UA:Source

For general topics about Urban Assault and any Urban Assault-related topic that doesn't fit anywhere else. If you're not sure, it probably goes in here.
Zidane
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Re: UA:Source

Post by Zidane » Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:34 pm

teuzzz wrote:
CharlotteLabyrinth wrote: Oh and one more thing, it seems the rendering limit for explosion effects remains unchanged. For the record, UA has a slide bar for adjusting the numbers of explosive GFX displayed in the game's options (default max is 16). Although it is not a problem for now.
I noticed the same thing, i hope zidane will also take care of this. :)
Strange... this slider affects only on how many(max) explosion effects will be generated for each "dead" object. It's not total limit. But I will test it.

Bronsteijn24K wrote:Hey Zidane great work on the render limiter at last we can have full scale warfare.

I would also like to point out if you could fix a small AI bug.

Gun turrets have this weird flaw when controlled by the AI where they cannot fire if the target is directly north or south of them, like an artificial blind-spot. User controlled, it isnt a problem, but when flak stations cant shoot at their target because its right in front of them it can be annoying. Could you have a look?

Its most noticeable with the resistance flak station 1.
Oh, it will be hard to catch this :) but I will try. In original UA it's same?
合体! ライオカイザー

CharlotteLabyrinth
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by CharlotteLabyrinth » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:04 pm

Zidane wrote:
teuzzz wrote:
CharlotteLabyrinth wrote: Oh and one more thing, it seems the rendering limit for explosion effects remains unchanged. For the record, UA has a slide bar for adjusting the numbers of explosive GFX displayed in the game's options (default max is 16). Although it is not a problem for now.
I noticed the same thing, i hope zidane will also take care of this. :)
Strange... this slider affects only on how many(max) explosion effects will be generated for each "dead" object. It's not total limit. But I will test it.
Oh, then please do not waste your precious time over the function of this slide bar. When I first noticed the explosion limitations it was the foremost thing that naturally came up into my mind, but I was probably wrong with that assumption.

Zidane wrote:
Bronsteijn24K wrote:Hey Zidane great work on the render limiter at last we can have full scale warfare.

Gun turrets have this weird flaw when controlled by the AI where they cannot fire if the target is directly north or south of them, like an artificial blind-spot. User controlled, it isnt a problem, but when flak stations cant shoot at their target because its right in front of them it can be annoying. Could you have a look?

This flak station bug is present in the original UA too. It is most noticeable with single turret flak stations that are located at the centre of sectors with high pedestal structures. It looked like a problem with acquiring targets at certain angles and heights.
;----------------------------------------------------------
;
; Vielleicht der niedlichste Hubi, Knuddel.
;
;----------------------------------------------------------

Personal Declaration: I always use different usernames across different websites. Hence if you ever see my username is being used outside of Stoudson Corporation, I absolutely have no affiliation whatsoever with that!

teuzzz
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by teuzzz » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:15 pm

Thank you very much Zidane.

By the way i suggest you to add some new goals in the "to-do" list like:

- The possibility for a weapon to cause AOE damage (for example a new parameter like "area_dmg = 400")

- Remove the limited uses of dest_fx (Death and Megadeth): This parameter can only be used a fixed number of times on a weapon/unit/robo ect... if the limit is removed, more complex destructive effects can be created.

- The possibility to attach a turret to a normal unit, not just to a robo class (i know, this is very hard to do.. and you already tell me that will not be easy)

Regards

TeuZzZ

Zidane
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Zidane » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:17 pm

First tests of transparent far objects Image
合体! ライオカイザー

Bronsteijn24K
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Bronsteijn24K » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:23 pm

Zidane wrote:First tests of transparent far objects Image
MyGod... :shock:

Is this real life!?

Fra6160
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Fra6160 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:58 am

Wow, really very good work! Actually the game has improved so much! Just impressed :O

Hey Zidane, do you remember my question about the beta 1 compass square? Bronsteijn24k told me that it's about "hardcode". Do you think is it possible to have it working on beta 1 source and final version source?
(I made some attempts like you suggested but nothing)

The fact is, when I run the beta 1 via Daemon Tools (thus not source but normal game run), if the graphic option is set on good graphics (I mean not set to Software mode), the shining HUD appears, as normal, and I can see it to the compass square too (a thing that developers removed in final UA version, maybe because they thought it was confusing for sector colors), and in beta 1 source it is removed too. So, probably, when you improved some bugs of the beta 1 in source, maybe you kind of removed the shining compass square too? Could it be somehow?

Thank you so much for your time and efforts.
THE FALL OF SDU MOD WORKS IN PROGRESS (16%) - STOPPED - ABANDONED

Download it here: http://www.gamefront.com/files/20703518 ... a+Demo.rar

Ormu
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Ormu » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:28 am

Zidane wrote:New build 0.93-1
Features:
Software clipping replaced with hardware. Which allowed fix texture distortion on near objects.

Software (distortion better seen in motion):
*img*

Reworked rendering queue.
*img*
Very cool! The rendering limit was rather annoying. Do you think it was implemented specifically for performance reasons (computers were slow back then) or was it just due to using static sizes (like many other limitations in original UA)?

Transparency on distant objects looks nice too!

CharlotteLabyrinth wrote:
Zidane wrote:

This flak station bug is present in the original UA too. It is most noticeable with single turret flak stations that are located at the centre of sectors with high pedestal structures. It looked like a problem with acquiring targets at certain angles and heights.
I think I've noticed something like this in original UA too... The flaks do not always fire exactly to the direction where the enemy is coming from. But I don't remember the details.
Matthew Lever wrote:Take out Ormus as soon as you see them.
UA community Discord channel: https://discord.gg/7H4dFQH
Not all Ormus are mine. When in doubt, please ask...

Zidane
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Zidane » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:05 pm

Fra6160 wrote:Wow, really very good work! Actually the game has improved so much! Just impressed :O

Hey Zidane, do you remember my question about the beta 1 compass square? Bronsteijn24k told me that it's about "hardcode". Do you think is it possible to have it working on beta 1 source and final version source?

The fact is, when I run the beta 1 via Daemon Tools (thus not source but normal game run), if the graphic option is set on good graphics (I mean not set to Software mode), the shining HUD appears, as normal, and I can see it to the compass square too (a thing that developers removed in final UA version, maybe because they thought it was confusing for sector colors), and in beta 1 source it is removed too. So, probably, when you improved some bugs of the beta 1 in source, maybe you kind of removed the shining compass square too? Could it be somehow?

I will try to add this feature but not now.
合体! ライオカイザー

Zidane
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Zidane » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:20 pm

0.93-2
Added new sky render tech.
To enable it add "gfx.newsky = on" into nucleus.ini (by defaults it off)
Another new keys for this sky rendering:
gfx.skydistance (default 3000) from what distance starts new sky falloff effect
gfx.skylength (default 500) falloff effect length

Although it's not affects far-far distance view. For now it's standard and about 3500.

For easy manipulation of draw distance it's needed to rework few places. However this new sky rendering is one of them.

P.S. This rendering will be improved. For now may occur some glitches (like instant appearing of map edge instead of smooth)
合体! ライオカイザー

Fra6160
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Fra6160 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:31 pm

Zidane wrote:
Fra6160 wrote:Wow, really very good work! Actually the game has improved so much! Just impressed :O

I will try to add this feature but not now.
Okay, thank you!

However, the new sky works great! Really great job! Thank you!
THE FALL OF SDU MOD WORKS IN PROGRESS (16%) - STOPPED - ABANDONED

Download it here: http://www.gamefront.com/files/20703518 ... a+Demo.rar