How did the black sect get "their" units?

"A mysterious horde of scavengers, pirates and mercenaries..."
O Y ME
Emperor of the Mykonians (Veteran)

How did the black sect get "their" units?

Post by O Y ME » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:04 am

OK, it's about time I started a topic about UA which we don't have an answer to and start making guesses. Just how do the black sect have access to the units of other factions. Well lets start with what we know from the mission briefings. First the resistance. One mission briefing tells that it was an anvil class host station designed for you but was stolen by SDU1 due to her defection. This tells how they have resistance units. Now for taerkastens. They entered a technology sharing agreement with the black sect but they betrayed the taerkastens with "their" bronsteijns. We assume that they got all the other units by that time as well. Now for the ghorkovs. There is a mission briefing that talks about the resistance selling out the ghorkovs to the mykonians. However, the resistance government denies they ever did such a thing even though the ghorkovs think we have betrayed them and lied about it. Perhaps the black sect did this when this whole war was just starting? The 2 alien factions probably were obtained through scientific means by destroyed units since the black sect had royal families and history before history.
National martial law is finally here.

leftylink
Useless Bystander Admin
Useless Bystander Admin

Re: How did the black sect get "their" units?

Post by leftylink » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:17 am

Well, I remember some mission briefing (or maybe something in the help files? Or maybe our wikipedia article?!) that states that maybe even Mykonian and Sulgogar scientists (or soldiers, or whatever) have joined the Black Sect. That would explain the Black Sect's ability to create those units, BUT it seems like a very unlikely story that any alien race bent on humans' destruction would join them... but I guess anything is possible. Who says aliens can't feel remorse? (EDIT: I found this text. It's on an old version of our article at Wikipedia, so once again it is not canon, and just someone else's speculation on how this is possible. )

However, even though the Mykonians would probably have the technology to communicate with humans... I don't see how the Sulgogars could have. They are basically plants/parasites... what a mystery.

Still, it is fun to speculate.

Not sure how they got Ghorkov technology either... some really good spies or thieves? No canon to explain.

For those who are curious to do further research on O Y ME's post, canon explanations for Resistance and Taerkasten technology falling into Black Sect hands are located in Maze Wayz and Blue Casbah, respectively.
~Leftylink, the former Useless Bystander Admin.
Retired from UA since university. May play again someday...

"SERP RUSH KEKEKEKEKEKEKEKE!!!"
"OMG I SAID NO RUSH 15 MINS!!!!!!" *dies*

Proud creator of the Urban Assault Campaign Guides [Resistance] [Ghorkov] [Taerkasten], the Urban Assault LDF Reader, and the Excel maps

Alfa
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Alfa » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:52 pm

leftylink wrote:For those who are curious to do further research on O Y ME's post, canon explanations for Resistance and Taerkasten technology falling into Black Sect hands are located in Maze Wayz and Blue Casbah, respectively.
Black Sect got the Taerkast units by creating a technology alliance with them. But when the Black Sect turned "their" bronsteijns against their real creators, the Taerkasts got pissed off and killed the alliance. That would also explain why they think they have no possible allies.

That should clear their part.
://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff34/AlfaGoon/GIMP/cannabitchsig.gif?t=1226184091[/img]

Circle
Firefly
Firefly

Post by Circle » Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:24 am

Black Sect could have stolen Mykonians technology and enslaved the Sulgogars.

After all, they are "A mysterious horde of scavengers, pirates and mercenaries..."

Urbana
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Urbana » Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:24 am

Well from what i believe the resistance uploaded alot of units into the anvil class station but when they wanted to give it to sdu7 the black sect stole it from them and thats how they can use resistance units and capture tech upgrades. The question is how the hell they managed to actually steal it from them in the first place.
I have been away too long. The challenge has waned. They must learn anew the meaning of ph34r
://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd333/pete_kaboom/TheResistanceUB2-1.png[/img]
://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t318/Al-Khabir/UrbanAssaultSig.gif[/img]

john1352
Ghargoil 3
Ghargoil 3

Post by john1352 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:28 am

O Y ME wrote: First the resistance. One mission briefing tells that it was an anvil class host station designed for you but was stolen by SDU1 due to her defection.
I thought that was what happened
://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd333/pete_kaboom/FalconUB.png[/img]

Brachy UA FREAK
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Brachy UA FREAK » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:18 pm

probably they capped the mykos.. but the problem is that myko wracks get "sucked" up by the cabling .... probably they made some cheap copies
GET YOUR HANDS OFF FROM THAT PARASITE!
Or
I LL QUADDA YOU

://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd333/pete_kaboom/MykoniansUB1.png
://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd333/pete_kaboom/X01-Quadda.gif

Myko Mod [MID] back alive after long hiatus!

O Y ME

Post by O Y ME » Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:40 pm

leftylink wrote:I don't see how the Sulgogars could have. They are basically plants/parasites... what a mystery.
You are forgetting the fact that the sulgogars are a very intelligent race. Whether they're sentient or not is debatable but from reading this little sentence; I'm going to say they are sentient.

"Why would the Sulgogars want to exterminate humans from the Earth? Considering what we did to the oceans, and the atmosphere, thinking even briefly about The Big Mistake, we might instead ask: Why wouldn’t they want to exterminate humans from the Earth?"

Perhaps a sulgogar queen was just down to 1 little energy bar left and the black sect took that advantage to study it. Or, they may have came willingly considering the threat of the parasite and the advantage the black sect had against everybody else. I'm going with the latter.
National martial law is finally here.

Brachy UA FREAK
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Brachy UA FREAK » Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:16 am

well that could be ... but the queen... why it din´t call for support?
GET YOUR HANDS OFF FROM THAT PARASITE!
Or
I LL QUADDA YOU

://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd333/pete_kaboom/MykoniansUB1.png
://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd333/pete_kaboom/X01-Quadda.gif

Myko Mod [MID] back alive after long hiatus!

HartzIV
Firefly
Firefly

Post by HartzIV » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:38 pm

Maybe there was no support near it? Or the Black Sect isolated it.

I think this is how the Black Sect also got the Mykonian vehicles.
Maybe they have catched them or damaged it so much it can't defend itself no more.
://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t318/Al-Khabir/UrbanAssaultSig6.gif[/img]