

Have you tried to install UA in a different location other than the default path? Many people seem to have a problem with UAC virtualization when they installed the game into the default path (in Program Files), but I don't think it alone can interfere that far to disrupt the entire installation process by the installer itself. It is still worth trying since it looks like the problem arises from that stage of the installation.

Which installation files are you using to install UA? Do you have your own CD copy of UA, or using an installer from somewhere else? Although unlikely, there could be multiple versions of UA installer out there. I never tried to install UA on Windows 10 from my own retail UA disc (because this ultrabook has no physical CD drive attached to it), but I used the UASSAULT.mdf & .mds hosted on Metropolis Dawn FTP and it worked flawlessly until this time. So please try again with the disk images I mentioned if you haven't yet.

Last but not least, are there any UA game files or registry keys remaining on your computer? When upgrading to Windows 10, it will generally ask whether a user would like to keep existing files or perform a clean install from the scratch. If you choose to keep your files, then the file backups will be created at 'Windows.old' folder in your 'C:\'. If this is the case, you should be able to find your old directory with UA.exe in there, then try to manually launch the game through it and see what happens. The chances are maybe the game was not entirely removed to be reinstalled again at the first time, but the installer might not recognise it properly due to a system update/registry mismatch... etc.

Reverie wrote:Should I revert back to Windows 7? Someone also face the same problem in Wondows 10? I also put the setup in compatibility mode but its doesn't do anything. Can I install Windows 7 with Windows10? Because there are few more games which even aren't installing in Win 10 (like Battlefield 3).
Downgrading your OS is somewhat complicated to say, but it's really up to your decision. If the problem persists and you are not really fond of the new Win 10's designs and functions either, then reverting it back to Win 7 would be an option.

Operating both Win 7 and Win 10 on a same computer should be possible with a dual-boot configuration or via virtualisation softwares. But I'm no expert with them. Perhaps someone else who have more profound knowledge on this could help you better and extensively.

I personally don't have a problem with BF3 on Win 10 either. If the game is not being installed at all (I remember that some people were having a problem at launching it on Win 10, but not installing), you may want to open a support ticket at EA or Battlelog help forum for a further assistance, such as verifying the integrity of your Origin account. (Note: EA support is quite lazy and rather incompetent, so be prepared for some protracted lost cause. Sorry, but I had to say that one...) Also make sure your Origin and PB client is up to date. It is possible that the functionality of PB or your local Origin files are broken during the transitional phase. Uninstall Origin and install it again with the latest version from their site, and in the case of PB if you can still find BF3 files on your computer then you could easily reinstall it from the tools within there. Lastly, re-check your firewall and antivirus settings to make sure none of them are responsible for these problems.

This is why I prefer to keep my main gaming desktop to remain on Windows 7, because I think Win 7 is the best 'middle ground' to play both classic and modern games without many issues. Newer versions of Windows always seem to cause some troubles in some spots.

Or could it be something else on your computer that is detering these games from working properly...?
;----------------------------------------------------------
;
; Vielleicht der niedlichste Hubi, Knuddel.
;

Personal Declaration: I always use different usernames across different websites. Hence if you ever see my username is being used outside of Stoudson Corporation, I absolutely have no affiliation whatsoever with that!

Yakamaru
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Yakamaru » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:47 pm

Solution: Don't get Windows 10 and revert back to 7.

Worst case scenario get Linux.
There exist 10 different types of people in this world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
Stupidity is at large!
You are just stupid.

CharlotteLabyrinth
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by CharlotteLabyrinth » Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:32 pm

I can't say for sure but I heard that Windows 10 Anniversary Update had caused more than enough issues with people who recently upgraded their OS to Win 10 from an earlier version of Windows...

My opinion remains same as in my previous post. You really don't lose much for not using Win 10, and Win 7 is king of compatibility.
;
; Vielleicht der niedlichste Hubi, Knuddel.
;

Personal Declaration: I always use different usernames across different websites. Hence if you ever see my username is being used outside of Stoudson Corporation, I absolutely have no affiliation whatsoever with that!

CuSToM_94
Dragonfly
Dragonfly

Post by CuSToM_94 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:34 pm

Well, You can enjoy the single-player campaign using latest source code from Zindane's project
just download the latest binary
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5H4Z ... EtXMUZjRW8
copy all the files to your UA directory. Then, run UA_source.exe

dark_saiyens
Firefly
Firefly

Post by dark_saiyens » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:36 pm

THANKS YOU SO MUCH IT WORKS FOR WINDOWS 10 and in 1440p <3
But i got only 60 fps with no units on scree and English keyboard :(
But thanks you sooooooo much again!
I have discovered this wonderful forum thanks to Windows 10 incompatibility ^^

Zidane
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Zidane » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:28 am

dark_saiyens wrote:THANKS YOU SO MUCH IT WORKS FOR WINDOWS 10 and in 1440p <3
But i got only 60 fps with no units on scree and English keyboard :(
But thanks you sooooooo much again!
I have discovered this wonderful forum thanks to Windows 10 incompatibility ^^
60 is a best fps for this engine because algorithms not optimised for higher fps(100+) and will produce bugs, but if you want to try then add "gfx.maxfps = yourfps" into nucleus.ini
合体! ライオカイザー