Boo

Talk about other topics that do not pertain to Urban Assault here.
Campo1988
Firefly
Firefly

Boo

Post by Campo1988 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:09 pm

I can't believe people are still on here, and I presume are still playing UA! I know I am!

How are we all doodlin'? I so wish someone would make new maps for the game, and expansions. Better yet, I wish someone would re-release the game using a better gaming engine. That would be brilliant!

Campo1988
Firefly
Firefly

Re: Boo

Post by Campo1988 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:10 pm

1 post? All my previous work was for nought. :(

CharlotteLabyrinth
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by CharlotteLabyrinth » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:05 am

Welcome back! The forums are quite inactive as usual but it's really amazing that people are keep coming back on occasion! :)

For a new development regarding UA, you may find Zidane's project interesting:

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1589
;----------------------------------------------------------
;
; Vielleicht der niedlichste Hubi, Knuddel.
;

Personal Declaration: I always use different usernames across different websites. Hence if you ever see my username is being used outside of Stoudson Corporation, I absolutely have no affiliation whatsoever with that!

Campo1988
Firefly
Firefly

Post by Campo1988 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:45 am

Hi. :)

Thanks. I did download MarioSDU6/SDU7's Intense mod, but I am playing the game again so it will have to wait. Is there a tutorial I can use for using the mods, or is it as straightforward as I am thinking it to be?
  1. copy the files to their respective folders
Of course, I am not certain where to put the .ldf files in \Normal\ and \Intense\, though.

I'll have a look at Zidane's mod, as well.

Thanks.

CharlotteLabyrinth
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by CharlotteLabyrinth » Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:17 pm

Hi again! :D

Yes, you are absolutely correct. The installation of custom UA mods are very straightforward; so far they are all designed to be played with a replacement of existing game files.

In the case of Intense Mod, the .ldf files should be placed inside the LEVELS\SINGLE directory in your Urban Assault folder, whilst the remaining files should be easily recognisable as they already have the corresponding folder names.

Some important reminders:

Backup the original game files! Because the mod files will actually overwrite the existing game files, if there is no backup of vanilla game files then the changes will be irreversible without a complete reinstallation of the game.

As an aside, when the Zidane's project is finished, someday we might even have a quick & simple inbuilt mod manager for UA... 8-)
;
; Vielleicht der niedlichste Hubi, Knuddel.
;

Personal Declaration: I always use different usernames across different websites. Hence if you ever see my username is being used outside of Stoudson Corporation, I absolutely have no affiliation whatsoever with that!

Ormu
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Ormu » Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:57 pm

Campo1988 wrote:1 post? All my previous work was for nought. :(
Welcome back. The search only finds your introduction message in addition to this topic. If there were more, they have either disappeared for some reason, or the search may be skipping results. If you think so, perhaps contact GoldStar611 by sending a PM.

Yet another note about mod installation: Create a new save after copying all the files. Playing old saves causes glitches.
Matthew Lever wrote:Take out Ormus as soon as you see them.
UA community Discord channel: https://discord.gg/7H4dFQH
Not all Ormus are mine. When in doubt, please ask...

Campo1988
Firefly
Firefly

Post by Campo1988 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:48 pm

CharlotteLabyrinth wrote:Hi again! :D

Yes, you are absolutely correct. The installation of custom UA mods are very straightforward; so far they are all designed to be played with a replacement of existing game files.

In the case of Intense Mod, the .ldf files should be placed inside the LEVELS\SINGLE directory in your Urban Assault folder, whilst the remaining files should be easily recognisable as they already have the corresponding folder names.

Some important reminders:

Backup the original game files! Because the mod files will actually overwrite the existing game files, if there is no backup of vanilla game files then the changes will be irreversible without a complete reinstallation of the game.

As an aside, when the Zidane's project is finished, someday we might even have a quick & simple inbuilt mod manager for UA... 8-)
That sounds good. Thanks.

Did you say a mod manager built in to the game?! :O Lol. I hope s/he mak-- what am I talking about? Gaming is a boys-only geek past-time! - makes it easy and not confusing.
Ormu wrote:
Campo1988 wrote:1 post? All my previous work was for nought. :(
Welcome back. The search only finds your introduction message in addition to this topic. If there were more, they have either disappeared for some reason, or the search may be skipping results. If you think so, perhaps contact GoldStar611 by sending a PM.

Yet another note about mod installation: Create a new save after copying all the files. Playing old saves causes glitches.
No, lol. I had only a couple of posts (or 1 post). I was trying to make people think I was very active here, lol.

Thanks for the mod note.

I forgot to say that in my impatient eagreness, or eagre impatience, I made a thread about new mods before checking, lol.