What is the first HS of Black Sect?

"A mysterious horde of scavengers, pirates and mercenaries..."
fabriciovic2
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Re: What is the first HS of Black Sect?

Post by fabriciovic2 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:02 pm

Black Sect tried to stole the Nightclub from the Mykonians but it fails....
i back to say about them,they are not illuminati or something,they are a former military personal pirates...smoking cheap cigarrettes...
...Euphorya is the gilt......

ForeverAndADork
Firefly
Firefly

Post by ForeverAndADork » Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:03 am

MarcOlle wrote:I read somewhere that is not a host station, it is 'forget the name' station, and it is controlled for the best generals inside the flying fortress...
They plan together to make the best plans against his enemies... That is the reason it isn't the first faction encountered in Campaing...
It's called a Festunghaus which I think translates as fortress house. Additionally since they're "Tied to the past" It would make sense that it's full of people remote controlling the drones instead of a SDU.

CharlotteLabyrinth
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by CharlotteLabyrinth » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:40 pm

ForeverAndADork wrote:
MarcOlle wrote:I read somewhere that is not a host station, it is 'forget the name' station, and it is controlled for the best generals inside the flying fortress...
They plan together to make the best plans against his enemies... That is the reason it isn't the first faction encountered in Campaing...
It's called a Festunghaus which I think translates as fortress house. Additionally since they're "Tied to the past" It would make sense that it's full of people remote controlling the drones instead of a SDU.
Well, I have to respectfully disagree with that... :ninja:

From this snippet of briefing texts I presume the 'Festung houses' are the name of the local Taerkasten houses designated as a key sector in the mission 'New Stonehenge', where their key Druid members are sheltered in.
New Stonehenge mission briefing wrote: BOTTOM LINE: We beam into the heart of
Taerkasten holy country to seek out and
terminate key Taerkasten Druids within
their military order. Central AI informs
that their extermination will delay the
execution of 17 captured Resistance
POWs. The Druids are bunkered in Festung
houses to the north. Level these houses
to ensure no survivors, and extract
immediately.
The Flying Fortress is referred as many different names throughout the game files and stories such as 'Savior Machine' or 'Hauptstation' (Headquarter), however. :)

About the remote controlling units part: In the official Urban Assault strategy guidebook 'Urban Assault: Inside Moves', the first chapter contains substantial background stories and lore about the UA world that were otherwise never stated anywhere else.

According to the book, the method that individuals are remote controlling their own drones from underground were how they managed to fight back against off-world intruders before the advent of host stations.

When there are military conflicts going on in domed cities, the survivors living in the cities had locked themselves into each of their own underground bunker cell, constantly monitoring the ground level with their communication equipment to track the Mykonian and Sulgogarian activities (and even each other when necessary) in the cities while safely remote controlling battle drones from their panic rooms until the area is safe again. :P

This situation was changed when the development of host stations was accomplished; The Machine which enables to link and wire all the networks and computers of the free world and add connectivity to all automated armament plants into one centralised system.

The emergence of mighty host stations on the battlefields had rendered the individuals controlling their own drones an obsolete and unnecessary task, for it was only a single host station master that was required to control and direct contingents of war machines that are linked into an integrated host station battle network without the additional manpower.

So, as long as the Taerkastens make heavy use of their own version of host stations in battles, I do not think there are more people involved in controlling their war machines aside from a host station master in the battlezone. :mrgreen:

Whilst Taerkasten are indeed tied to the past it does not necessarily imply that they do not embrace the benefits of the modern technology at all. Otherwise it would be impossible for them to utilise plasma formations, let alone the host station systems.

Units like Phantom, Bronsteijn, or Serp evidently employ a sort of jet propulsion from rocket engines, and the Taerkastens use environmentally-friendly solar power stations (and stonehenges...) in contrast to nuclear power stations of the Ghorkovs or cold fusion power stations of the Resistance.

In my point of view, Taerkasten only disdain the eco-destructive technologies that are directly responsible for predating The Big Mistake, which the Resistian and Ghorkovian industries heavily relied upon and became the main reason for why they hate them.
;----------------------------------------------------------
;
; Vielleicht der niedlichste Hubi, Knuddel.
;
;----------------------------------------------------------

Personal Declaration: I always use different usernames across different websites. Hence if you ever see my username is being used outside of Stoudson Corporation, I absolutely have no affiliation whatsoever with that!