How did the black sect get "their" units?

"A mysterious horde of scavengers, pirates and mercenaries..."
deetex
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Re: How did the black sect get "their" units?

Post by deetex » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:18 am

Going through the forbidden readings and mission briefings, it's fairly obvious none of the factions favor honesty over control... afterall, what the public knows gives them power.

It lies entirely within reason that SDU 1, who surprised me by being listed as female, I believe this is the only noted case, defected to the Black Sect with the Anvil class, as well as various other (resistance) vehicles.

Taking in account that they actually managed to open trade negotiations with the taerkasten, and further cementing by briefings suggesting they are an OLD faction, we can conclude they possess fairly proficient negotiators and political figures.

Following this, they(The 'sect) are an (stealthy) external observer, keeping eyes on the Ghorkov's propaganda and brainwashing.
If history teaches us one thing, it's that oppression is never hidden, the populous knows, and being a silent observer, the 'sect HAS the oppertunity to seed unrest and disloyalty... this COULD eventually reach 'kov scientists.

Another theory is that the BlackSect used to be/might've been a devision of the resistance.
It is well-documented that the resistance has several departments and hinting towards even more.
It is ALSO documented that the Special Ops department(resistance) is run like a mad cow on crack, rendering it plausible at best that SpecOps is infact the Blacksect turned morally questionable...

Taking above in account, who can deny the possiblity that The SpecOps are in fact the ones who sold the Ghorkov out to the Mykos, and later on formed (or joined) the Black Sect.

In any case, how the Black Sect got their hands on the Human's vehicles is fairly clear cut.

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the squid's also cloned on the battlefield?
This indicates a blueprint or origenal, something the squids can use as base or template, paterns which can be recognized by... say, a scout?

Myko tech is beyond me, and to be brutally honest, I wasn't aware the Sect had access to either Alien tech :S

(on a sidenote, I keep referring to the green aliens as squids because I can't be arsed to memorize their full name.)

Just my $ 0.02 US

JakeLoko
Fox
Fox

Post by JakeLoko » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:03 am

They use some kind of spies <.<
Adidas= Imposible is nothing
Johan(me)= Imposible is something
Hittler= Imposible im death!
<.< Yeah ... .... wasnt funny ... ...... gently caress you just laught ¬¬!
The Best UA Player In Latino America ://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd333/pete_kaboom/FalconUB.png[/img]

Roland985
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Roland985 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:09 pm

deetex wrote: Another theory is that the BlackSect used to be/might've been a devision of the resistance.
It is well-documented that the resistance has several departments and hinting towards even more.
It is ALSO documented that the Special Ops department(resistance) is run like a mad cow on crack, rendering it plausible at best that SpecOps is infact the Blacksect turned morally questionable...
Its quite possible. The resistance is a big faction, and it only makes sense to have as many departments. But I think the BS is just full of defecters from all sides, but of course, it could have been a few disgruntled black ops members...

Squids are something else... just say: SUHLL/YOU/GO/GAR

Just my 00.02c AU

MarioSDU6/SDU7
Slime Lord
Slime Lord

Post by MarioSDU6/SDU7 » Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:21 am

Yeah, but still it's a real mystery how the Black Sect got access to Sulgogar units...

UNLESS they could take snapshots of the units, trying to replicate them working hard using some kind of custom terran genetic manipulation (just after they quickly and carefully take the residue of the Sulgogar units they destroyed so they could discover their "original" model), testing them, and if they work, then they did it, but still they had to work hard for the weapons and MGs, and well, they exactly replicated them, although I doubt this can be a good theory, and other theories might fail since the Black Sect can't just directly go to sulgogarian society, and they could be eaten beforehand, even if they try to directly extract fresh DNA from her units...
Intense Mod progress (it includes tests):
Resistance 100% done
Demo version uncertain fate
New Ghorkov and Taerkasten 100% done

Factions of choice: Resistance, Ghorkovs, Taerkastens

Roland985
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Roland985 » Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:09 am

What was discussed before was that the BS shot a Sulgo's queen, waiting for it to go down to 1 energy. They simply copied the queens memory banks over to the plasma formation data banks. Also, I think that the staff of the BS are in fact possible clones of a few people.

MarioSDU6/SDU7
Slime Lord
Slime Lord

Post by MarioSDU6/SDU7 » Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:37 pm

Yeah, and thanks for remembering me that. I remember I saw something like that before, but I forgot it completely.

Anyway, the Black Sect is possible for everything, even they are able to steal and replicate alien technology, something the other terran factions are unable to do.
Intense Mod progress (it includes tests):
Resistance 100% done
Demo version uncertain fate
New Ghorkov and Taerkasten 100% done

Factions of choice: Resistance, Ghorkovs, Taerkastens

MarcOlle
Bugged Ostwind?
Bugged Ostwind?

Post by MarcOlle » Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:16 pm

Maybe they are hunters too and hunt the alien members and use them to your benefit, with no care about their lifes....
Trying to do a comeback...
://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd333/pete_kaboom/SulgogarsUB2.png[/img]
________________________________________________________________________________________
Fra6160 at 29/Apr/2009 wrote:In 2011 we'll discover the plasma creation :D
And still we have not discovered the plasma creation...

Kataphraktoi
Firefly
Firefly

Post by Kataphraktoi » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:08 pm

There is a mission briefing that talks about the resistance selling out the ghorkovs to the mykonians. However, the resistance government denies they ever did such a thing even though the ghorkovs think we have betrayed them and lied about it.
Saw this a few times in the thread and its from mission ''hurz'' and i quote "DIPLOMATIC DISPATCH: Reports that the Ghorkovs hate The Resistance because we tried to sell them out to the Mykonians are categorically denied--but true." so internally resistance do take credit for this...not a rouge operation as far as i can tell.

Personally i would suspect SDU1 was not actually a traitor, but a plant and operative of BS all along. As described in mission briefings they are a secret society inside humanity-not just resistance-so they would be in position to manipulate things like that. The way i see it they could have access to resistance tech all along but certainly after obtaining the anvil. Dont think it would be that hard to have guys on inside of kovs the whole time honestly, or know how to get to some scientists and turn them. Since black sect predate gorkovs they could infiltrate that group or maintain info before that group could resist such things. As mentioned taerkasts units are explained by that tech trading deal(naive taerkastens :P

How do i explain myko and sulg units being stolen? Hmm well ill go with a wishywashy answer and just say...its a game :P

surfer1253
Zeppelin
Zeppelin

Post by surfer1253 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:21 pm

Well i just saw this post and i think an easy explain would be that:
As you know the black sect didnt exist in the world so it probably were an alien race and as that fact they should have fought in another planet than earth and so they got the mykonian units becuase mykonian wouldnt let any thing live lol...And sulgogars are just some "plants" so theyre not so hard to be stolen lol...
As for the human factions such as Ghorkovs , Taerkasten and Resistance as you know humans can easy be "stalked","stealed" so it wouldnt be such a hard thing for the black sect to steal theyre technology and even pay humans to join Black Sect...What humans want is just money at all...
Taerkasten:
We crush,we smash,
none can oppose us!

fabriciovic2
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by fabriciovic2 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:43 pm

The truth about Black Sect is that they are composed by ex CIA "ghosts",lots of Military personal"formed"by Rangers,Green Beretts,S.E.A.L.S,Marine Recon Units,N.A.T.O Spec Units,so,they joined with mercenaries from private companies such Blackwater,Hallyburton,so and So,and with an alliance with Former Capitalist Russian Spetnatz and G.R.U.agents from Moskva,So this kind of people have acess to all"Black Market"(weapons,biological and chemical warfare,technology,stolen cars,chinese cigarretes,drugs,etc)so its easy westerns have acess to fight with"enemy s"weapons,they are years beyond resistance..its a shame...but they afraid of Myko cereal diet bars and old communists"furhats"....
...somebody says something about conspiracy theory here?....