UA:Source

For general topics about Urban Assault and any Urban Assault-related topic that doesn't fit anywhere else. If you're not sure, it probably goes in here.
Bronsteijn24K
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Re: UA:Source

Post by Bronsteijn24K » Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:06 am

Any recent happenings going on with the source build Zidane?

Zidane
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Zidane » Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:19 am

I'm working on multiplayer part ( client-server code replacement for directplay)
合体! ライオカイザー

CharlotteLabyrinth
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by CharlotteLabyrinth » Mon Dec 25, 2017 7:43 am

Zidane, sorry to bother you again with petty issues, but it looks like this old particle bug is still present with unit machine guns(='special' type weapon) in the source build. Would you mind reviewing it? It is easier to notice if there are many units firing machine guns.

If it's not clearly visible, please add the lines below into your level file.

Code: Select all

modify_weapon 49
shot_time	=	100	; 300
shot_time_user	=	100	; 150
end
It will increase the display frequency of machine gun particles for both user and AI controlled vehicles.

Also would it be possible to debug the original UA glitch where the both unit and weapon radii become null so the hit registrations do not work properly on the objects that are situated at sector borders? :idea:

Occasionally it causes game-breaking situations where tanks located directly on a sector border can constantly bombard host/flak stations without taking return fire as the weapons fired from turrets will just pass through the tanks and hit the ground beneath them instead.
;----------------------------------------------------------
;
; Vielleicht der niedlichste Hubi, Knuddel.
;
;----------------------------------------------------------

Personal Declaration: I always use different usernames across different websites. Hence if you ever see my username is being used outside of Stoudson Corporation, I absolutely have no affiliation whatsoever with that!

Zidane
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Zidane » Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:08 pm

It's must be particle limit(it's set in particle defination). I want remake it to infinity, but original architecture will produce memory leaks in that case.
合体! ライオカイザー